Skip to main content

Good Luck (The Red #3)


 

“Is this some kind of sick joke?”

It was my turn to keep silent. She should let her feelings out. Or else it would end up being a fight. It had happened before, and I intend not to let it happen now. Especially now.

“I mean, listen to yourself.”

Yes, I do, Babe. Yes, I do “…”

“You were saying that you need to go and play hide and seek. And we shouldn’t find you? Ed, this is Insane.”

“…”

“Here I thought you were finally done writing your draft. I seriously planned on taking a different approach for this novel, Ed. But what you are saying is beyond insane.”

“…” I can sense her relaxing a bit.

“Listen, Ed. It’s not only about you or me. It’s about everything we have built so far. If this hits the news, then it will ruin it all.”

Now she is being dramatic. “Babe. I know that. I know it will affect everything. It has been tough for me to decide this. But this is our only way. I have to get myself isolated for me to get my writing.”

“You were all alone in this fucking apartment. Is it not isolation enough? You were saying not only you want to go somewhere else, but you don’t want anyone to contact you not even me? This isn’t how it works, Ed.”

“Listen to me, Babe. I have prepared all that were needed for my isolation. Your job is to handle the press and the news. You can commercialise my missing too if you want.”

“Don’t fucking tell me how to do my job.” She put both her arms on my shoulders. “Ed, this is not about your creativity or concentration or whatever shot you plan on doing. This is about you. Isolating yourself can go both ways.” She paused a bit and continued. “I can be with you for the time being. We can finish the novel like we did back.”

I considered it for a moment. But it would only make things worse. She’s just telling this idea to help me but not to get back on our relationship. It would only depress me rather than giving me ideas. I should deny.

“No, Helen. I just called you to look over our editorial department till I come back. I promise you that the draft I am going to work will be my last. If you still won’t like it, then I won’t write anything after that. I have to rediscover myself and this is the only way.”

Helen looked me straight in the eye. Then she took her hands from my shoulders and took the whiskey cup. She gulped her last pint of the bitter and took her purse. She turned and walked towards the door. I thought of calling her, but I know she would never listen. She went outside and stopped. She turned back and looked me.

“Good luck”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25TH POST!!!! Beyond the Clouds (EOI #7)

Beyond the Clouds I couldn’t able to sleep that night. I ended up dozing off at around 3 AM. It was my mallu friend who woke me up. I don’t know why (actually, the question to be asked is IDK how), I developed a habit of not waking up to my alarm. I have tried changing all the tunes, but the sound of my phone’s alarm never reaches my ear. I woke up, I didn’t change anything. I have planned for this day in a perfect manner. All I did was - had a warm bath, drank a hot strong coffee with a samosa for breakfast. Packed my bags, left my keys in the PG and for one last time, with a heavy-hearted sigh, I left my PG for good. The Cab was waiting for me and within an hour, I reached the airport. I have never been to an airport before, but Bangalore airport was a massive one. I had no clue what to do there. The first thing I did was, I took my printed copy of boarding pass. After a long queue for checking the body temperature and my AADHAR card, I entered inside the airport.   ...

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps o...

Boy-Girl Group makes me sick!

Boy-Girl Group makes me sick! Talking to girls is one thing but grouping with girls is another thing. I hate grouping with girls. I have experienced a lot before and whenever this happens – Its cringey – EVERYTIME!!! I even tried to be a part of this boys’ and girls’ gang. The first time was in the second semester of our college. It was a group of boys’ and girls’ where the boys protect the girls.  They are the FIREWALLS and I was a FIREWALL on those days. But being a firewall means you must call the girls in that gang as sisters. I can’t call a girl sister when I am dreaming wet dreams about her.  Ahnn??!?!?!?!  Well I am not sure if that’s a bad behavior or a good behavior. Is it misogynistic? Or is it being human? But I am sure it’s ME! Its how I am inside. It’ll never go away. I’ll never call a girl of my age as sister. Basically, I am a horny guy and I came to the realization that it’s not my kind of place. So, I resigned myself from the FIREWALL.   **E...