Skip to main content

The World of Katniss Everdeen (EOI #1)

 https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a6/44/81/a64481a0bd8bccca65b681dfb7c92fe9.jpg

My resolve was not enough! It was not so strong to begin with. It all started cramping me up.

Then,

It started.

The beginning of the End.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f2/9a/3c/f29a3c40b4c6b4124a434aca43adfe7b.png

I always had an opinion about paperbacks and eBooks. As a child and in my teen, I had no money and the little money I saved would be evaporated for theatres and stuff. This introduced me to read novels in eBook formats and that’s how I started reading English novels.

Chetan Bhagat introduced me to the world of English novels. Although I would hate him later, it was his works that hooked me to read after a long time.

There were only 2 books of Chetan Bhagat that I read in paperback format.

Half Girlfriend and the girl at Room No 105.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81i-qEragcL.jpg

Even in these two, the one I bought using my money and the one I hated and possibly the reason for my hate towards Chetan Bhagat would be The Girl at Room No 105.

Bleax GIF - DryHeave ThrowUp Vomit GIFs

After that book, I just don’t feel like reading any more Chetan Bhagat. I hope someday, I would finish his works. (Have to read 4 more of his books)

During my college days, the reading part of my mind were occupied by Chetan Bhagat, Ravinder Singh and the other Indian Young Adult authors. 

https://english.cdn.zeenews.com/sites/default/files/2015/04/23/349515-chetan-bhagat.jpghttps://www.viralindiandiary.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Ravinder-Singh.jpg

The only foreign author (I am an engineering student. So, I can’t help it 😁) I read during my college days was Mario Puzo and Godfather was the only book that I have read of him. I forced myself to like that book and it didn’t work out well for me. 

https://img.thedailybeast.com/image/upload/v1552689062/190315-malcolm-godfather-tease_b2gz5v.jpg

Eventually, I liked Mario Puzo upon rereading the godfather and in fact, the reread was so amazing that changed my perspective of reread completely. Initially, I thought reread was a waste of time and The Godfather reread was filled with adrenaline rush. I envisioned each scene with my own set of characters and places.

As a Fan boy of Indian cinema, I like to scream my lungs out in theatres. I felt that kind of moments on rereading the godfather novel. This is not an exaggeration but the truth. 

Jonah Hill Shriek GIF - JonahHill Shriek Excited GIFs
A Kanni Scream


I bought this novel in a second-hand bookstore at Ukkadam in Coimbatore. Because, I am not sure about whether I would like his writing or not. Later it became a habit of mine.

I started reading eBooks of an author before buying their works. This was how I got introduced to Sidney Sheldon (If Tomorrow never comes) and Dan Brown (Davinci Code).

https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1387733550l/14554.jpg  https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/5171w-4D2FL.jpg

After I got a job, this habit of mine was started slowly dying since I started buying all the books in my TBR.

And this was why I decided to Buy the whole Dan Brown Bibliography.

The Hunger Games Begins

Before the beginning of this COVID pandemic, I ordered a lot of books. I was short on money at that time and I ordered the whole Dan BrownBibliography and the Hunger Games Trilogy. That was a total of 10 books which costed only 1600 Rupees from a second-hand book buying website called Bookchor. I had bought the Twilight and 50 shades trilogy on this very same website.

https://www.bookchor.com/assets/frontend/layout/img/logos/book-chor-logo-256.png

And this pandemic happened, and they’ve stopped all the courier services. With that, they had halted all the parcel deliveries and my books too.

May 20

It was at this time around, I finished watching Katekyo Hitman Reborn and I started reading its manga. I finished reading like 20 chapters out of 100 remaining chapters of the manga.

A call woke me up on the morning of May 20 and it’s from this parcel service called DTDC. This was a trusted parcel service it seemed, and they’ve delivered my ordered books that day.

Additionally, they’ve sent me three more books to my surprise (WOOWWWW!! CW: Fairy Tail) due to this unfortunate delay. One of them was The Sicilian, the second book of the Godfather duology and two other books.

I decided to go for reading Hunger games trilogy first. For the time being, I decided not to read Katekyo Hitman Reborn. I had my reasons and it was the right thing to do.

Katniss – The Girl on Fire

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d3/59/d6/d359d65cc24e9fa0f7984abcb7653f11.jpg

Yet another young adult book series and as much as I was starting to hate young adult, I wanted to give hunger games a try. It was not a full-on YA book. It was also a fantasy thriller book. But the most predominant thing I took from this book was its political story telling.

I can feel the YA vibes all over the book especially when I read the characters and their relationships, but I was taken for granted because of Suzanne Collin’s story telling.

The story revolves around these 12 districts who were under the dictatorship of a single district called Panem. Those who consider themselves as the highest of the high, conducts these survival games every year to remain those 12 districts that they were still slaves and would remain as slaves and to know their place.

We all would’ve experienced this kinda situation. That made me to empathise with Katniss easily. I am not a big fan of plutonic relationships and triangle fuck stories. Even that part of this trilogy too worked out for me. Sometimes I cringed and mostly it didn’t affect me. Keeping that aside, the world building of Hunger Games is what makes Hunger Games so special for me.

I have never read any fantasy series or sort of fantasy series before. Even though Hunger games doesn’t involve any magic systems, I liked the whole new species thing and the thrilling pace of the games.

The designing of arena (The Clock Colosseum) in the second book (Catching Fire) was a thrill to read.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/thehungergames/images/b/b2/Catching-Fire-Arena2.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/1000?cb=20120330194527
A Guide to the Clock Colosseum

 

My Representation of the Clock Colosseum


Of all the YA girls I have read so far, I liked Katniss the most. Because she was the most fucked up teen and the matured one IMO. The moment I liked Katniss was when I read the third book. The relationship with her father was strongly portrayed and it made me so emotional that lead to outrage of a lot of cathartic moments.

One of memorable moments in the first book was a song. It was my first time reading a song in a book. It occurred in one of the most emotional scenes of the series.

I don’t want to brag about Peeta and Gale. I’ve planned to write a rant post for this triangle love stories in Twilight, Grey series and Hunger games and about this pure plutonic shit in a separate post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps of st

முதல் முத்தம்

முதல் முத்தம்  சிறுகதை  நவீன் செல்வகுமார்   இன்று(சனி)..  தனது PULSAR150ஐ, அதிகமான கார்கள் மற்றும் சில ரேஸ் பைக்குகள் நிறுத்தப்பட்டிருந்த பார்க்கிங்கில் ஒருவழியாக கிடைத்த சிறு இடத்தில நிறுத்தினான். அன்பு தன்னுடன் அலுவலுகத்தில் பணிபுரியும் அமித்தின் ‘BACHELOR PARTY’க்கு வந்திருந்தான்.இரவு எட்டு மணிக்கு வரவேண்டிய அமித்தின் 'BEACHHOUSE'க்கு 8.20க்கு வந்தடைந்தான். அமித்தின் BEACHHOUSEஐ சில வினாடிகள் ஏக்கமாய் பார்த்துவிட்டு வீட்டினுள்ளே நுழைந்தான்.செல்வராகவன் திரைப்படங்களில் வருவதுபோல் சிவப்பு பச்சை மஞ்சள் என வண்ண விளக்குகள் மின்ன ஆங்கில ராக் பாடல்களுடன் வெளியில் இருந்து பார்த்த அமைதிக்கு நேர் மாறாக அந்த அறை இருந்தது.அறை முழுவதும் மது வாசம் வீசியது. குறைந்த ஆடைகளுடன் பெண்களும் ஆண்களும் மதுகுவளைகளை கையில் ஏந்தியபடி ஆடிக்கொண்டிருந்தார்கள்.சிலர் தெய்வநிலை அடைந்த நிம்மதியில் சோபாவிழும் தரையிலும் கிடந்தார்கள்.அமித் அன்புவை வரவேற்று மது பாட்டிலை குடுத்து உபசரித்தான்.அன்பு அதை மறுத்துவிட்டு ஒரு மூலையில் போய் அமர்ந்தான்.அன்புவிற்கு மது பிடிக்காது.மது போதைக்காக இங்கு அவன் வரவில்லை, மாது போத

The Days of Being Wild (Last Days of IBM #5 - The End)

  The Days of Being Wild In the third semester of college, I had a fight with one of my roommates. I had lost my father in the second semester of college. It was a hard time for me and my family. The only thing that I had with me at that time were my friends. It may sound cringe, but the truth is, I needed to forget it all. I never wanted my friends to feel sympathy towards me. At that age, and especially in my 3rd semester, to avoid my gloom, I started acting weirdly. More like a cracked guy at times. By doing so, no one would feel sympathy towards me right? On the other hand, they would get irritated at me or would see me as funny and laugh with me right? - This was the kind of justification I told myself. Thinking about it now makes me laugh so hard and embarrassed. Ha! But why am I writing this now? There’s a reason for it. At the end of 3rd semester, one of my roommates took advantage of me. In that sense, he showed his superiority towards me. I don’t know why h