Skip to main content

First Phase : The Big Three(or) The Animes that made me an Otaku (Being Otaku #3)


DEATH REAPERS, NINJAS AND PIRATES

Ziggy TV was amazing. But not amazing enough. It only had the episodes of first season of bleach. I was stuck again. I needed more of bleach.

That is when I discovered a website called watchbleachonline.com

Followed by the discovery of IDM software, I had a hectic schedule of downloading single episodes one by one and binge watching it one by one.

I embraced torrent again after learning the concept of torrents. It was simple to understand, and I had to select the right magnet with a lot of seeders. This trick was very useful and thereafter I started using IDM for downloading large single files and uTorrent for massive series downloads.

uTorrent was very much handy when I downloaded One piece.

My holidays came to an end with Bleach. I loved all the seasons even the fillers. The Aizen Battle had somewhat resembled me with the Hyperbolic Time chamber in DBZ. But when I think about it, all the mainstream Shonen series had influenced from Dragon Ball Series.

I even loved Aizen battle and the Fullbringers saga. I couldn’t bring myself to hate bleach even though the last arc of Bleach anime was a shit. Also, I was not aware of manga at that time and thus I thought Bleach story ended after Fullbringers.

 Me entering my 11th grade and finishing my Bleach series occurred exactly at the same time.

I hated going to my high school. Also, I noticed my weight was being increasing day by day. I started to do jogging in the morning time with my friend Subash. He was the guy who enlightened me for watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S. That was not his first of enlightenment's.

During one of our jogging sessions, he was asking me about Naruto. I was awestruck when he asked that to me. One of the joyful moments in the life of an otaku is finding your fellow otaku and sharing you interest with them.

But all I remembered was my failed attempts to download Naruto. My memories of me watching Naruto in Cartoon Network were scarce because of Thirumathi Selvam.

Subash didn’t had that problem in his home. He watched it, liked it and started bragging about it to me. He was also a great fan of Fairy Tail. But I can’t able to get myself watching that anime.

I tried watching like the first five episodes of it but except the big boobs, the anime hadn’t held my interest.

Back to Naruto,

So, Subash enlightened me to watch Naruto. I thought about it.

By then, I knew how to download torrents without picking the broken magnet links.

Successfully, I downloaded the first season of Naruto.


That was when I had an idea to watch Naruto with my brother. After DBGT, watching Bleach solo was fun but it was all within me. I didn’t have anyone to share about the anime. I asked my brother and he said okay!

Otaku Duo re-entered the scene with a drum roll. I was a huge Introvert in my school days. This fact made me empathise with Naruto quickly. The world of Naruto was very different from us, but I can able to empathise with the characters in Naruto. Naruto became my friend, my guilty pleasure and my mentor.

I consider Naruto as a philosophical drama. No one can call Naruto a cartoon. Calling it as cartoon was a shame. Suddenly, it hit me hard. Cartoon were way different from Anime.

I cried a lot watching Jiraya Die. Even when I am typing this blog, I feel wetness in my eyes.

Naruto and Naruto Shippuden The Hurricane Chronicles taught me a lot and it made me the person who I am now.

Finally, I caught up with Naruto. After finishing 220 episodes of Naruto, Naruto Shippuden was an easy binge. We both could not able to stop ourselves from binge watching Naruto Shippuden and it was over within 2 weeks, I guess.

Then a strange thing happened, Naruto Shippuden was an ongoing series at that time and the only thing remained was the Final War. I was surfing the internet and there were a lot of spoilers.

I was thinking How they were getting these infos. That is when I got introduced to manga.

To know more about Naruto, I started reading manga. My brother was not a fan of reading books. But I had my gig with books, and I am also a proud Bibliophile. I started reading manga, but I did not want to read it. I decided to stop reading the manga and watch the anime instead.

Since new episodes of Naruto were releasing every week, me and my brother planned to watch other animes and decided to catch up Naruto every month. Watching single episode didn’t satisfy us.

Otaku duo lasted a year till I found reading manga interesting. That was the start of my second phase of being an Otaku. But before I reach there, our Otaku Duo covered all kind of animes.

I was fascinated to watch Detective conan and my brother liked Yu Yu Hakusho. We both completed the series and moved to Katekyo Hitman Reborn.

I can’t able to cover all the anime the Otaku Duo watched but the last two animes we watched on that time were so memorable.

They were Bakuman and Hunter x Hunter. Our streak lasted long and good. We sometimes catch up animes here and there.

(Officially our Duo ended by watching One Punch Man. After that my college started and went to stay in hostel. But that was way later. Me going to the hostel was the end of my second phase.)

After that we got separated and he started watching sports anime like Kuroko no basuke and hajime no ippo. He even tried reading manga.

My second phase began with One piece and Yu Yu hakusho manga.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps of st

முதல் முத்தம்

முதல் முத்தம்  சிறுகதை  நவீன் செல்வகுமார்   இன்று(சனி)..  தனது PULSAR150ஐ, அதிகமான கார்கள் மற்றும் சில ரேஸ் பைக்குகள் நிறுத்தப்பட்டிருந்த பார்க்கிங்கில் ஒருவழியாக கிடைத்த சிறு இடத்தில நிறுத்தினான். அன்பு தன்னுடன் அலுவலுகத்தில் பணிபுரியும் அமித்தின் ‘BACHELOR PARTY’க்கு வந்திருந்தான்.இரவு எட்டு மணிக்கு வரவேண்டிய அமித்தின் 'BEACHHOUSE'க்கு 8.20க்கு வந்தடைந்தான். அமித்தின் BEACHHOUSEஐ சில வினாடிகள் ஏக்கமாய் பார்த்துவிட்டு வீட்டினுள்ளே நுழைந்தான்.செல்வராகவன் திரைப்படங்களில் வருவதுபோல் சிவப்பு பச்சை மஞ்சள் என வண்ண விளக்குகள் மின்ன ஆங்கில ராக் பாடல்களுடன் வெளியில் இருந்து பார்த்த அமைதிக்கு நேர் மாறாக அந்த அறை இருந்தது.அறை முழுவதும் மது வாசம் வீசியது. குறைந்த ஆடைகளுடன் பெண்களும் ஆண்களும் மதுகுவளைகளை கையில் ஏந்தியபடி ஆடிக்கொண்டிருந்தார்கள்.சிலர் தெய்வநிலை அடைந்த நிம்மதியில் சோபாவிழும் தரையிலும் கிடந்தார்கள்.அமித் அன்புவை வரவேற்று மது பாட்டிலை குடுத்து உபசரித்தான்.அன்பு அதை மறுத்துவிட்டு ஒரு மூலையில் போய் அமர்ந்தான்.அன்புவிற்கு மது பிடிக்காது.மது போதைக்காக இங்கு அவன் வரவில்லை, மாது போத

The Days of Being Wild (Last Days of IBM #5 - The End)

  The Days of Being Wild In the third semester of college, I had a fight with one of my roommates. I had lost my father in the second semester of college. It was a hard time for me and my family. The only thing that I had with me at that time were my friends. It may sound cringe, but the truth is, I needed to forget it all. I never wanted my friends to feel sympathy towards me. At that age, and especially in my 3rd semester, to avoid my gloom, I started acting weirdly. More like a cracked guy at times. By doing so, no one would feel sympathy towards me right? On the other hand, they would get irritated at me or would see me as funny and laugh with me right? - This was the kind of justification I told myself. Thinking about it now makes me laugh so hard and embarrassed. Ha! But why am I writing this now? There’s a reason for it. At the end of 3rd semester, one of my roommates took advantage of me. In that sense, he showed his superiority towards me. I don’t know why h