Skip to main content

A Streak of Worst Books (November 2020 Reads #1)

https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1541176803l/42613197._SX318_.jpg

*North* Indian Authors

After I read Hunger Games trilogy, I started watching a lot of book reviews and book recommendation in YouTube. Those channels call themselves as the book tube community. Inspired by them, I started posting the books that I read on my Instagram (Actually its bookstagram)

These guys introduced me to a lot of new books and writers.

I always wanted to read Indian writers, but I never knew anybody good. So, the Indian book tube came to my rescue. And with their recommendation, I filtered five Indian Authors that I am going to plan to read.

Amish Tripathi, Vineet Bajpai, Aswin Sanghi, Neil D’Silva and Ruskin Bond.

And I chose Amish Tripathi’s Suheldev to read first.

I didn’t like this book. There were some plots that didn’t get completed. This book was half baked. And it was so cringe-y to read.

After I completed reading this book, I started the trilogy I bought two months back on an offer. It was the Harappa trilogy written by Vineet Bajpai.

This is the shittiest book I read in the past, I don’t know, my whole life. I don’t want to write much about this book. Because this book is not even worth ranting about. But let me say this…

Even I dislike a book, I always finish it. I disliked Fifty Shades Freed and it took more than one month for me to complete it. I stopped reading it midway and started watching HIMYM. But later, I picked this book with the intention of finishing it and I finished it.

But I don’t have the courage to read this book anymore. Yet I read 2 books of this trilogy and 109 pages of the third book. Then, I threw this book away. Fuck this shit!

After reading this shit, I lost interest in reading and started watching Filler episodes of Supernatural and re-watched one piece to get my mood back.

After completing Madhorupaagan, I mean, before starting the Indian Author book, I started reading a book called Kadavul written by Sujatha. It’s a compilation of four essay written by writer Sujatha in his lifetime where each essay talks about God.

I was reading it one by one. Slowly. And I finished reading it after watching the last episode of Supernatural. The first two essays where shitty where Sujatha uses science to prove god and failed miserably. But the last two essays were readable, and it was awesome to some point.

By this, I had completed 25 books out of 30 in the Reading Challenge of 2020. 5 more books to go and it involves reading my first Stephen king book, a reread and my first Tamil Autobiography book.

More on that later.

Notes on the Shittiest Book

HARAPPA: Curse of the Blood River
(Harappa Series #1)
    - by Vineet Bajpai

I happen to pick this book up because of the youtube reviews I saw about this book. Then there was a amazon sale where I bought the Harappa box set (3 books) for just 500 Rupees. Now that I have read Suheldev, I wanted to read some Indian Fantasy for the first time!

Finished this novel in a single stretch. Because I wanted to finish it when I have the mood to read this shit. Orelse I wouldve lost interest in reading this and probably DNFed it! Awful story, Pathetic Characters and Cliched sequences. The only good thing about this book is the alternate take of Aryan and Indus valley Civilisation. (That too was not believable at some points)

I had bought the triology, so I would finish it anyhow! So, I just want to think about the mystery threads that were yet to be revealed.

What happened to Manu?
Why Somdutt asks Manu to go to the Black Temple to survive? What is the secret of Black Temple?
What happened to Markendeya Shastri plot in Goa? What did his friend (forgot his name) gave Shastri to protect?
What the fuck is the conspiracy? and When would Vidyut Die?!?!?!?!?!?!

I dropped this series after reading 109 pages in the third book. FUCK THIS SHIT!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps of st

முதல் முத்தம்

முதல் முத்தம்  சிறுகதை  நவீன் செல்வகுமார்   இன்று(சனி)..  தனது PULSAR150ஐ, அதிகமான கார்கள் மற்றும் சில ரேஸ் பைக்குகள் நிறுத்தப்பட்டிருந்த பார்க்கிங்கில் ஒருவழியாக கிடைத்த சிறு இடத்தில நிறுத்தினான். அன்பு தன்னுடன் அலுவலுகத்தில் பணிபுரியும் அமித்தின் ‘BACHELOR PARTY’க்கு வந்திருந்தான்.இரவு எட்டு மணிக்கு வரவேண்டிய அமித்தின் 'BEACHHOUSE'க்கு 8.20க்கு வந்தடைந்தான். அமித்தின் BEACHHOUSEஐ சில வினாடிகள் ஏக்கமாய் பார்த்துவிட்டு வீட்டினுள்ளே நுழைந்தான்.செல்வராகவன் திரைப்படங்களில் வருவதுபோல் சிவப்பு பச்சை மஞ்சள் என வண்ண விளக்குகள் மின்ன ஆங்கில ராக் பாடல்களுடன் வெளியில் இருந்து பார்த்த அமைதிக்கு நேர் மாறாக அந்த அறை இருந்தது.அறை முழுவதும் மது வாசம் வீசியது. குறைந்த ஆடைகளுடன் பெண்களும் ஆண்களும் மதுகுவளைகளை கையில் ஏந்தியபடி ஆடிக்கொண்டிருந்தார்கள்.சிலர் தெய்வநிலை அடைந்த நிம்மதியில் சோபாவிழும் தரையிலும் கிடந்தார்கள்.அமித் அன்புவை வரவேற்று மது பாட்டிலை குடுத்து உபசரித்தான்.அன்பு அதை மறுத்துவிட்டு ஒரு மூலையில் போய் அமர்ந்தான்.அன்புவிற்கு மது பிடிக்காது.மது போதைக்காக இங்கு அவன் வரவில்லை, மாது போத

The Days of Being Wild (Last Days of IBM #5 - The End)

  The Days of Being Wild In the third semester of college, I had a fight with one of my roommates. I had lost my father in the second semester of college. It was a hard time for me and my family. The only thing that I had with me at that time were my friends. It may sound cringe, but the truth is, I needed to forget it all. I never wanted my friends to feel sympathy towards me. At that age, and especially in my 3rd semester, to avoid my gloom, I started acting weirdly. More like a cracked guy at times. By doing so, no one would feel sympathy towards me right? On the other hand, they would get irritated at me or would see me as funny and laugh with me right? - This was the kind of justification I told myself. Thinking about it now makes me laugh so hard and embarrassed. Ha! But why am I writing this now? There’s a reason for it. At the end of 3rd semester, one of my roommates took advantage of me. In that sense, he showed his superiority towards me. I don’t know why h