Skip to main content

Attention! Good Characters Needed! (Supernatural #5)

 https://img1.looper.com/img/gallery/the-ending-of-supernatural-explained/intro-1606312507.jpg

The Boys A.K.A. Sam and Dean Winchesters

I could watch any episodes with Sam and Dean on it. This kind of watching brought me back to my childhood days. I would watch cartoons because of characters. Be it Courage the Cowardly Dog or Scooby Doo or Popeye or any fucking cartoon I’ve watched in my childhood days.

https://fastly.syfy.com/sites/syfy/files/styles/1200x680/public/2019/11/courage-the-cowardly-dog.jpg?offset-x=0https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1319340345814024192/ASTBTPPS.jpg

 https://i0.wp.com/nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2019/09/tv-scooby-doo-2b.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&ssl=1 

Sometimes, I would never understand any episodes but watching those characters made me happy and I would binge it anytime I watch.

Such characters were the Winchester Boys. 

Supernatural Dean GIF - Supernatural Dean Sam GIFs

As I was watching Supernatural, I started liking the fillers episode more than the canon episodes. And it was because of Sam Winchester and Dean Winchester.

Sam and Dean are brothers. When Sam was a baby, a monster kills his mother, Mary Winchester. John Winchester – Father of Sam and Dean, rescues both his sons and becomes a hunter – a person who hunts monsters to find out the monster who killed his wife and get his revenge. This show starts when John goes missing and Dan asks Sam’s help to find his Dad.

Their journey starts there (on September 13, 2005) and it’s going to come to an end on November 19, 2020.

Sam is the younger brother. He didn’t like the life of a hunter. Before the start of this series, Sam had a huge fight with his dad and leaves both his brother Dean and his dad to live his own life. Sam is enjoying his life with Rebecca, his girlfriend, when Dean comes and asks his help to find their Dad. Sam agrees to help in for only one case and after the case, Sam finds Rebecca dead the same way his mother got killed 23 years ago. To add salt to his wounds, it was the same monster who killed his mother that had killed his girlfriend now. That did it.

Sam was the brightest of Winchesters. After leaving from the hunter life, he studies hard and graduated from a law college. He was also the kindest of Winchesters. 



Dan was the ultra-opposite of Sam’s temperament. He loves his car Impala and nothing else. He’s a womaniser and a short-tempered mother fucker. And he is my third most favourite character of this series.



Apart from their differences in personality, they had one thing in common.

I am not going to say the brotherly bond they share between themselves. Because I have a brother and if I see anything near that touch bromance, I would cringe and die. Initially it seemed like they care for each other but when I got to season 5 and more, I started realising that these were acts of selfishness. The love Sam and Dean shared between themselves was not in a gay-ish way or in a brotherly love way.

It’s the bond we share with our best friends. The unconditional hate and love. Okay I am going to stop it right there before it goes cringe-y.

 

Okay! Ahem! The one thing they had in common is that they were human. (I MEAN THEY REMAINED HUMAN)

With a story like this, I thought these guys would become powered like shit. Or their humanity would go away like how Walter White turned into Heisenberg in the Breaking Bad. Not that I dislike that kind of story but, I thought I would never like a story with a mundane character development like Sam and Dean’s character development.

But that’s what makes Supernatural great. Sam would get his powers and Dean would turn into a demon. But they would always fight to get back their human self. 


It remained till date even when they faced god as their adversary.

Angels and Demons


The plot of Angels and Demons started to develop in its initial seasons. After the boys got their revenge, the story focuses on killing Lucifer.

First six seasons in Supernatural were the best as they explored the dark and white shades of both Sam and Dean to its core. I never thought Sam would go bad and it happened, and I never thought Dean to be likable, but it also happened.


 

The drama of this show developed with the boys (As I would call Sam and Dean) and their fellow hunters in the first six seasons. Even before I started liking the Angels and Demon stuff of this show, I liked the hunter storyline.

And the hunter I liked and became my second most favourite character of all time is Bobby Singer. 


 

Bobby was the helper of the boys and all the hunters in that world. Bobby became a friend of John Winchester to the father like figure of the boys. His home became the home of the boys and Bobby became their new father. Then the show introduces their fellow hunters like Ellen and Jo. 


Dean dies and goes to hell, Sam cages himself inside a cage with Lucifer and Michael and a lot of shit was happening. But the brothers never gave up and hunted and hunted and hunted.

The first six seasons were the Hunter Vs Lucifer’s army Saga. A lot new plot got introduced with King of Crossroads demon and Angel that helps human. Yes! I am talking about Crowley and Castiel.

Later Crowley became the Demon King of Hell and Castiel became the traitor of Angels and a best friend of the boys (Also my number 1 favourite character of Supernatural). But these were the seasons that explores the character of Castiel – The Angel and Crowley – The Demon. Their characters were the one that I hated and loved the most. Sometimes, I wished Castiel and Crowley should die. But I never cried on watching supernatural like I cried when these two guys died. 


 

But for that time being, they were budding characters. Lilith was the Demon king of Hell before Crowley and Castiel was being a traitor to the boys before he turned against his own race – the Angels.

The Queen of Hell was Lilith and she made Sam to release Lucifer and Michael from the cage. With the help of Bobby and their hunter friends, they trap Lucifer with Sam in it. Season 5 ends there and when I surfed the internet, I saw people saying that it was the end of a SAGA.

I also read a news article stating that the maker of Supernatural – Eric Kripke and his team planned to end the show after season 5. That’s why people say that Original story arc of Supernatural ends there.

But it’s not.

Its ends right after season 6 and the second story arc starts with Season 8. Season 7 felt like a reboot arc for me even though it had its moments.

Season 6 ends and Season 8 began with one mystery character under the robes.

It was THE GOD.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25TH POST!!!! Beyond the Clouds (EOI #7)

Beyond the Clouds I couldn’t able to sleep that night. I ended up dozing off at around 3 AM. It was my mallu friend who woke me up. I don’t know why (actually, the question to be asked is IDK how), I developed a habit of not waking up to my alarm. I have tried changing all the tunes, but the sound of my phone’s alarm never reaches my ear. I woke up, I didn’t change anything. I have planned for this day in a perfect manner. All I did was - had a warm bath, drank a hot strong coffee with a samosa for breakfast. Packed my bags, left my keys in the PG and for one last time, with a heavy-hearted sigh, I left my PG for good. The Cab was waiting for me and within an hour, I reached the airport. I have never been to an airport before, but Bangalore airport was a massive one. I had no clue what to do there. The first thing I did was, I took my printed copy of boarding pass. After a long queue for checking the body temperature and my AADHAR card, I entered inside the airport.   ...

Dravidian Otaku's First Year Anniversary

  It’s been a year since I started writing my blog! February 1, 2020 I had completed reading the first book of Twilight book series. I had my Netflix subscription back then and watched a lot of movies and series in the month of January 2020. Since it’s the beginning of a new year, I wanted to record all the movies and series I would be watching. So, I created an excel sheet to record it. Then suddenly, I lost interest in recording it. This happens always to me. I would never stick to something for a long time ever before. But then I started reading Twilight and it did something to me. Watching a 2 hours movie is one thing but, reading a book for a week is another thing. It would transport you to a world you’d never experienced before. This may feel like exaggerating but, trust me, you have to feel it to know it. I wanted to say something about it. So, I created to a blog to review the movies or series I have watched and books that I would read. Initially I had help from B...

Boy-Girl Group makes me sick!

Boy-Girl Group makes me sick! Talking to girls is one thing but grouping with girls is another thing. I hate grouping with girls. I have experienced a lot before and whenever this happens – Its cringey – EVERYTIME!!! I even tried to be a part of this boys’ and girls’ gang. The first time was in the second semester of our college. It was a group of boys’ and girls’ where the boys protect the girls.  They are the FIREWALLS and I was a FIREWALL on those days. But being a firewall means you must call the girls in that gang as sisters. I can’t call a girl sister when I am dreaming wet dreams about her.  Ahnn??!?!?!?!  Well I am not sure if that’s a bad behavior or a good behavior. Is it misogynistic? Or is it being human? But I am sure it’s ME! Its how I am inside. It’ll never go away. I’ll never call a girl of my age as sister. Basically, I am a horny guy and I came to the realization that it’s not my kind of place. So, I resigned myself from the FIREWALL.   **E...