Skip to main content

25TH POST!!!! Beyond the Clouds (EOI #7)


https://i.pinimg.com/originals/14/ff/5a/14ff5a23635a4e40c6d00d5e3d0043b6.png

Beyond the Clouds

I couldn’t able to sleep that night. I ended up dozing off at around 3 AM. It was my mallu friend who woke me up. I don’t know why (actually, the question to be asked is IDK how), I developed a habit of not waking up to my alarm. I have tried changing all the tunes, but the sound of my phone’s alarm never reaches my ear.

Wake Up Alarm Clock GIF - WakeUp AlarmClock Funny GIFs

I woke up, I didn’t change anything. I have planned for this day in a perfect manner. All I did was - had a warm bath, drank a hot strong coffee with a samosa for breakfast. Packed my bags, left my keys in the PG and for one last time, with a heavy-hearted sigh, I left my PG for good.

The Cab was waiting for me and within an hour, I reached the airport. I have never been to an airport before, but Bangalore airport was a massive one.

I had no clue what to do there. The first thing I did was, I took my printed copy of boarding pass. After a long queue for checking the body temperature and my AADHAR card, I entered inside the airport.

 


I had two bags with me, one for taking inside the plane and the other for sending it to the luggage section. There were a lot of machines where we can generate our own boarding pass. I lifted my printed copy of boarding pass in front of one of those machines and it scanned the bar code on my boarding pass.

In an instant, it generated a baggage tag and an airport usable boarding pass. I took the baggage tag and stripped the glue, pasted it on one of my bags. I asked one of the staff there whether could I give those bags. They instructed me to join a queue.

Another queue!

I was amazed by the number of people inside the airport. I thought people feared Airports because of this pandemic. But I was wrong, I guess this was the only mode of transport during this pandemic.

After that long queue, I gave one of my bags to a staff there. She was ridiculously nice to me. The sad part was I couldn’t see her face. But I was not in the mood for any hormonal sessions that time and as soon as I gave my bag to her, she asked me to wait for the flight in the first floor.

As soon as I went upstairs, the security people asked me to strip myself. 

Wut GIF - Wut Himym Barneystinson GIFs

Well, they asked me to take my belt and other metals off me so that radar won’t detect anything funny. I was exhausted at that point. I was dying to sit somewhere peacefully and after all these checking, finally, I went inside.

The first floor was as massive as the ground floor and suddenly, I was standing In-front of this huge screen. I looked up for my flight and found that I must go to the last gate of all.

Gate 30

Seats!!! It was a relief to see the seats there.

I sat there and waited for the departure time. It was 2:30 PM. 1 hr to go. I called my crush.

After all the talks, I ended the call and called my mallu friend. After a lot of talking, I ended that call too. I was bored as fuck. Still 30 minutes to go. Suddenly, an air hostess, gave all of us, who were sitting there, a plastic helmet kinda thingy, a new and a pair of hand sanitizers. 


 

Shortly a queue formed for checking our respective boarding passes and entry passes to Tamil Nadu.

Ah!!

Another queue!

Monsters Inc Waiting GIF - MonstersInc Waiting InLine GIFs

It felt like the longest wait of the whole week. Finally, they scanned the bar codes of both my Entry pass and boarding pass. I was good to go. So, I tied my shoelaces tightly and checked all my belongings once. I opened the door which was supposed to take me to inside of the plane.

Seriously, it felt like I was entering inside a labyrinth, the light was too dim, and the path was curvy. Finally, I entered inside the flight and I smelled a weird air inside the flight.

It was an Indigo flight and it was filled with some medicine it seems (the pilot announced) and I sat on my seat.

 



I put my phone in Aeroplane mode and started taking photos. In a minute or so, the flight started moving. Let me say this, it was annoyingly slow at first.

The plane traveled in curves for like 5 minutes and in an instance, it picked up the speed.

Then the magic happened.

The flight took off slowly and I was flying. (not literally)

It didn’t feel strange, but I felt the same sense when I was taken up in an elevator. I took the window seat and glued my eyes on the window.

 



I couldn’t take my eyes off. The clouds were all below me and the sun rays were falling on them made it shiny. It was amazing to see that view. Usually, I would take a lot of photos, but I enjoyed my time there instead.

Eventually, I clicked some photos and took video.
 




3:00 PM

I was in Coimbatore. It was ridiculously fast. It took only 30 mins for me to reach Coimbatore from Bangalore. The fare was around 3200 rupees, but I heard it was less when compared to the normal rates.

Anyways, I was in my hometown and after getting out off the plane, a bus came to pick us up. In 5 minutes, we were inside Coimbatore airport. I checked my luggage out. They checked my temperature and signaled me that I was good to go.

Friends Chandler GIF - Friends Chandler Joey GIFs

Coming outside, I could feel the hot weather of Coimbatore. It felt like ages since my last visit. I booked a safety cab and came to my home.

It was a bliss coming to my home after nearly 5 months of separation. This was the highest period of time that I had left my home. It was a weird period of time to be precise.

Having in solitude was heavenly. It had its moments both good and bad, but still, I liked being alone. I was shocked to know that I would be so organized if I left alone. Then the fever occurred. That scared the shit out of me. Later the hunger strike began and after all these events....

I was finally home.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps of st

முதல் முத்தம்

முதல் முத்தம்  சிறுகதை  நவீன் செல்வகுமார்   இன்று(சனி)..  தனது PULSAR150ஐ, அதிகமான கார்கள் மற்றும் சில ரேஸ் பைக்குகள் நிறுத்தப்பட்டிருந்த பார்க்கிங்கில் ஒருவழியாக கிடைத்த சிறு இடத்தில நிறுத்தினான். அன்பு தன்னுடன் அலுவலுகத்தில் பணிபுரியும் அமித்தின் ‘BACHELOR PARTY’க்கு வந்திருந்தான்.இரவு எட்டு மணிக்கு வரவேண்டிய அமித்தின் 'BEACHHOUSE'க்கு 8.20க்கு வந்தடைந்தான். அமித்தின் BEACHHOUSEஐ சில வினாடிகள் ஏக்கமாய் பார்த்துவிட்டு வீட்டினுள்ளே நுழைந்தான்.செல்வராகவன் திரைப்படங்களில் வருவதுபோல் சிவப்பு பச்சை மஞ்சள் என வண்ண விளக்குகள் மின்ன ஆங்கில ராக் பாடல்களுடன் வெளியில் இருந்து பார்த்த அமைதிக்கு நேர் மாறாக அந்த அறை இருந்தது.அறை முழுவதும் மது வாசம் வீசியது. குறைந்த ஆடைகளுடன் பெண்களும் ஆண்களும் மதுகுவளைகளை கையில் ஏந்தியபடி ஆடிக்கொண்டிருந்தார்கள்.சிலர் தெய்வநிலை அடைந்த நிம்மதியில் சோபாவிழும் தரையிலும் கிடந்தார்கள்.அமித் அன்புவை வரவேற்று மது பாட்டிலை குடுத்து உபசரித்தான்.அன்பு அதை மறுத்துவிட்டு ஒரு மூலையில் போய் அமர்ந்தான்.அன்புவிற்கு மது பிடிக்காது.மது போதைக்காக இங்கு அவன் வரவில்லை, மாது போத

The Days of Being Wild (Last Days of IBM #5 - The End)

  The Days of Being Wild In the third semester of college, I had a fight with one of my roommates. I had lost my father in the second semester of college. It was a hard time for me and my family. The only thing that I had with me at that time were my friends. It may sound cringe, but the truth is, I needed to forget it all. I never wanted my friends to feel sympathy towards me. At that age, and especially in my 3rd semester, to avoid my gloom, I started acting weirdly. More like a cracked guy at times. By doing so, no one would feel sympathy towards me right? On the other hand, they would get irritated at me or would see me as funny and laugh with me right? - This was the kind of justification I told myself. Thinking about it now makes me laugh so hard and embarrassed. Ha! But why am I writing this now? There’s a reason for it. At the end of 3rd semester, one of my roommates took advantage of me. In that sense, he showed his superiority towards me. I don’t know why h