Skip to main content

Its Supernatural Time! (Supernatural #4)

 https://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/30700000/Supernatural-Poster-supernatural-30766896-650-900.png

Its Supernatural Time!

September 5, 2020

Evening 5:00 PM

It was a beautiful Saturday evening.

And it was raining that day which made it look like a night-time. The clouds were dark, and the air was cool. My mom prepared me Samosa and Coconut Chutney that evening with a hot cup of Horlicks.

I was inside my blanket and eating the samosa; blowing the steam coming out of it.

Its been nearly 2 months I’ve been staying in my home (since I came from Bangalore). In these two months, I’ve finished watching Fairy Tail and almost completed reading the Dan Brown Bibliography. (Digital Fortress is the remaining Dan’s book) I was wishing to stay in my home for the rest of 2020. But my company never announced it officially and then suddenly, it had happened at the end of August.

IBM had announced its employees to work from Home till 31st of December 2020.

I was happy when they announced it. I have been downloading the episodes of Supernatural in an app called Telegram by each episode. Since I am in my home, there was a limit in using internet. I had only 2GB/day to use at my disposal. So, for the past 2 months, I have been downloading the episodes of Supernatural and I had successfully downloaded nearly 7 seasons of Supernatural. There were another 7 seasons to download.

I thought I could download it on the go and decided it was the right time to watch Supernatural. And it was not the merry journey I hoped it would. After watching the first 10 episodes of Supernatural on that blissful Saturday night, I decided to drop the series. 

Nope Ron Swanson GIF - Nope RonSwanson NotInterested GIFs

Fuck it, I am on for the ride!

September 6, 2020

Sunday!

After I decided to stop watching Supernatural, I started surfing internet for watching some other shows to binge. I prepared a list and at the end of my surfing, I don’t know why I thought it, I deleted the list and played the 11th Episode of Supernatural.

I still remember it was the Death Reaper episode. Since I love anything with Death Reaper on it *Bleach Kanni Screams*, it hooked me up and I started binging Supernatural. Later one of the main guys starts having psychic powers and, I decided to at least finish watching the first season of Supernatural.

After that I can drop it.

But it was too late to decide against it. The finale of Season 1 was literally the end of the quest of our two main protagonists. So, I thought what could possibly be there in this show hereafter and then suddenly, the last 10 minutes of the finale hit me like a bullet train and left with the curiosity to watch more. 

???? GIF - NickYoung QuestionMarks What GIFs

A new kind of show

I finished the season 1 of Supernatural on Sunday night at 11 PM. I didn’t want to sleep that night because I wanted more of Supernatural. But since I was in my home, that’s not going to happen and weirdly, after I came to my home, I would get dizzy before 12AM.

So, before I went to sleep that night, I started surfing on internet, not about any other TV show, but about Supernatural. I was carefully surfing about Supernatural without getting myself spoiled but to learn more about Supernatural whether I could watch this show further or not.

After a lot of surfing and the initial start of my dizziness, I went to sleep with 60% of satisfaction.

Yes, I could carry on with watching this show.

Satisfied - Satisfied GIF - Satisfied ThumbsUp Computer GIFs

I came to know that this is a kind of show where the story would not get progressed on each episode. I am the type of a guy who watches show which keeps me watching it. It should have a cliff-hanger each episode so that I can watch more of it.

But Supernatural was not that kind of a show. The story unfolds itself on the initial episodes of every season of Supernatural. (Detective Conan was one such series I dropped after watching 225 episodes because of this reason) Then it will have a lot of fillers with occasional fillers. After that, the last 5 episodes of Supernatural would get crazy, with a lot of twist and turns, and ends with a huge cliff-hanger.

Supernatural has a whooping 320 episodes with 40 minutes of playtime for each episode (except for the last one). While researching in internet whether I could watch it or not, I came across a lot of websites which offered a detailed account on the episodes of Supernatural which I could watch (that are canon) and which I could skip (that are fillers)

In one of those websites, I saw only 75 episodes out of 300 (up to Season 14) which shows the original storyline of Supernatural and all the others were JUST FILLERS!

 https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-723a281b4f3a95a347ad0d3eaab35a67.webp

JUST FILLERS

How can I watch 225 episodes of filler material?

I am an anime guy – A FUCKING OTAKU. I usually skip fillers in anime and only watch the manga material of the anime. I would watch the filler arcs after I caught up with the anime or after finishing it. And anime’s fillers were always (I MEAN ALWAYS) less than 25% of fillers. I even watched Bleach fillers which had forty fucking three-point four percentage of fillers (43.4%) 

https://img.memecdn.com/fillers-are-the-reposts-of-the-anime-world_o_1095960.jpg

Supernatural has 70% fillers that I must watch. That brought back to my initial question.

How can I watch 225 episodes of filler material?

Then I developed this insane plan of watching half of the Supernatural with fillers and watching the remaining half of it by skipping the fillers.

At the time when I started watching Supernatural, only *gulping water* 14 seasons of Supernatural were out (300 episodes). Season 15 was ongoing and the crew of Supernatural stopped shooting more episodes after Season 15 Episode 13 (S15E13 – Destiny’s Child) due to COVID.

So, I planned on dividing the 14 Seasons of Supernatural into two halves. I should watch the first 7 seasons of Supernatural without skipping a single episode. And I should watch the remaining 7 seasons by skipping the filler episodes. By this plan, I was trying to get caught up with Destiny’s Child before 8th of October 2020.

Because it was when Supernatural was scheduled for its return. Then I can watch the new episodes weekly and on the gap of release of new episodes, I could see the episodes that I had skipped for the last 7 seasons.

It was a perfect plan. At least that’s what I had thought initially.

That's The Master Plan! - Mulan GIF - Mulan Disney Mushu GIFs

It’s all about characters

With my almost perfect plan, I had one month to get caught up with the series. But I should know which were the filler episodes and which were not. That’s when I found this amazing article in a website called the Medium.

The episodes in Supernatural were divided into four categories. The Must Watch, Watch, Maybe Watch and Skip. I decided to watch only the MUST WATCH episodes for the last 7 seasons of Supernatural.

At with everything set, it began.

Why should I trouble myself to watch this series? If this series has 70% of fillers, can’t I just drop watching this show? I can always watch other shows that were in my watchlist. What’s so special about this show that stopped me from watching the other shows?

The answer is simple. The Characters.

As I told before, I am sucker for great characters…

WHEN IT COMES IN MOVIES…

As far as TV shows are concerned, I would watch it to kill my time. To get myself engaged in a thrilling plot. Because only in TV shows or anime, every episode would end with a cliff-hanger and it drives me to watch the series.

During my last years High School and College, I had dropped a lot of shows before like Californication, House of Cards, Westworld, The Sopranos and even the WIRE!!!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4a/83/eb/4a83ebbd8f6bbec1798969d6bd17f72f.jpghttps://i.pinimg.com/originals/07/f1/27/07f12737612f30376a2a47f10642ce39.jpg 

 https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTRmYzNmOTctZjMwOS00ODZlLWJiZGQtNDg5NDY5NjE3MTczXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_.jpg https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/612qRKpx5VL._AC_SY679_.jpg 

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/79/e2/dc/79e2dcb9a558a758a61f8635950c9a13.jpg

I know. Those were a lot of good shows, but it didn’t interest me or hook me. Also, I was a teenager back then and most of the above stuff I dropped because I didn’t understand them. I even dropped the shows which I started watching because of the erotic element in it like The L World, Masters of Sex and Orange is the new black.

https://img.reelgood.com/content/show/9525eb63-b239-4cea-8faa-4ce5ba157b5c/poster-780.jpg 

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91av6Dad8kL._RI_.jpg

So, the point in hand is, I never liked a tv series because of its characters. Only because of its plot. Even Dexter and Breaking Bad had a steady story line with great characters. If those two shows never had a story line (that got told on each fucking episode), I would’ve dropped those two shows too despite its fan-fucking-tastic characters.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-e7d1bbe57842e21db3a0c1dfd0fe842d.webp

And Supernatural was the only show that made me to watch its entirety solely because of its characters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps of st

முதல் முத்தம்

முதல் முத்தம்  சிறுகதை  நவீன் செல்வகுமார்   இன்று(சனி)..  தனது PULSAR150ஐ, அதிகமான கார்கள் மற்றும் சில ரேஸ் பைக்குகள் நிறுத்தப்பட்டிருந்த பார்க்கிங்கில் ஒருவழியாக கிடைத்த சிறு இடத்தில நிறுத்தினான். அன்பு தன்னுடன் அலுவலுகத்தில் பணிபுரியும் அமித்தின் ‘BACHELOR PARTY’க்கு வந்திருந்தான்.இரவு எட்டு மணிக்கு வரவேண்டிய அமித்தின் 'BEACHHOUSE'க்கு 8.20க்கு வந்தடைந்தான். அமித்தின் BEACHHOUSEஐ சில வினாடிகள் ஏக்கமாய் பார்த்துவிட்டு வீட்டினுள்ளே நுழைந்தான்.செல்வராகவன் திரைப்படங்களில் வருவதுபோல் சிவப்பு பச்சை மஞ்சள் என வண்ண விளக்குகள் மின்ன ஆங்கில ராக் பாடல்களுடன் வெளியில் இருந்து பார்த்த அமைதிக்கு நேர் மாறாக அந்த அறை இருந்தது.அறை முழுவதும் மது வாசம் வீசியது. குறைந்த ஆடைகளுடன் பெண்களும் ஆண்களும் மதுகுவளைகளை கையில் ஏந்தியபடி ஆடிக்கொண்டிருந்தார்கள்.சிலர் தெய்வநிலை அடைந்த நிம்மதியில் சோபாவிழும் தரையிலும் கிடந்தார்கள்.அமித் அன்புவை வரவேற்று மது பாட்டிலை குடுத்து உபசரித்தான்.அன்பு அதை மறுத்துவிட்டு ஒரு மூலையில் போய் அமர்ந்தான்.அன்புவிற்கு மது பிடிக்காது.மது போதைக்காக இங்கு அவன் வரவில்லை, மாது போத

The Days of Being Wild (Last Days of IBM #5 - The End)

  The Days of Being Wild In the third semester of college, I had a fight with one of my roommates. I had lost my father in the second semester of college. It was a hard time for me and my family. The only thing that I had with me at that time were my friends. It may sound cringe, but the truth is, I needed to forget it all. I never wanted my friends to feel sympathy towards me. At that age, and especially in my 3rd semester, to avoid my gloom, I started acting weirdly. More like a cracked guy at times. By doing so, no one would feel sympathy towards me right? On the other hand, they would get irritated at me or would see me as funny and laugh with me right? - This was the kind of justification I told myself. Thinking about it now makes me laugh so hard and embarrassed. Ha! But why am I writing this now? There’s a reason for it. At the end of 3rd semester, one of my roommates took advantage of me. In that sense, he showed his superiority towards me. I don’t know why h