Skip to main content

Adangotha! YA? Political Thriller? (EOI #2)

https://cwpittsburgh.cbslocal.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/31325995/2014/11/taylor_hunger-games.jpg?w=770

Worst days

The Hunger Games trilogy was a breath of fresh air. I strangled and fucked my routine hard after finishing this series. 

 Nicolas Cage Feeling Fabulous From The Wind GIF - WindInHair FabulousWind NicolasCage GIFs

People started vacating my PG and the owner decided to shift the remaining residents to a different building of the same PG (in the next street). Me and few people of my PG were against this idea and we argued with our PG in charge and all of it was for vain.

We hated to shift because, if we do, we had to share rooms with people who already were staying in those rooms. Those guys didn’t vacate the PG but went to their hometowns due to this pandemic. Later we came to know that the owner of our PG planned to sell our PG building and that’s why they’re urging us to shift.

We shifted our belongings to the PG next street and fortunately I got a room for my own without anyone to share (and my very own cupboard). With a satisfied heart, I started my second book of the Hunger Games, The Catching Fire.

It was boring to the core initially, later in the story, there was a twist (a great one) followed by the most intriguing battle royale of the series. Climax twist was predictable and finishing the second book didn’t take much of my time. I finished it in, like, 3 sittings.

Personally, the second book was my least favourite of this trilogy. Ironically, the third part of the second book (The Enemy) was my most favourite part of all the 9 parts of this trilogy.

The only reason I hate this book was because of its 1st part. It was such a drag and I almost lost interest in the story. Most of all, I felt this book lacked the character development of Katniss and she was the same person as she was in the first book.

Katniss started having mental problems and the President snow’s mind games was predictable and not believable. Gale’s character arc had a development, but it was not explored by Suzanne. She should’ve made a point of view switch or at least dedicated a few chapters involving him.

One-minute Gale was vulnerable dude and the next minute he got this total attitude change and when I think about it, I can able to understand him, but it should’ve been showcased in this book. His character was ripped apart in the third book though. (weirdly which I liked it) 

66 Friendzone Memes For You


I liked the third book of the Hunger games so much – which would be an unpopular opinion, but it had the perfect ending for this trilogy IMO. I know the climax was a bit sloppy but that was the moment President Snow mind-fucked Katniss. At one point, I rooted for president snow and regretted it sooner.

Overall Mockingjay was perfect and there was a song called the Hanging Tree. It creeped me out and at one chapter, the song was made analogical to the situation and wow!! It still makes my hair tingly when I think about it.

The way Peeta was handled in this book was awesome and his character change was somewhat explored in this book which I liked a lot – Another Unpopular Opinion, I guess. 🥱 Peeta’s character was hanging between a SIMP and an insecure guy in the first 2 books. 

Many may find it cute and I kinda hated it because it started giving the Jacob vibes.

 Simping Pewdiepie GIF - Simping Simp Pewdiepie GIFs

He got attracted to Katniss when they were both kids and started developing a crush. The side story of Katniss’s mother being a crush for Peeta’s father felt like an old folklore of a broken-hearted guy. I felt it was unnecessary and it was somewhat weird in a way. Combined with the fact of cheesy romance in the first book, I knew Peeta’s character would get broken.

In the beginning, his insecure character arc felt like a young adult thing but in the third book, when this insecurity and the broken heart tendency (you know what I mean) of Peeta got mutilated by President Snow, it made sense. I liked how an immature character was experimented psychologically rather than being used as a tool for cheesy romances and triangle fuck stories.  

Psycho GIF - Killer Psycho GIFs

I have watched the Hunger Games movie Franchise back when it was released. I never knew that was adapted from the books. I had long forgotten the story of those movies except the fact that Jennifer Lawrence was in those movies. I have yet to re-watch those movies and I am already feeling that the movies won’t do any justice to these books.

Its a damned Political Thriller...

A political story, that I would like, should have a great antagonist. President Snow’s character was one of those characters. I heard that there was a prequel book for Hunger games which was written in President Snow’s point of view. I think I would like to read it. His character is also the reason this book feels like it fell under a typical young adult book. Every YA book I read had dealt with romances of a couple and the story would always revolve around them. Fortunately, and amazingly, this book fall under that cliché.

If I rank these books,

III Catching Fire 

II Mocking Jay

I Hunger Games

Overall, the book, which had started as a good political thriller, suddenly started taking the young adult route and ending as a psychological political thriller.

I finished Mockingjay with a satisfied heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps of st

முதல் முத்தம்

முதல் முத்தம்  சிறுகதை  நவீன் செல்வகுமார்   இன்று(சனி)..  தனது PULSAR150ஐ, அதிகமான கார்கள் மற்றும் சில ரேஸ் பைக்குகள் நிறுத்தப்பட்டிருந்த பார்க்கிங்கில் ஒருவழியாக கிடைத்த சிறு இடத்தில நிறுத்தினான். அன்பு தன்னுடன் அலுவலுகத்தில் பணிபுரியும் அமித்தின் ‘BACHELOR PARTY’க்கு வந்திருந்தான்.இரவு எட்டு மணிக்கு வரவேண்டிய அமித்தின் 'BEACHHOUSE'க்கு 8.20க்கு வந்தடைந்தான். அமித்தின் BEACHHOUSEஐ சில வினாடிகள் ஏக்கமாய் பார்த்துவிட்டு வீட்டினுள்ளே நுழைந்தான்.செல்வராகவன் திரைப்படங்களில் வருவதுபோல் சிவப்பு பச்சை மஞ்சள் என வண்ண விளக்குகள் மின்ன ஆங்கில ராக் பாடல்களுடன் வெளியில் இருந்து பார்த்த அமைதிக்கு நேர் மாறாக அந்த அறை இருந்தது.அறை முழுவதும் மது வாசம் வீசியது. குறைந்த ஆடைகளுடன் பெண்களும் ஆண்களும் மதுகுவளைகளை கையில் ஏந்தியபடி ஆடிக்கொண்டிருந்தார்கள்.சிலர் தெய்வநிலை அடைந்த நிம்மதியில் சோபாவிழும் தரையிலும் கிடந்தார்கள்.அமித் அன்புவை வரவேற்று மது பாட்டிலை குடுத்து உபசரித்தான்.அன்பு அதை மறுத்துவிட்டு ஒரு மூலையில் போய் அமர்ந்தான்.அன்புவிற்கு மது பிடிக்காது.மது போதைக்காக இங்கு அவன் வரவில்லை, மாது போத

The Days of Being Wild (Last Days of IBM #5 - The End)

  The Days of Being Wild In the third semester of college, I had a fight with one of my roommates. I had lost my father in the second semester of college. It was a hard time for me and my family. The only thing that I had with me at that time were my friends. It may sound cringe, but the truth is, I needed to forget it all. I never wanted my friends to feel sympathy towards me. At that age, and especially in my 3rd semester, to avoid my gloom, I started acting weirdly. More like a cracked guy at times. By doing so, no one would feel sympathy towards me right? On the other hand, they would get irritated at me or would see me as funny and laugh with me right? - This was the kind of justification I told myself. Thinking about it now makes me laugh so hard and embarrassed. Ha! But why am I writing this now? There’s a reason for it. At the end of 3rd semester, one of my roommates took advantage of me. In that sense, he showed his superiority towards me. I don’t know why h