Skip to main content

Oh Helen (The Red #1)

 


“This is Shit, Ed. This is Shit!!”

“…”

“Yaa! Just keep looking at it. This is the 17th time you are looking at this piece of crap like this.”

“…”

“Ahhff! I can’t do this anymore.”

That was the last time Helen spoke to me. Its been 25 days and 13 hours. Helen is, Ahem, was my editor and

My girlfriend. That was also a ‘was’

She broke up with me when I proposed her. It has been one year since I asked her to marry me, since she broke up with me, since I started writing shit. I was never angry on her. I didn’t take our breakup personally too. In fact, I was trying hard to rebuild our relationship. I was trying hard to write so that I can impress her. I know she fell in love with me because of my work. She was a fan of my works. When I came to know that she was aspiring to be an editor, it was I who offered her a job on one of my editorial departments. I was the fucking king and she was supposed to be my queen. And I loved her so much. Loved making love to her.

Oh Helen.

I was going to meet her today. These last 25 days, I haven’t written even a single word. I was thinking. Thinking a lot on what had gone wrong. Thinking a lot on why my last 17 drafts were shit. Even my 15th draft, which I consider the best, was called ‘A Mediocre One’ by Helen. When Helen says it’s Shit, then there’s no question to it. Somewhere on the way, I even thought of try checking my draft with another editor. But I know better than questioning Helen’s talent. That bitch! I should have never offered her a job in the first place. But I never questioned my talent too. For nearly a month, I was thinking about my novel, The Red. Why it lacked my genre – as Helen would quote “I don’t qualify this draft as Edmond genre” – she would say teasingly.

Oh Helen.

The love she had in me was endless. Unfathomable. Mugen. I never loved her the way she loved me. Her love always showered me with breeze. Hit me like a rock. I should’ve loved her back like the way she loved me. I should’ve loved her more than she loved me. That was the problem. I didn’t love enough. And finally, I understood why I have been lacking the infamous Edmond Genre in my drafts.

Yes! I didn’t love both Helen and my novel more enough.

Ding Dong

The alarm bell of my apartment startled me as the nicotine start hitting my brain. I was smoking more than I used too. I never smoked when Helen was around. She hated the smell of tobacco.

“Oh Shit.” – I forgot that I had called Helen to meet me today. And she came. She is here right now waiting for me to open the door. – “Oh Shhhhhhiiitt!!”

I lifted my drowsing body from the sofa. The first thing my eye spotted was the Ash Tray. The second thing I spotted was the cocaine powder in the table near my credit card. I took the ash tray on my left hand. Using my credit card, I gently brushed the cocaine towards the end of my newly bought glass table. As soon as the powder hit the surface of my Ash Tray, I searched for the garbage cover.

The bell started ringing.

“Yeah Coming!” – I shouted. A fear started creeping me and to my relief I spotted the garbage cover smashed and glued on the corner of the kitchen. I ran. I realised I was getting sober. I ran. I watched the clock as I neared the kitchen. I ran. She was supposed to meet me at 6. She was one hour early. I ran. And reached the garbage cover. As soon as I picked the cover, something inside me stopped me. I watched the cocaine powder on my Ash Tray.

The bell started ringing once again. Sweat started producing on my forehead. I was sobering completely now. Now, Helen knocked the door hardly. In a rush, my hand moved swiftly and came near my mouth. My mouth opened on its own and accepted the cocaine powder eagerly. My tongue can taste the sour taste of the cocaine and the bitterness of the tobacco that were burnt to ash in that Ash Tray.

And my Brain received the HIGH!!!

OH HELEEEN

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps of st

முதல் முத்தம்

முதல் முத்தம்  சிறுகதை  நவீன் செல்வகுமார்   இன்று(சனி)..  தனது PULSAR150ஐ, அதிகமான கார்கள் மற்றும் சில ரேஸ் பைக்குகள் நிறுத்தப்பட்டிருந்த பார்க்கிங்கில் ஒருவழியாக கிடைத்த சிறு இடத்தில நிறுத்தினான். அன்பு தன்னுடன் அலுவலுகத்தில் பணிபுரியும் அமித்தின் ‘BACHELOR PARTY’க்கு வந்திருந்தான்.இரவு எட்டு மணிக்கு வரவேண்டிய அமித்தின் 'BEACHHOUSE'க்கு 8.20க்கு வந்தடைந்தான். அமித்தின் BEACHHOUSEஐ சில வினாடிகள் ஏக்கமாய் பார்த்துவிட்டு வீட்டினுள்ளே நுழைந்தான்.செல்வராகவன் திரைப்படங்களில் வருவதுபோல் சிவப்பு பச்சை மஞ்சள் என வண்ண விளக்குகள் மின்ன ஆங்கில ராக் பாடல்களுடன் வெளியில் இருந்து பார்த்த அமைதிக்கு நேர் மாறாக அந்த அறை இருந்தது.அறை முழுவதும் மது வாசம் வீசியது. குறைந்த ஆடைகளுடன் பெண்களும் ஆண்களும் மதுகுவளைகளை கையில் ஏந்தியபடி ஆடிக்கொண்டிருந்தார்கள்.சிலர் தெய்வநிலை அடைந்த நிம்மதியில் சோபாவிழும் தரையிலும் கிடந்தார்கள்.அமித் அன்புவை வரவேற்று மது பாட்டிலை குடுத்து உபசரித்தான்.அன்பு அதை மறுத்துவிட்டு ஒரு மூலையில் போய் அமர்ந்தான்.அன்புவிற்கு மது பிடிக்காது.மது போதைக்காக இங்கு அவன் வரவில்லை, மாது போத

The Days of Being Wild (Last Days of IBM #5 - The End)

  The Days of Being Wild In the third semester of college, I had a fight with one of my roommates. I had lost my father in the second semester of college. It was a hard time for me and my family. The only thing that I had with me at that time were my friends. It may sound cringe, but the truth is, I needed to forget it all. I never wanted my friends to feel sympathy towards me. At that age, and especially in my 3rd semester, to avoid my gloom, I started acting weirdly. More like a cracked guy at times. By doing so, no one would feel sympathy towards me right? On the other hand, they would get irritated at me or would see me as funny and laugh with me right? - This was the kind of justification I told myself. Thinking about it now makes me laugh so hard and embarrassed. Ha! But why am I writing this now? There’s a reason for it. At the end of 3rd semester, one of my roommates took advantage of me. In that sense, he showed his superiority towards me. I don’t know why h