Skip to main content

Men of Science Vs Men of God (The.Godfucker #7)

 https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61ZnQqg8xzL.jpg

Angels and Demons

In my childhood, I had watched A&D dubbed in Tamil. I was very much eager to read about Robert Langdon in a book because I could remember liking his demeanor at the time of watching the films. Even as a misogynistic child, I liked to see my heroes who would fight like badass and do action packed stuff. But I liked the way Robert Langdon thinks and saves the day. So, it was time for me to read him through the eyes of his own creator. 

Reading Cat GIF - Reading Cat Books GIFs

This book had a map of Vatican City and the Rome in the initial pages of it. I thought that it was printed just for the sake of understanding the places where Robert and Vittoria would travel. But later in the novel, just before the final reveal, there was a mini reveal about the Illuminati at the end. That reveal was directly connected to the Illuminati and the map which TBH was a mind fucking one.

Vatican Map in A&D

This was a perfect book from the start till the end because it made my inner Atheist happy to the core. After completing the Robert Langdon series and as well as watching the movies, I always found it hard to believe why Da Vinci code got more hatred than A&D. Because A&D has a lot of elements of Atheism. From its introduction of Antimatter to the history of Illuminati. All were against the Christianity. But when I think about it, A&D deals more with the godman (the church priests; in this case the vatican city pope and co) and their constant agitation against the scientific community.

It had many fascinating historical tit bits. I used to know a story about a person who claimed that the earth was spherical and not a flat surface plane. People never believed him and killed him by throwing stones at them. But when I read this book, it was apparently Galileo, a famous scientist and a mathematician from century. As per Dan Brown, he was the reason Illuminati got created it seems.

History Isnt Kind To Men Who Play God Threat GIF - HistoryIsntKindToMenWhoPlayGod Threat YoureInTrouble GIFs

Likewise, it had lot of these historical tit bits and all these had one thing in common. People who worshipped god despised people who learned science. Although the book’s main antagonist is a guy from a scientific community (yes! Illuminati was basically a scientific community as per Dan Brown), the irony lies in the final reveal of the book.

But it was so soon to judge Dan Brown. He never intended to portray the Religion as a bad thing. Later, I found that he was trying to point out the misconceptions of religion. He even went on to say that he wanted religion and science to work together. Even in A&D, I could feel what he tries to convey but, I thought of it as sarcasm.

To put this book in a single line, it was the opposite of the Tamil movie Anniyan.

I took a lot of time reading this book and when I ended it, I was heavily satisfied.

Relaxed Olaf GIF - Relaxed Olaf Relax GIFs 

SPOILERS OF ANGELS AND DEMONS

Angels and Demons

Chapter 19 was way too technical. But from what I get, anti matter can be created by high energy collisions.

Positrons are commonly produced by radioactivity – they're a byproduct of β+ decay, in which a proton in the atomic nucleus transmutes into a neutron. Other antiparticles result from high-energy collisions, in which the excess energy produces pairs of particles and their antimatter counterparts.

[21:54 01-08-2020]
100 Pages into A&D


Felt like reading sujatha's Sci-Fi novel. Till now, there were one huge mystery and two budding mystery.

1.1, Connection between Janus and the Hassassin. - Members of Iluminati is what have been established.
1.2, Motive behind killing Leonardo Vetra (Although it was revealed to some extent that the killing was done because Illuminati despised Catholics and Leonardo Vetra was a Catholic and it also has something to do with antimatter)
1.3, Anti-Matter mystery - Vittoria was a badass explaining this mystery.

2, The misplacement of camera #86 found out by the guard (I guess it was something of a bomb) - It was an antimatter bomb alright

3, The tunnel where Hassassin is travelling mystery.

So, the Annilation of Antimatter releases Photons.

Started at 5:36 AM -> 1 PM -> 6PM -> 7 PM (inside the library) - 7:30 PM (finding the first altar)

Robert Langdon has Claustrophobia ( Afraid of confined spaces)
He is afraid of Helicopters.
Has a Mickey Mouse wristwatch (Apparantly as a sentiment - A gift from his parents)

[16:12 02-08-2020]
Finishing the 205th page of A&D


The last 100 pages dealt more with the Illuminati and the Vatican City. Also almost all the mysteries were revealed paving way to new mysteries.

1, The tunnel where Hassassin is travelling mystery. - This one was still a mystery (or may not have more significance) - Actually, this was revealed in Chapter 53. The tunnel is were the 4 Preferiti have been prisoned.

2, Murder plan of the four preferiti. (Mystery about 5 folkloric symbols that belongs to Iluminati where one was already used on Leonardo Verta's body) - Robert Langdon was silent and his significance was not shown in these last 100 pages until the last chapter.

Also these last 100 pages shedded some of the controversies (such as la purga) about christianity.

Overall a mundane 100-page-read.

Langdon was searching for the Segno (Sign) and the sign was a repeative occurence of a number - 503

 Galileo was the Guy who told that Sun is the center of universe and wanted to merge science and religion.
 
 503 is actually roman number for DIII - > this is the third book written by Galileo in D series named Diagrammo. In search of a mathemetical term (which Robert Langdon doubts maths would be the Lingua Pura - Universal Lannguage), Vittoria found a page that has number 5 in it which has a POEM (of 4 lines, each line on 4 margins of the page).
 
 5 is a favourite number for Illuminaties.
 
 The first clue (Earth): The poem has a famous painter's name (Raphal Santi) and his tomb. His tomb is at this place called Pantheon and pantheon represents Gaea (The mother of Earth)
The Twist: It was not the tomb of Raphal but one of his paintings that illustrated the tomb (Chigi Chapel). Entering the demon hole was not exciting as I expected tho.
 
[23:05 02-08-2020]
Finished the 310th page and 67th chapter of A&D


It was a very slow read and a thrilling one. It was packed with a lot of Robert Langdon moments.

The piece by piece unvieling of the Earth Mystery was awesome from the start to the last twist. Though a tragedy, I liked how it was disclosed in small amounts. No new mysteries added except the anticipation of the next murder ,The Air Mystery

[20:39 03-08-2020]
450 Pages int A&D


All the element murder mysteries were revealed in the last 150 pages.
The unfortunate thing and also the letting down thing is, no cardinals were saved despite finding all the chapels (churches)

The Air mystery (severing the lung) was the one where the media finds out the news and they started telecasting the Iluminati and their murders. The blowing air sculture (actually, its a relief its seems) reveal was awesome and this clue is by for my favourite clue.

The Fire mystery(Burning alive using Inferno) - I didnt like this one because I hoped they'd save the cardinal but instead the Hassassin kicked Langdon's ass and kidnapped Vittoria. Although this developement was needed for a good thriller, Langdon getting his ass kicked was not nice to read. It started to get frustrating. The saint therasa sculture was funny.

The main thing that has been on and on mentioned here was the name Bernini. He was a great artist and a mason of sorts (persons creating sculptures) and hes responsible for the 5 symmetric of Iluminati and all the sculptures that points to the Iluminati Lair (Chamber of Ilumination)

The Water Mystery - At this point, I just wanted to finish the novel and skimmed it for the most part. It had a fight scene between the Hassashin and Langdon. The final Cardinal Baggia also died and Langdon found out the Iluminati lair by a dove on top of the obelisk in the fountain. (That was not at all exciting)

Proving Conspiracy theories is nice to read but unless Langdon proves it, its nothing but a shit.

Coming to the mysteries, a mystery I never that would be a mystery has now popped.

1, Alexander Vetra mystery - Apparently, Mr. Vetra had told the secret of Anitimatter other than this daughter, Vittoria. - He had told this to two more people. One was the pope and the camerlango (his assistant)
2, Janus mystery - whos he??! - This is the greatest mystery of all.

Finished the book and I am starting to like Dan Brown more.

The fasicinating thing about this book was, even till the last 5 chapters, there were twists. Just when I thought the novel ends and Dan throws another twist (which was the most shocking twist of all. Ahhh!!)

That twist made me to give 5 stars. I dont like conspiracy theories that much but I bought all of the fictionalised lies in this book. Compared to Deception point, this book was a bit complex in its historical portion. Maye be I'll change my rating for this book after I read Dan's other works.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps of st

முதல் முத்தம்

முதல் முத்தம்  சிறுகதை  நவீன் செல்வகுமார்   இன்று(சனி)..  தனது PULSAR150ஐ, அதிகமான கார்கள் மற்றும் சில ரேஸ் பைக்குகள் நிறுத்தப்பட்டிருந்த பார்க்கிங்கில் ஒருவழியாக கிடைத்த சிறு இடத்தில நிறுத்தினான். அன்பு தன்னுடன் அலுவலுகத்தில் பணிபுரியும் அமித்தின் ‘BACHELOR PARTY’க்கு வந்திருந்தான்.இரவு எட்டு மணிக்கு வரவேண்டிய அமித்தின் 'BEACHHOUSE'க்கு 8.20க்கு வந்தடைந்தான். அமித்தின் BEACHHOUSEஐ சில வினாடிகள் ஏக்கமாய் பார்த்துவிட்டு வீட்டினுள்ளே நுழைந்தான்.செல்வராகவன் திரைப்படங்களில் வருவதுபோல் சிவப்பு பச்சை மஞ்சள் என வண்ண விளக்குகள் மின்ன ஆங்கில ராக் பாடல்களுடன் வெளியில் இருந்து பார்த்த அமைதிக்கு நேர் மாறாக அந்த அறை இருந்தது.அறை முழுவதும் மது வாசம் வீசியது. குறைந்த ஆடைகளுடன் பெண்களும் ஆண்களும் மதுகுவளைகளை கையில் ஏந்தியபடி ஆடிக்கொண்டிருந்தார்கள்.சிலர் தெய்வநிலை அடைந்த நிம்மதியில் சோபாவிழும் தரையிலும் கிடந்தார்கள்.அமித் அன்புவை வரவேற்று மது பாட்டிலை குடுத்து உபசரித்தான்.அன்பு அதை மறுத்துவிட்டு ஒரு மூலையில் போய் அமர்ந்தான்.அன்புவிற்கு மது பிடிக்காது.மது போதைக்காக இங்கு அவன் வரவில்லை, மாது போத

The Days of Being Wild (Last Days of IBM #5 - The End)

  The Days of Being Wild In the third semester of college, I had a fight with one of my roommates. I had lost my father in the second semester of college. It was a hard time for me and my family. The only thing that I had with me at that time were my friends. It may sound cringe, but the truth is, I needed to forget it all. I never wanted my friends to feel sympathy towards me. At that age, and especially in my 3rd semester, to avoid my gloom, I started acting weirdly. More like a cracked guy at times. By doing so, no one would feel sympathy towards me right? On the other hand, they would get irritated at me or would see me as funny and laugh with me right? - This was the kind of justification I told myself. Thinking about it now makes me laugh so hard and embarrassed. Ha! But why am I writing this now? There’s a reason for it. At the end of 3rd semester, one of my roommates took advantage of me. In that sense, he showed his superiority towards me. I don’t know why h