Skip to main content

Yet another Mudivu (The.Godfucker #10)

 https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51cFiaf7ORL._SX373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Origin

I felt like I had reached the saturation point of reading Dan Brown. I thought of reading Digital Fortress for a change, but I wanted to complete the Robert Langdon Series.

Origin was a breath of fresh air. Although it followed the same fucking formula, it dealt with a new kind of thing, a quite new one for our beloved symbologist. The story starts with Robert Langdon’s fascination about the modern art and he didn’t like it more than he liked the ancient artist (especially the renaissance artists)

I can say this book is the decent Dan Brown book because it had all the Dan Brown elements upgraded. The mystery in this book was top notch and it defined the edge of the seat thriller. But the problem in reading this book was not found within the book. I would say the problem had occurred within myself.

I felt like I had attained the saturation point of the writing style of Dan Brown. I couldn’t able to find anything interesting from the book. May be, it’s the book. May be, it’s me. I am not sure anymore. 

IDont Know IMight Be Wrong GIF - IDontKnow IMightBeWrong IAmNotSure GIFs

I usually write notes about the book I read at the end of every sitting. But this was the only Dan Brown book I didn’t feel like anything to write. To top it off, the ending of the book was once again resonated the Agnostic Dan Brown rather than my beloved Atheist Dan Brown. He Just uses Atheism as a tool to express his Atheistic Views but, the more emotionally built elements of the novel were mostly revolving around the religion and its significance.

In this book, the final reveal didn’t affect me much. It felt like a terminator movie. But the scientific explanation and the message delivered by the Atheist character Edmond Kirsch was breath taking when I think about it. It too had an Inferno-like message, but my already saturated mind didn’t get excited as it was supposed to.

After I finished the book, I came to know that there was a Tamil translation available for this book. I got so excited about the fact that it was written in Tamil which is my language.


I watched the 3 movie adaptations of Dan Brown books after reading the Origin. I somehow liked the A&D adaptation better. Although all the movies were tailored for the screen, I shouldn’t except them to follow the same plot as the novel. But the movie adaptation of the book, Inferno, was disastrous. They left out the one good thing I liked about the book. They fucking left out the climax and even went on to bring back Robert Langdon’s ex-girlfriend or something. 

Star Lord Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF - StarLord GuardiansOfTheGalaxy Dude GIFs

Just one more book to go to finish the Dan Brown series. I just need to read the Digital Fortress and I would have been completed my Dan Brown streak. But unfortunately, I failed.

Procrastination hit me combined with numbness. A week-long numbness to be precise. It was the last week.

September 5, 2020

It’s a wonderful Saturday morning. Yesterday I watched the first episode of season 2 of The Boys. At the start of this blog, my friend (an enemy too) had reviewed the season 1 of the Boys in one of his posts of this blog. Now I am watching the second season of the show. From here on out, I am planning on watching Supernatural TV show with my friend Uzumaki.

If I like this show, then it would the biggest marathon I have ever had in my life. The longest show I have ever watched (or currently watching) is one piece. I had watched the 600 episodes of OP (Later on I watched on a weekly episode since I caught with the anime at that time) and it was a short marathon when I compare it with Supernatural.

For the next two months, I am planning to watch Supernatural and after that I am planning to watch Gintama.

So, I need to read the books parallelly between these two TV series and anime Marathon.

Marathons aside, it was a fun journey of 1 month with Dan Brown. I have never read 6 books in a month before. Still I need to read one more book of Dan Brown.

I am sure I will read it sooner! Let’s hope!

SPOILERS OF INFERNO

Inferno

contrapposto.

The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis

who is Constantinople?

shime waza

Franz Liszt’s most famous works—the Dante Symphony—an entire composition inspired by Dante’s descent into and return from hell.

First of all, this was my least favourite of Robert Langdon so far. Till one of book to go, I am sure that this will be my least favourite in Robert Langdon books.

The premise was intriguing at the beginning of this book and as the mysteries unfolded, I kinda lost interest in this book.

Also, I found out the ultimate twist of Dan Brown in this book and the way he made the deception was funny and it didnt stick with me.

Robert Langdon wakes up in a hospital with an amnesia. A doctor named Seinna Brooks helps him when he was almost got killed by an assassin. They both (as in all Dan Brown Books) flee together to find the answers and mysteries revolving around them of their current predicament.

I'll try to recollect my memories of this book now That I have finished reading it.

[02:12 23-08-2020]


Robert founds a mysterious capsuled like container in his packet and soon he finds it to be a projector which reveals Botticelli’s Map of Hell. This is a painting which had got inspirations from Dante Alligheri's Divine Comedy (A book which tells about the story of Dante's journey through Hell -> Purgatory -> and finally Heaven. He faces a lot of hurdles in the hell and moves forward each hurdle with the helpof his lover, unfortunately married to another guy). Although this painting has been modified. The 9 gates of hell were reaaranged (not in order according to the Divine comedy) and the painting bored a word Catrovacer in each gate. He rearranges this mysterious word in accordance to the original order of those 9 gates in the Divine comedy and derives a new word that says Cerca trova which means Seek and find. Suddenly Robert has a revelation and tells Seinna that this word is engraved in the painting done by an old italian dude called Vasari (Very Sorry..) situated in Palazzo Vecchio . I am not sure about this point but, in that painting, Robert finds that says something about seeing the truth through the eyes of the death (which was also Robert got in his nightmare) and decides to see the Dante's dead mask. There was a twist. The mask was not found and Robert had stolen it (which Robert was not aware because he was in Amnesia DUH!) Then he watches the video survillence and fonds out he and his friend stole the mask and his friend has that mask. He calls him finding that he was dead by having stroke and he gave him a clue before he dies. As per the clue, (Paradise Twenty-five )(Paradise 25 of the Divine Comedy says something about the location of Dante;s Baptism Point) Robert and Sienna went to a baptism point where Dante had his Baptism and founds the mask. Robert finds 7Ps in the forehead which means to erase the 7 deadly sins. This made the duo to clean the forehead and it revelead a spiraling phrases of poem from the Divine comedy. The rest of the story involves deciphering the poem and TBH, I didnt like it.

It was not until the last moment, I thought of giving up the book even. But, in the finale, this book delievered a message that I was stunned to the core. It gave a bizarre solution for Human Population control. I am not a bif fan of coincidences but, right now, the world was in a pandemic and I read a book written by Periyar where theres a segment which horrifically justifies birth control. 

This book touched both the above controversies and I was in awe when I finished this book.

SPOILERS OF ORIGIN


The Origin 

 
feigning - Pretending with intention to deceive

I hope Ludwig van Beethoven gets his cut, Langdon thought, fairly certainthat the original inventor of bone conduction technology was the eighteenth-century composer who, upon going deaf, discovered he could affix a metalrod to his piano and bite down on it while he played, enabling him to hearperfectly through vibrations in his jawbone.

Shortest chapter of all Dan Brown's books - Chapter 4   

“In times of violence, nothing comforts like the hand of God.

400th page

I really liked this book except that this too is trying to make me an agnostic. It's not like this book is preaching me to become an agnostic but it dictates the perspective of an agnostic person. And, I feel like my temperament is sliding towards agnosticism. 😐 

I fucking finisheeddddd itttttt!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps of st

முதல் முத்தம்

முதல் முத்தம்  சிறுகதை  நவீன் செல்வகுமார்   இன்று(சனி)..  தனது PULSAR150ஐ, அதிகமான கார்கள் மற்றும் சில ரேஸ் பைக்குகள் நிறுத்தப்பட்டிருந்த பார்க்கிங்கில் ஒருவழியாக கிடைத்த சிறு இடத்தில நிறுத்தினான். அன்பு தன்னுடன் அலுவலுகத்தில் பணிபுரியும் அமித்தின் ‘BACHELOR PARTY’க்கு வந்திருந்தான்.இரவு எட்டு மணிக்கு வரவேண்டிய அமித்தின் 'BEACHHOUSE'க்கு 8.20க்கு வந்தடைந்தான். அமித்தின் BEACHHOUSEஐ சில வினாடிகள் ஏக்கமாய் பார்த்துவிட்டு வீட்டினுள்ளே நுழைந்தான்.செல்வராகவன் திரைப்படங்களில் வருவதுபோல் சிவப்பு பச்சை மஞ்சள் என வண்ண விளக்குகள் மின்ன ஆங்கில ராக் பாடல்களுடன் வெளியில் இருந்து பார்த்த அமைதிக்கு நேர் மாறாக அந்த அறை இருந்தது.அறை முழுவதும் மது வாசம் வீசியது. குறைந்த ஆடைகளுடன் பெண்களும் ஆண்களும் மதுகுவளைகளை கையில் ஏந்தியபடி ஆடிக்கொண்டிருந்தார்கள்.சிலர் தெய்வநிலை அடைந்த நிம்மதியில் சோபாவிழும் தரையிலும் கிடந்தார்கள்.அமித் அன்புவை வரவேற்று மது பாட்டிலை குடுத்து உபசரித்தான்.அன்பு அதை மறுத்துவிட்டு ஒரு மூலையில் போய் அமர்ந்தான்.அன்புவிற்கு மது பிடிக்காது.மது போதைக்காக இங்கு அவன் வரவில்லை, மாது போத

The Days of Being Wild (Last Days of IBM #5 - The End)

  The Days of Being Wild In the third semester of college, I had a fight with one of my roommates. I had lost my father in the second semester of college. It was a hard time for me and my family. The only thing that I had with me at that time were my friends. It may sound cringe, but the truth is, I needed to forget it all. I never wanted my friends to feel sympathy towards me. At that age, and especially in my 3rd semester, to avoid my gloom, I started acting weirdly. More like a cracked guy at times. By doing so, no one would feel sympathy towards me right? On the other hand, they would get irritated at me or would see me as funny and laugh with me right? - This was the kind of justification I told myself. Thinking about it now makes me laugh so hard and embarrassed. Ha! But why am I writing this now? There’s a reason for it. At the end of 3rd semester, one of my roommates took advantage of me. In that sense, he showed his superiority towards me. I don’t know why h