Skip to main content

AWOL (The Red #2)


 

“What the Hell, Ed”

“Hey Babe! You look good”

“Aff! Don’t call me Babe. And you look terrible! Wipe that cocaine off your mouth”

“You got me Babe.” – She liked when I call her babe. Rolling her eyes, she helped herself inside my apartment. She knows all about my apartment. It was not long back my apartment was called our apartment.

“This has to be something good, Ed. I never wanted to see you again. And I am tired reading all your drafts for all year.” – She never looked at me since she entered my apartment. She thinks that she is the reason for my lack of talent. She sat down on the sofa.

“Babe. I know you feel guilty because you were the one who broke up with me. But it’s not your fault, Babe” – I can feel that it triggered something inside her. She suddenly looked at me, eyes blazing.

“I feel guilty? Or I should be feeling guilty?”

Shit! She took it in the wrong way. Before I can open the mouth, she started shouting.

“It has been one year since we broke up. And our relationship has been professional ever since” – She stood up and pointed her finger towards me – “You promised me it would be professional between us.” – poking her middle finger on my chest.

She’s right. She was going to resign from my editorial department. What was I supposed to do? I just wanted to make up to her for my mistakes. I cannot do that if she’s not around me. And why was she furious. Couldn’t she think that I am in love with her and that I would never blame her for anything.

“Babe, I …”

“Don’t you fucking call me that”

“Okay. Listen Helena. I never meant to blame you or anything. And We never broke up! You broke up. You broke Us. I never stopped loving you. You stopped loving me. And I don’t blame you for that too.” – I can sense her breath. She is cooling off. Taking that as my queue, I continued.

“Helena. Babe. I want you to know that I haven’t been myself lately. And I am sorry if I hurt you in any way.” – Thank god! She’s relaxing. She sat on the sofa. I sat near her. I looked her and she looked me back, “You can kiss me now…” I grinned mockingly.

She gave an angry look.But she looked sexy to me.After a moment of that look she said "You suck at romance, You know that right?".She look irritated.Before she gets more irritated, I need to do something. I showed the whiskey bottle on the table and asked her "One small?" She nodded her head without much expression.

She laughed back and softly punched me on my chest. She brushed her thighs and looked the Whiskey on the table.

“Help Yourself” – I told her.

I leaned in front of me and poured a pint of the Whiskey. She’s wearing my favourite perfume today. God, she smelled heavenly. She sipped the glass and looked at me.

“So!”

“So!” – I mocked back.

She stiffened. She didn’t like my mockery, I guess.

“What’s the news?” – She asked nonchalantly, taking another sip of the whiskey.

Here comes nothing, “Babe. I finally got it” – She raised her eyebrows in confusion.

“Got What? Done writing your supposedly good draft?”

I tilted my head and with an exciting grin, “I finally got why I have been lacking my Edmond genre for all these days.”

“…” – She made her face like she wanted more than that info.

I always like when she acts like a professional. I sighed and said, “Do you remember when you read my draft of Being Alone?”

She nodded her head without saying anything. Of course, she remembers that. She was the one that edited that novel on its initial stages. I almost gave up on that novel. That’s when I asked her to move in my apartment. We worked on that novel day and night. That’s when I forgot the presence of her and indulged myself in that novel. It was around my fifth draft of that novel, I started involving in it too much that I literally forgot Helena’s name. But she never got furious with me. We even stopped making love with each other. And when I finished the fifth draft, I realised that I have been writing the novel for 78 days straight except for sleeping, eating and recessing.

I gave her the fifth draft of Being Alone. And for another 11 days, I was waiting for her to finish editing my novel. She was always quick on her work. Exactly on the 12th day, she finished editing the draft. She looked at me and smiled. I knew it would be the final draft.

“Well. How was it? Do I need to write another draft?”

She neared me and answered me with a kiss. I didn’t expect that. After a minute-long kiss, she looked at me. I stared her back. Something inside my stomach started hardening. I lifter her up. All I could hear was her sexy laugh. That did it.

We both made love. It was a rough one. 50 days of hunger was getting satisfied for both of us.

I sensed a hard on rising thinking about the past. I wanted to kiss her right then. I looked at her lips and my stare went down to her jaw. When my stare went further down,

“I know about the novel and I know how it topped the charts when it got released. It was your third best book that sold over 50 million copies all over the world. What about it?” – She shifted uncomfortably on the sofa.

I still had my hard on, but it was not the time. Not yet!

I smiled, “Babe. When I… When we finished the final draft of that novel, I realised something. Something that made that novel a huge hit.”

“…”

“Remember this. When I was writing the novel, I involved writing in that novel so much that I forgot your name.”

“…”

“Well. I need that kind of involvement now.”

Helen’s face was starting to get furious. I know the tough part is coming. She won’t like it. But I must tell her. Before she could open her mouth, I urged.

“I am going to go AWOL for the next 6 months. So, please don’t try to find me.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps of st

முதல் முத்தம்

முதல் முத்தம்  சிறுகதை  நவீன் செல்வகுமார்   இன்று(சனி)..  தனது PULSAR150ஐ, அதிகமான கார்கள் மற்றும் சில ரேஸ் பைக்குகள் நிறுத்தப்பட்டிருந்த பார்க்கிங்கில் ஒருவழியாக கிடைத்த சிறு இடத்தில நிறுத்தினான். அன்பு தன்னுடன் அலுவலுகத்தில் பணிபுரியும் அமித்தின் ‘BACHELOR PARTY’க்கு வந்திருந்தான்.இரவு எட்டு மணிக்கு வரவேண்டிய அமித்தின் 'BEACHHOUSE'க்கு 8.20க்கு வந்தடைந்தான். அமித்தின் BEACHHOUSEஐ சில வினாடிகள் ஏக்கமாய் பார்த்துவிட்டு வீட்டினுள்ளே நுழைந்தான்.செல்வராகவன் திரைப்படங்களில் வருவதுபோல் சிவப்பு பச்சை மஞ்சள் என வண்ண விளக்குகள் மின்ன ஆங்கில ராக் பாடல்களுடன் வெளியில் இருந்து பார்த்த அமைதிக்கு நேர் மாறாக அந்த அறை இருந்தது.அறை முழுவதும் மது வாசம் வீசியது. குறைந்த ஆடைகளுடன் பெண்களும் ஆண்களும் மதுகுவளைகளை கையில் ஏந்தியபடி ஆடிக்கொண்டிருந்தார்கள்.சிலர் தெய்வநிலை அடைந்த நிம்மதியில் சோபாவிழும் தரையிலும் கிடந்தார்கள்.அமித் அன்புவை வரவேற்று மது பாட்டிலை குடுத்து உபசரித்தான்.அன்பு அதை மறுத்துவிட்டு ஒரு மூலையில் போய் அமர்ந்தான்.அன்புவிற்கு மது பிடிக்காது.மது போதைக்காக இங்கு அவன் வரவில்லை, மாது போத

The Days of Being Wild (Last Days of IBM #5 - The End)

  The Days of Being Wild In the third semester of college, I had a fight with one of my roommates. I had lost my father in the second semester of college. It was a hard time for me and my family. The only thing that I had with me at that time were my friends. It may sound cringe, but the truth is, I needed to forget it all. I never wanted my friends to feel sympathy towards me. At that age, and especially in my 3rd semester, to avoid my gloom, I started acting weirdly. More like a cracked guy at times. By doing so, no one would feel sympathy towards me right? On the other hand, they would get irritated at me or would see me as funny and laugh with me right? - This was the kind of justification I told myself. Thinking about it now makes me laugh so hard and embarrassed. Ha! But why am I writing this now? There’s a reason for it. At the end of 3rd semester, one of my roommates took advantage of me. In that sense, he showed his superiority towards me. I don’t know why h