Skip to main content

Attention! Good Characters Needed! (Supernatural #5)

 https://img1.looper.com/img/gallery/the-ending-of-supernatural-explained/intro-1606312507.jpg

The Boys A.K.A. Sam and Dean Winchesters

I could watch any episodes with Sam and Dean on it. This kind of watching brought me back to my childhood days. I would watch cartoons because of characters. Be it Courage the Cowardly Dog or Scooby Doo or Popeye or any fucking cartoon I’ve watched in my childhood days.

https://fastly.syfy.com/sites/syfy/files/styles/1200x680/public/2019/11/courage-the-cowardly-dog.jpg?offset-x=0https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1319340345814024192/ASTBTPPS.jpg

 https://i0.wp.com/nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2019/09/tv-scooby-doo-2b.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&ssl=1 

Sometimes, I would never understand any episodes but watching those characters made me happy and I would binge it anytime I watch.

Such characters were the Winchester Boys. 

Supernatural Dean GIF - Supernatural Dean Sam GIFs

As I was watching Supernatural, I started liking the fillers episode more than the canon episodes. And it was because of Sam Winchester and Dean Winchester.

Sam and Dean are brothers. When Sam was a baby, a monster kills his mother, Mary Winchester. John Winchester – Father of Sam and Dean, rescues both his sons and becomes a hunter – a person who hunts monsters to find out the monster who killed his wife and get his revenge. This show starts when John goes missing and Dan asks Sam’s help to find his Dad.

Their journey starts there (on September 13, 2005) and it’s going to come to an end on November 19, 2020.

Sam is the younger brother. He didn’t like the life of a hunter. Before the start of this series, Sam had a huge fight with his dad and leaves both his brother Dean and his dad to live his own life. Sam is enjoying his life with Rebecca, his girlfriend, when Dean comes and asks his help to find their Dad. Sam agrees to help in for only one case and after the case, Sam finds Rebecca dead the same way his mother got killed 23 years ago. To add salt to his wounds, it was the same monster who killed his mother that had killed his girlfriend now. That did it.

Sam was the brightest of Winchesters. After leaving from the hunter life, he studies hard and graduated from a law college. He was also the kindest of Winchesters. 



Dan was the ultra-opposite of Sam’s temperament. He loves his car Impala and nothing else. He’s a womaniser and a short-tempered mother fucker. And he is my third most favourite character of this series.



Apart from their differences in personality, they had one thing in common.

I am not going to say the brotherly bond they share between themselves. Because I have a brother and if I see anything near that touch bromance, I would cringe and die. Initially it seemed like they care for each other but when I got to season 5 and more, I started realising that these were acts of selfishness. The love Sam and Dean shared between themselves was not in a gay-ish way or in a brotherly love way.

It’s the bond we share with our best friends. The unconditional hate and love. Okay I am going to stop it right there before it goes cringe-y.

 

Okay! Ahem! The one thing they had in common is that they were human. (I MEAN THEY REMAINED HUMAN)

With a story like this, I thought these guys would become powered like shit. Or their humanity would go away like how Walter White turned into Heisenberg in the Breaking Bad. Not that I dislike that kind of story but, I thought I would never like a story with a mundane character development like Sam and Dean’s character development.

But that’s what makes Supernatural great. Sam would get his powers and Dean would turn into a demon. But they would always fight to get back their human self. 


It remained till date even when they faced god as their adversary.

Angels and Demons


The plot of Angels and Demons started to develop in its initial seasons. After the boys got their revenge, the story focuses on killing Lucifer.

First six seasons in Supernatural were the best as they explored the dark and white shades of both Sam and Dean to its core. I never thought Sam would go bad and it happened, and I never thought Dean to be likable, but it also happened.


 

The drama of this show developed with the boys (As I would call Sam and Dean) and their fellow hunters in the first six seasons. Even before I started liking the Angels and Demon stuff of this show, I liked the hunter storyline.

And the hunter I liked and became my second most favourite character of all time is Bobby Singer. 


 

Bobby was the helper of the boys and all the hunters in that world. Bobby became a friend of John Winchester to the father like figure of the boys. His home became the home of the boys and Bobby became their new father. Then the show introduces their fellow hunters like Ellen and Jo. 


Dean dies and goes to hell, Sam cages himself inside a cage with Lucifer and Michael and a lot of shit was happening. But the brothers never gave up and hunted and hunted and hunted.

The first six seasons were the Hunter Vs Lucifer’s army Saga. A lot new plot got introduced with King of Crossroads demon and Angel that helps human. Yes! I am talking about Crowley and Castiel.

Later Crowley became the Demon King of Hell and Castiel became the traitor of Angels and a best friend of the boys (Also my number 1 favourite character of Supernatural). But these were the seasons that explores the character of Castiel – The Angel and Crowley – The Demon. Their characters were the one that I hated and loved the most. Sometimes, I wished Castiel and Crowley should die. But I never cried on watching supernatural like I cried when these two guys died. 


 

But for that time being, they were budding characters. Lilith was the Demon king of Hell before Crowley and Castiel was being a traitor to the boys before he turned against his own race – the Angels.

The Queen of Hell was Lilith and she made Sam to release Lucifer and Michael from the cage. With the help of Bobby and their hunter friends, they trap Lucifer with Sam in it. Season 5 ends there and when I surfed the internet, I saw people saying that it was the end of a SAGA.

I also read a news article stating that the maker of Supernatural – Eric Kripke and his team planned to end the show after season 5. That’s why people say that Original story arc of Supernatural ends there.

But it’s not.

Its ends right after season 6 and the second story arc starts with Season 8. Season 7 felt like a reboot arc for me even though it had its moments.

Season 6 ends and Season 8 began with one mystery character under the robes.

It was THE GOD.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps of st

முதல் முத்தம்

முதல் முத்தம்  சிறுகதை  நவீன் செல்வகுமார்   இன்று(சனி)..  தனது PULSAR150ஐ, அதிகமான கார்கள் மற்றும் சில ரேஸ் பைக்குகள் நிறுத்தப்பட்டிருந்த பார்க்கிங்கில் ஒருவழியாக கிடைத்த சிறு இடத்தில நிறுத்தினான். அன்பு தன்னுடன் அலுவலுகத்தில் பணிபுரியும் அமித்தின் ‘BACHELOR PARTY’க்கு வந்திருந்தான்.இரவு எட்டு மணிக்கு வரவேண்டிய அமித்தின் 'BEACHHOUSE'க்கு 8.20க்கு வந்தடைந்தான். அமித்தின் BEACHHOUSEஐ சில வினாடிகள் ஏக்கமாய் பார்த்துவிட்டு வீட்டினுள்ளே நுழைந்தான்.செல்வராகவன் திரைப்படங்களில் வருவதுபோல் சிவப்பு பச்சை மஞ்சள் என வண்ண விளக்குகள் மின்ன ஆங்கில ராக் பாடல்களுடன் வெளியில் இருந்து பார்த்த அமைதிக்கு நேர் மாறாக அந்த அறை இருந்தது.அறை முழுவதும் மது வாசம் வீசியது. குறைந்த ஆடைகளுடன் பெண்களும் ஆண்களும் மதுகுவளைகளை கையில் ஏந்தியபடி ஆடிக்கொண்டிருந்தார்கள்.சிலர் தெய்வநிலை அடைந்த நிம்மதியில் சோபாவிழும் தரையிலும் கிடந்தார்கள்.அமித் அன்புவை வரவேற்று மது பாட்டிலை குடுத்து உபசரித்தான்.அன்பு அதை மறுத்துவிட்டு ஒரு மூலையில் போய் அமர்ந்தான்.அன்புவிற்கு மது பிடிக்காது.மது போதைக்காக இங்கு அவன் வரவில்லை, மாது போத

The Days of Being Wild (Last Days of IBM #5 - The End)

  The Days of Being Wild In the third semester of college, I had a fight with one of my roommates. I had lost my father in the second semester of college. It was a hard time for me and my family. The only thing that I had with me at that time were my friends. It may sound cringe, but the truth is, I needed to forget it all. I never wanted my friends to feel sympathy towards me. At that age, and especially in my 3rd semester, to avoid my gloom, I started acting weirdly. More like a cracked guy at times. By doing so, no one would feel sympathy towards me right? On the other hand, they would get irritated at me or would see me as funny and laugh with me right? - This was the kind of justification I told myself. Thinking about it now makes me laugh so hard and embarrassed. Ha! But why am I writing this now? There’s a reason for it. At the end of 3rd semester, one of my roommates took advantage of me. In that sense, he showed his superiority towards me. I don’t know why h