Skip to main content

It’s exciting to read a tournament between Humans and Gods!

 https://animetroop.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Record-of-Ragnarok-Anime-2021.png

Humans Vs Gods

Just before I started reading the Notebook, I got hooked in a Seinen manga. I picked to read this manga suddenly.

I was reading one volume of Detective Conan manga daily and I reached my saturation point after reading the 21st volume. I didn’t stop reading because it was bad but, I needed to read a different one.

https://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/images/thumb/2/2c/Volume_21.jpg/275px-Volume_21.jpg

And I didn’t want to commit to a manga too. So, I decided to pick a book to read.

Then it happened nonchalantly.

Now-a-days, the rise of anime and manga community became very huge. When I started watching anime or reading manga, the otaku community was there but it was very small. I was a huge fan of CodeProvider – a YouTube channel of a crazy otaku. He **hands down** introduced me to the world of Seinen. 

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1154013326461947907/laLtkdqc_400x400.jpg
The Code Provider


Foreneverworld, Tekking101 and Rogersbase are other youtubers who were in their initial stages of their Otaku-dom. Tekking101 was used to review Bleach those days and I was a Hardcore Bleach Fanatic. After catching up with One piece, I started watching Rogersbase videos and I liked his videos too. 

https://i1.sndcdn.com/avatars-000595678089-pkrk3j-t500x500.jpg
Foreneverworld
https://i.imgur.com/IOGworb.jpg
Tekking101
https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/5510e142e4b0ebe8a01443fd/1519886648145-U56J3JZ87G58ZHF91BOR/Rogers.jpg?content-type=image%2Fjpeg
Rogersbase

After joining the college, I had a huge halt for my otaku life. But here and there I used to check their videos. After Bleach ended, I was curious on which manga series would Tekking101 review next. Then he dropped a video answering that question.

He said that he would review the chapters of Toriko next. I was shocked. I had watched 40 episodes of Toriko weekly when it started airing. But I didn’t like it. And Foreneverworld started giving anime and manga related news. It was a meh channel for me. 

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhuYf-SdUsLRMTzMjSQxhaSQDuNU9ZulJjIIPUCMQSBmAeAA848spGF4yXUA6moIz4eGCYrQumbOsqDNKHK6q19p3yGG3OAgba9mlXY2BqV76Xu0PjeGDMhvZFM9advkpav9wOSSgqgJHGQ/s1600/toriko.jpg

Even though I had a halt in watching anime or reading manga, the one thing I did genuinely was reading One Piece chapter every week. Sometimes I would miss but then I would catch up later. Usually I would miss 1 or 2 months and nothing more than that. After reading a chapter, I would watch RogerBase’s chapter review of that week.

And as a shock, I came to know that Tekking101 started reviewing One Piece chapters and ignored Toriko. I am not sure why he decided against it, but I was glad he did that. After that I started watching his One Piece chapter reviews and ignored RogerBase’s reviews. But time to time, I would watch his videos.

Now, it feels like the start of a new era. Now-a-days, I don’t watch any YouTube channels that are related to Anime and Manga that much as I did back in my teenage. Time to Time, I would watch some videos by some new otakus and that’s it.

Last year, before I started watching Fairy Tail, I heard a lot of negative reviews about it. I almost decided against watching Fairy Tail. Then I watched a video from a channel named Nux Taku.

https://i.redd.it/0j530bajfkc41.png
Nux Taku


It’s a one-hour video I guess, and he made me to watch Fairy Tail. And I was glad I did that. I liked Fairy Tail irrespective of all the negative comments I had heard about it. Then I got introduced to Super EyePatch Wolf. I am huge fan of his Monster analysis video and the Nostalgic Bleach videos. That made me so emotional because Bleach had a huge impact on me.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/M5-6Ke3x8Mg/maxresdefault.jpg
Super EyePatch Wolf


Then came the one YouTuber I started liking the most. It’s the Masked Man. Now he changed his identity to The Asura. I started watching his channel because I was planning on reading Berserk manga on 2021 and I heard that he was a Hardcore fan of that manga. Then I started binge watching his videos. The one thing I like about his channel is his discussion on Anime or Manga related topics.

https://yt3.ggpht.com/ytc/AAUvwngGEBmD2ZuYNQCSG41MowmtkpThBjr1yNEtzPDs7g=s900-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj
Masked Man


That’s how I found the manga Record of Ragnarök.

https://i0.wp.com/mangafast.net/img4/2020-09-7//record-of-ragnarok-chapter-36-page-1.jpg?q=70

It was the first Battle Manga I have ever read. I didn’t even aware of the genre Battle Manga. It was a Seinen at the core but only with battle scenes.

The Gods plan to eradicate Humanity but one of the 13 Valkyrie sisters, convinces the Gods to have a one on one battle before deciding Humanity’s fate. If they win, they’ll get another 1000 years but if they lose, then Gods will enjoy eradicating the Humanity.

Who would not read this manga after knowing about such a premise?

And then I started reading the manga. It’s an ongoing manga. There would be 13 one on one battle (13 Gods Vs 13 Humans) and whichever side gets the 7 wins would emerge as the victory side. Right now, there were only 5 battles completed. As of now, we have 2 points for Humans and 3 points for Gods. The Battle list is as follows.

As this manga mainly focuses on Battles, the fights written in this manga were the best of fights I have ever read in any manga (or in any form of entertainment). Be it the intensity, be it the power quotient of the fighters or be it the mind-bending climax, this manga has it all. I couldn’t even guess who would emerge as the victor till the last panel of every fight.

And the list keeps me wanting for more of this manga. It’s a monthly manga that means, we would get one chapter per month. And with only 5 Battles competed, this manga is getting an anime adaptation at the end of this year (or in the middle, I am not sure. But it’s going to be released on 2021). Making 2 episodes for each battle, this anime would be a 12-episodes anime, I guess. But let’s see.

And that’s it, folks! After catching up with this manga, I started reading the books in my TBR. More on that in my upcoming posts. As far as manga is concerned, I am going to read Detective Conan when I feel like reading it. I hope I will complete or catch up reading Detective Conan by the end of this year. For other mangas, I have planned to read titles like Berserk, Vagabond and more.

But it all depends on the mood.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps of st

முதல் முத்தம்

முதல் முத்தம்  சிறுகதை  நவீன் செல்வகுமார்   இன்று(சனி)..  தனது PULSAR150ஐ, அதிகமான கார்கள் மற்றும் சில ரேஸ் பைக்குகள் நிறுத்தப்பட்டிருந்த பார்க்கிங்கில் ஒருவழியாக கிடைத்த சிறு இடத்தில நிறுத்தினான். அன்பு தன்னுடன் அலுவலுகத்தில் பணிபுரியும் அமித்தின் ‘BACHELOR PARTY’க்கு வந்திருந்தான்.இரவு எட்டு மணிக்கு வரவேண்டிய அமித்தின் 'BEACHHOUSE'க்கு 8.20க்கு வந்தடைந்தான். அமித்தின் BEACHHOUSEஐ சில வினாடிகள் ஏக்கமாய் பார்த்துவிட்டு வீட்டினுள்ளே நுழைந்தான்.செல்வராகவன் திரைப்படங்களில் வருவதுபோல் சிவப்பு பச்சை மஞ்சள் என வண்ண விளக்குகள் மின்ன ஆங்கில ராக் பாடல்களுடன் வெளியில் இருந்து பார்த்த அமைதிக்கு நேர் மாறாக அந்த அறை இருந்தது.அறை முழுவதும் மது வாசம் வீசியது. குறைந்த ஆடைகளுடன் பெண்களும் ஆண்களும் மதுகுவளைகளை கையில் ஏந்தியபடி ஆடிக்கொண்டிருந்தார்கள்.சிலர் தெய்வநிலை அடைந்த நிம்மதியில் சோபாவிழும் தரையிலும் கிடந்தார்கள்.அமித் அன்புவை வரவேற்று மது பாட்டிலை குடுத்து உபசரித்தான்.அன்பு அதை மறுத்துவிட்டு ஒரு மூலையில் போய் அமர்ந்தான்.அன்புவிற்கு மது பிடிக்காது.மது போதைக்காக இங்கு அவன் வரவில்லை, மாது போத

The Days of Being Wild (Last Days of IBM #5 - The End)

  The Days of Being Wild In the third semester of college, I had a fight with one of my roommates. I had lost my father in the second semester of college. It was a hard time for me and my family. The only thing that I had with me at that time were my friends. It may sound cringe, but the truth is, I needed to forget it all. I never wanted my friends to feel sympathy towards me. At that age, and especially in my 3rd semester, to avoid my gloom, I started acting weirdly. More like a cracked guy at times. By doing so, no one would feel sympathy towards me right? On the other hand, they would get irritated at me or would see me as funny and laugh with me right? - This was the kind of justification I told myself. Thinking about it now makes me laugh so hard and embarrassed. Ha! But why am I writing this now? There’s a reason for it. At the end of 3rd semester, one of my roommates took advantage of me. In that sense, he showed his superiority towards me. I don’t know why h