Skip to main content

Ranking of Harry Potter Books

 https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5f/4c/c6/5f4cc6a0abd248d5b875fae6a08a2d33.jpg

The End

This book is my second least favourite book of Harry Potter series (I’ll explain why Deathly Hallows didn’t become my worst HP book while I give the ranking of HP books). I expected Harry’s character to mature a bit after he fucked up because of his recklessness in the last book. But guess what, he was the same and it costed Albus Dumbledore’s life.

Okay!

That’s a cruel thing to say. But when I read the book, I wanted Dumbledore to live. (It all changed when I read the next book!) And he deserved more respect from Harry. I knew Dumbledore never trusted anyone and all that shit. But Harry should’ve trusted Dumbledore (even though Dumbledore blamed himself in this book. This is mutual respect motherfucker!)

And the climax was another tragedy and this time, I didn’t like the tragedy. Mainly because how the final book was set up in the climax of the sixth book. I didn’t want the trio to wander away to find some weird deathly hallows. I wanted them to stay in Hogwarts and fight Voldemort. And with this sad note, I finally reached the end of my journey.

The Deathly Hallows was a book that I would’ve hated the most.

But!

I loved it because of two reasons.

1)      The Magic System

2)      Dobby’s death

I didn’t wanted Dobby to die. But when Harry wrote “Here Lies Dobby – A Free Elf” in Dobby’s tombstone, I had an intense emotional moment that I had in a long time. 

доббисвободен Harry Potter GIF - доббисвободен добби Harry Potter GIFs

This is the essence of Harry Potter.

For me, Harry Potter was not a story of a bunch of good magicians fighting off a bunch of bad magicians.

I consider Harry Potter to be the story of the rise of oppressed people. It was registered as one way before in the first book when it addressed the concept of Mud bloods and how they were treated as an abomination by the pure bloods. This is why Sirius Black hated pure bloods even though he was one. And this is why his death (who helped a boy born by a mud blood and pure blood dying) meant as a fuck off to the pure bloods.

And this is precisely why I liked how Dobby was respected in his death. I didn’t like the fact that Dobby died (as it conveys something like dying will be the only result when one chose to become free) but how his death treated proved why Harry Potter was not just a sorcerer’s story but a political story. 


And the other thing I liked about this book is the magic system and how it got explored more in this book than in any other book.

One of the examples is the concept of Deathly Hallows itself. Snape’s Patronus twist was so cool and the whole Snape-the-good-guy twist was so emotional. (It was more emotional reading it then watching it)

And the time skip climax was a nice way to end this decade defining series.

And thus on 9th of September 2021 @ 1:20 PM, I finished reading the last book of Harry Potter.

Ranking the Harry Potter Books

7th – The Chamber of Secrets

There were a lot of logic holes and worthless characters just didn’t make me feel good about this book. Moreover, this has one of the longest intro sequences of all the HP books. It nearly took more than 100 pages for the story to start. And I didn’t like the climax fight between Harry and the Snake.

6th – The Half Blood Prince

Only one reason. Dumbledore’s death! Even though I came to know that Dumbledore was actually a lying and manipulating piece of shit in the last HP book, I kind of liked that dynamic of Dumbledore and I still don’t hate him for being a manipulative guy. That makes him badass. And I still feel like he needed more respect from Harry in this book. Harry got bat shit crazy in this book to be honest.

5th – The Goblet of Fire

I was surprised at my decision of ranking the Goblet of Fire in the 5th position. But the truth is, I didn’t like the competitions held in this book. This is an unpopular opinion. Because I always saw this book in the number one position in mostly all the HP rankings. The thing I liked about this book is that the transition it had from being a fun filled story to a darker one. That saved it from going too low in my rankings.

4th – The Deathly Hallows

Well! I explained why I liked these one more than the last three books earlier. So, I don’t have to repeat it here. But I want to add one more thing. I forgot to mention the King’s Cross Station scene and the final battle between Harry and Voldemort. In the movies, the battle scene had heavy graphics but, in the book, the scene lasted for just one paragraph. In a weird way, I liked how Voldemort got defeated quickly. I don’t know I had become a HP stan or something, but when I read the climax, the most touching moment for me was the King’s Cross station scene. It follows the epic scene of Neville Longbottom becoming badass and quickly followed by the all-out battle. It was just awesome.

3rd – The Philosopher’s stone

This is a masterpiece. But I loved the next two books more than this book. That’s why it has placed third. If I have to say a flaw, then the climax was a bit clumsy and childish.

2nd – The Prisoner of Azkaban

This book has a lot of Nostalgic value for me. Even though I had some issues with the time travel thingy, the epic reveal of Sirius Black and the Patronus scene were a bliss. And this one had the most wonderful and greatest Quidditch match of all time.

1st – The Order of phoenix

And last but not least, the fifth HP book is my favourite HP book of all. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25TH POST!!!! Beyond the Clouds (EOI #7)

Beyond the Clouds I couldn’t able to sleep that night. I ended up dozing off at around 3 AM. It was my mallu friend who woke me up. I don’t know why (actually, the question to be asked is IDK how), I developed a habit of not waking up to my alarm. I have tried changing all the tunes, but the sound of my phone’s alarm never reaches my ear. I woke up, I didn’t change anything. I have planned for this day in a perfect manner. All I did was - had a warm bath, drank a hot strong coffee with a samosa for breakfast. Packed my bags, left my keys in the PG and for one last time, with a heavy-hearted sigh, I left my PG for good. The Cab was waiting for me and within an hour, I reached the airport. I have never been to an airport before, but Bangalore airport was a massive one. I had no clue what to do there. The first thing I did was, I took my printed copy of boarding pass. After a long queue for checking the body temperature and my AADHAR card, I entered inside the airport.   ...

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps o...

Boy-Girl Group makes me sick!

Boy-Girl Group makes me sick! Talking to girls is one thing but grouping with girls is another thing. I hate grouping with girls. I have experienced a lot before and whenever this happens – Its cringey – EVERYTIME!!! I even tried to be a part of this boys’ and girls’ gang. The first time was in the second semester of our college. It was a group of boys’ and girls’ where the boys protect the girls.  They are the FIREWALLS and I was a FIREWALL on those days. But being a firewall means you must call the girls in that gang as sisters. I can’t call a girl sister when I am dreaming wet dreams about her.  Ahnn??!?!?!?!  Well I am not sure if that’s a bad behavior or a good behavior. Is it misogynistic? Or is it being human? But I am sure it’s ME! Its how I am inside. It’ll never go away. I’ll never call a girl of my age as sister. Basically, I am a horny guy and I came to the realization that it’s not my kind of place. So, I resigned myself from the FIREWALL.   **E...