Skip to main content

Plans for 2021 (December 2020 Reads #2)

  https://miro.medium.com/max/3888/1*xXlyKZC6YoxwjKGyDI_5cA.png

Ranking CB’s Bibliography

 

12 Revolution 2020
11 One Arranged Murder
10 One Night @ the Call Center
9 The Girl In Room 105
8 One Indian Girl
7 India Positive
6 The 3 Mistakes of my Life
5 Making India Awesome
4 What Young India Wants
3 Half Girlfriend
2 2 STATES
1 Five Point Someone

End of 2020

https://leapsolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/2020-to-2021-Leap-V2.jpg

2020 was a crazy year! A lot of unexpected moments had happened, and it will always be in my memories. Fortunately, my decision to record these events was a right one and I started recording all of it in my blog.

Before commencing my first-year anniversary for my blog. I just want to share some of my plans for 2021.

This is nothing like an oath of some kind. I may not able to achieve want I list here. Yet, its not bad to dream sometimes. And the most important reason of all is the nostalgic factor it would when I revisit it next year.

So basically, I didn’t achieve what I planned at the start of 2020. I’ll list in what categories I am going to engage most of my time in 2021. 

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2019/12/17/books/review/17fatbooks/17fatbooks-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

Books Duh! Though I started my blog to rant and write about the anime I would watch, and Manga I would read, this blog turned out to be a blog of an avid bibliophile (Sort of!). Should’ve named this blog Dravidian Bibliophile. And that comes to my next interest.

https://imgcp.aacdn.jp/img-a/1200/auto/global-aaj-front/article/2015/11/5653b89fbfae8_5653b78f295f5_373004339.jpg

Anime and Manga Though I read a lot of books this year, I have finished watching three long running anime series this year. Picked 2 new manga series and 2 old manga series to read. I know this is a small amount when compared to how much anime and manga devoured by all the otakus out there. So, my action plan for Anime and Manga would be huge in 2021. I am not sure I would do it or not but let’s see!

A Movie And Popcorn GIF - Movie Spongebob Watching GIFs

Movies and Series Somewhere down the line, I started avoiding movies. The concept of escapism was created for me by the movies. Without movies, I would’ve been a completely different person now. I am what I am because of the movies I watched and the literal high it gave me. On par with movies, I enjoyed series same as I enjoyed movies. Though I watched a lot of series this year, I didn’t start any series that I’ve planned for, like, years!!!

And here’s my plan

To Be Honest, Plan is a posh word. I don’t like to plan and even if I planned anything, it would go wrong. Lets just call it as wish or something.

And here’s my plan wish

Its hard to keep up with what we have planned or wished to do. When I add something to my wish list or TBR, I would be looking forward to watching or reading that. But when the time comes, my mood would go away and start to procrastinate. Then I would give some time and would start reading more meta data about the book/movie/manga/anime or series. But now, even I get the same feeling when I wish something to do.

For example, I planned to wish Harry Potter on December 2020. Then I planned to read it on January, next moved to February. Now I dunno when I gonna start reading the series.

Then I planned to read Wheel of Times on 2021 but then, I surfed a lot and ended up moving that to next year.

What made me to do this change?

Well, it’s because of two book series.

Camp of Half Blood Series (36 Books)

https://canyonechoes.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Camp_Half-Blood_symbol.png

Mortal Instruments Series (17 Books)

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/a9001619268323acdec90bd93d7785f84bb27bc8/0_0_1500_1800/master/1500.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=8f7f015503e591026a08bd8191ceb13b

Now I feel like reading and completing these book series first. I know I wont able to complete it, but I just want to read these simultaneously. Camp of Half Blood series is a children book series and Mortal Instruments book series is a Young Adult series. The irony here is that I didn’t want to read both those genres ever in my life.

I wanted Harry Potter book series to be my one and only children’s book series. And after reading Twilight series and Fifty Shades series, I wanted to distance myself from Young Adult genre. Now about to read both these series. I had my doubts on Mortal Instruments series as I heard mixed reviews about it.

1)      So, I am thinking of reading the first book of Mortal Instrument series (City of Bones) by downloading the pirated E-Book and I’ll give it a try before start reading this series. 

Puffybear Creepy GIF - Puffybear Creepy Smile GIFs

2)      Before that, I should complete my Harry Potter series and Witcher series. Then I’ll start reading first book series of Camp of Half Blood series (Percy Jackson and the Olympians). After finishing that, I’ll be starting the Mortal Instruments.

3)      Then, as usual, I should read my Author Trio this year too. I haven’t planned on the books, but I’ll be reading the Author Trio twice this year at least. Let’s see.

4)      And for the Tamil Authors, I have chosen to start reading the works of Charu Nivedita (Zero Degree), S. Ramakrishnan (Not yet decided any books) and B. Jeyamohan (Aram) (I heard he’s an Ara Sanghi. Excited to read this works too) I have already bought some books written by Vairamuthu and excited to read those one too.

I am guessing that I would read a smaller number of Tamil books when compared to the English books in my TBR. As there are a lot of books series in English, the numbers are a little higher but when I compare it with the standalones, I have more standalones in Tamil than in English.

5)      And at last, after reading all Children and Young Adult series, I am planning on reading serious (both dark and light) fantasies. So, as a start, I’ll be reading standalones of Brandon Sanderson and Joe Abercrombie.

I have some other series like Legend Trilogy, Agatha Christie books and more standalone Tamil and English books in my TBR but as of now, the above mentioned are my must-read books. I’ll be sharing the books I’ll be reading through blog posts at the time of reading those books.

Last year, I wished to complete three anime series (Hitman Reborn, Fairy Tail and Gintama) and succeeded in completing two. (Hitman Reborn and Fairy Tail)

And the major change I did was I have changed my anime and manga tracking website from MyAnimeList to Anilist.

Anilist has this cool interface and acts as both tracking and social media for both anime and manga. I haven’t decided on which anime series I would be watching in 2021 yet but, I have some ideas on the manga I want to read.

1)      And the first manga, I planned to finish is Attack on Titan. Followed by watching the anime from the start. I have already watched the first season of AOT in my 11th Grade and watched the second season of it during my college days. Since I started watching a lot of TV Series in my college days, I had a hiatus with anime and manga. Now I am planning on completing the anime and manga series which were popular on my school days and catching up to the new Gen anime and manga.

2)      And that leads to the new Gen titles such as Black Clover, JJK, My hero Acadamia, Chainsaw Man, Seven Deadly sins, and Doctor Stone. (There are a lot other new Gen Manga and Anime. These were the ones that popped up in my mind now.) So, watching these animes and catching up with these mangas is what I wish to do this year.

3)      This might be an exclusive content for my future posts but whatever. In a whim, I started reading Detective Conan and have completed reading 20 Volumes of it in the month of January. There is nearly 95+ Volumes released for Detective Conan. I have planned to read 20 Volumes for every month or at least somehow catch up with the manga. (I heard that there were hints of Black Organisation in each newly releasing manga chapter now-a-days.)

4)      As far as anime series is concerned, I am watching Gintama right now and hope to complete it soon. Then I am planning on start watching a sports anime. I have three options in my hand – Haikyuu (Volleyball), Kuroko no Basuke/Slam Dunk (Basketball) and Hajime No Hippo (Boxing). If I have time, then I want to complete all these series. Or at least I want to watch any one of the above sports series fully in 2021.

5)      So, mostly I have covered everything related to anime and Manga. Catching up with the New Gen Manga and finish watching any one of the sports anime is my tiny little any anime and manga goal of 2021. And there’s one more thing too. Reading Seinen Manga! As I had three options with the sports anime, I have three options for the Seinen Manga too. Berserk, Vagabond/Kingdom and JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure. Although I am going to watch all the JoJo anime seasons before reading the manga, I wanted to read the manga after watching the anime (Like I did with Bleach, Naruto and One piece in my School Days). I want to read all the above mentioned Seinen Manga in 2021. Let’s see.

The Important Thing to note is this…

Planning/Wishing for the books/mangas to read and Anime to watch is easy. But for Movies and TV Shows I don’t have any thing to say. I usually pick movies on the flow and mood I have at that moment of time.

But if I have to wish something, I wish to complete the works of Stephen Spielberg and Martin Scorsese in 2021. I also planning something weird this time. I usually pick movies by surfing through social media and getting recommendations from friends. But this year, I am planning to read cinema related books and picking movies suggested in those books.

Finally, TV Series!

I have no clue on which one I want to watch. There are a lot of TV Series that I saved in Watch later in my TVTime App. I’ll just paste a Screenshot of it here. As I said before, movies and TV series were purely based on the mood that we have at a particular point of time.

So, more on that in the upcoming posts 😊

I’ll be using…

Letterbox for movies

Goodreads for books

Anilist for both Anime and Manga

And most importantly, I track Anime and TV series by using an app called TVTime (which I love the most) TVTime is more for a personal use then for using it as a social media.

This would probably be my last post of 2020.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps of st

முதல் முத்தம்

முதல் முத்தம்  சிறுகதை  நவீன் செல்வகுமார்   இன்று(சனி)..  தனது PULSAR150ஐ, அதிகமான கார்கள் மற்றும் சில ரேஸ் பைக்குகள் நிறுத்தப்பட்டிருந்த பார்க்கிங்கில் ஒருவழியாக கிடைத்த சிறு இடத்தில நிறுத்தினான். அன்பு தன்னுடன் அலுவலுகத்தில் பணிபுரியும் அமித்தின் ‘BACHELOR PARTY’க்கு வந்திருந்தான்.இரவு எட்டு மணிக்கு வரவேண்டிய அமித்தின் 'BEACHHOUSE'க்கு 8.20க்கு வந்தடைந்தான். அமித்தின் BEACHHOUSEஐ சில வினாடிகள் ஏக்கமாய் பார்த்துவிட்டு வீட்டினுள்ளே நுழைந்தான்.செல்வராகவன் திரைப்படங்களில் வருவதுபோல் சிவப்பு பச்சை மஞ்சள் என வண்ண விளக்குகள் மின்ன ஆங்கில ராக் பாடல்களுடன் வெளியில் இருந்து பார்த்த அமைதிக்கு நேர் மாறாக அந்த அறை இருந்தது.அறை முழுவதும் மது வாசம் வீசியது. குறைந்த ஆடைகளுடன் பெண்களும் ஆண்களும் மதுகுவளைகளை கையில் ஏந்தியபடி ஆடிக்கொண்டிருந்தார்கள்.சிலர் தெய்வநிலை அடைந்த நிம்மதியில் சோபாவிழும் தரையிலும் கிடந்தார்கள்.அமித் அன்புவை வரவேற்று மது பாட்டிலை குடுத்து உபசரித்தான்.அன்பு அதை மறுத்துவிட்டு ஒரு மூலையில் போய் அமர்ந்தான்.அன்புவிற்கு மது பிடிக்காது.மது போதைக்காக இங்கு அவன் வரவில்லை, மாது போத

The Days of Being Wild (Last Days of IBM #5 - The End)

  The Days of Being Wild In the third semester of college, I had a fight with one of my roommates. I had lost my father in the second semester of college. It was a hard time for me and my family. The only thing that I had with me at that time were my friends. It may sound cringe, but the truth is, I needed to forget it all. I never wanted my friends to feel sympathy towards me. At that age, and especially in my 3rd semester, to avoid my gloom, I started acting weirdly. More like a cracked guy at times. By doing so, no one would feel sympathy towards me right? On the other hand, they would get irritated at me or would see me as funny and laugh with me right? - This was the kind of justification I told myself. Thinking about it now makes me laugh so hard and embarrassed. Ha! But why am I writing this now? There’s a reason for it. At the end of 3rd semester, one of my roommates took advantage of me. In that sense, he showed his superiority towards me. I don’t know why h