Skip to main content

Podcast gets the real you out of YOU!!! (The 4-Month Void #3)

Podcast Parithabangal

I started April by going to the theatre.

Godzilla Vs. Kong had got released in the town and I booked the ticket on a whim. It was the evening show of April 1, 2021.

I guess I took sick leave that day to watch that movie. I was too bored to work that day and planned to go to theatres. I was so happy when I heard this movie was playing in the theatres. But the real shock came when I went inside the theatres.

I was the only one watching that movie that evening.

I booked for the English version and got shocked to realise that I was the only one booked the ticket to see the English version of an English movie. But sooner a couple came and that’s it. They sat behind me and we three watched that movie that evening.

Godzilla Vs. Kong (2021)

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BZmYzMzU4NjctNDI0Mi00MGExLWI3ZDQtYzQzYThmYzc2ZmNjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEyMjM2NDc2._V1_.jpg

I didn’t expect this movie to be good as I thought it would. It exceeded my expectation. I had watched King Kong movies before, but they didn’t satisfy me. I watched Godzilla animated series in cartoon network as a kid. That too didn’t leave any impact on me. But this movie surely did. One fascinating thing about this movie the fact that it didn’t deal with the humans, instead, we saw the King Kong World and Godzilla’s Stone like something. The thing is this movie explored the origins and specialities of these creatures instead of their interaction with the humans. I loved the climax clash. WOAH!

And April was not only the month of Harry Potter, but it was also the month where the 16th Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Election was held. From the start, we all knew who’s gonna win the election. It was obvious.

At this time around, I started reading The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life by Mark Manson and instantly got bored. It doesn’t mean that the book was bad, it means that the time I chose to read that book was bad. 

Boring GIF - The Boss Baby Bored Sleepy GIFs

It was the election season, and I didn’t feel like reading any self-help books or any fictions. That was the time to dive into the politics. Every YouTube video I saw either talked about politics or talked about politics. To be honest, I was not a political guy. I don’t know shit about Indian Politics. Even after joining college, I didn’t have any interest to know about politics.

That was when the Jallikattu issue happened, and everyone talked about it. Even me. That was the time I came to know about dirty the politicians can play a situation. Jallikattu protesters were disassembled by party bribed goons and it was all blamed against the students who protested in favour of Jallikattu. Slowly, we started speaking politics without even realising it.

And I had fallen in love at that time around. Another realisation hit me. I was an insecure misogynist. I wanted to shout at the girl I loved to stay away from other boys except me. This may be an irrelevant statement. But being a misogynist helped me to learn more about Indian politics. Because as a misogynist, I understood the concept of caste.

And my disgust towards casteism correlated with my atheist shelf. My inner atheist loved hating casteism. And I wanted to learn more about these things that time. It was when I got introduced to a guy named Periyar. I was doing 3rd year of my college, I guess. I always loved to hear speeches of Atheists. Periyar was a guy who was an atheist, an anti casteist and to top it off, a feminist.

I instantly liked the guy. 


De Niro Very Good GIF - De Niro Very Good Analyze Me GIFs

And I started listening to the people who talked about him. My college ended and when I started doing my job, I had dived into the world of podcasts.

The first ever podcast I heard in my life is two guys discussing about superhero movies or something about why it won’t work in Tamil Cinema. As a cinephile, I liked that episode. But what really intrigued me was the name of the guys who did that podcast.

One’s name is Hashirama Senju

And the other guy’s name is Uchiha Madara

The name of that podcast is Schummy Vanna Kaaviyangal. (SVK)

And I became a kanni – right that instant.

Politics and Podcast

The Election started on 6th April and ended on 2nd May.

I was listening to a lot of politics related podcasts during the first week of April. I didn’t even start any books, watched any movies or anything else.

And on the day of the start of the Election, I started hating SVK.

My SVK weekly streak lasted from November 2019 to November 2020. Exactly one year. They took nearly half a year break to start the next season. In the meantime, their account got suspended and took down. And their comeback to season 4 was one hell of a comeback. After listening to few episodes in season 4, I lost interest in them. I liked SVK more because of their cinema episodes and non-party related episodes. And in season 4, they went full frontal talking party politics.

I watched few movies in this month as I started reading Harry Potter books. But the movies I watched were political as fuck. In April 10, I watched one of the best movies that had released in 2021, and that movie is Karnan.

Karnan (2021)

https://www.oracleglobe.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/karnan-box-office-collection.jpeg

What happens when a bus doesn’t stop on the village you live in? Obviously, we would request government to make their village a legit bus stop. Seems simple right? But it was not simple in the world of Karnan. This movie hits us by saying the caste mindset is filled even in the silliest of things.

And the next week, I watched another movie named Fandry. 

Fandry (2013)

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMjM5MDYwNDIzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjc3MjQ2NDE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Karnan’s interval sequence is the Fandry’s climax. The fact that one is getting judged or treated as if they did something unlawful and wrong (even though they didn’t do anything wrong) is the crux of fandry. In college, me and my friend entered late for a class. The asshole professor left him and started blaming me. Even I entered the class early, he would blame me for coming to the class soon. What is that professor was a whole community, and I am a little boy? The frustration would be too much to handle, and it erupts in the end. 

A masterpiece!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps of st

முதல் முத்தம்

முதல் முத்தம்  சிறுகதை  நவீன் செல்வகுமார்   இன்று(சனி)..  தனது PULSAR150ஐ, அதிகமான கார்கள் மற்றும் சில ரேஸ் பைக்குகள் நிறுத்தப்பட்டிருந்த பார்க்கிங்கில் ஒருவழியாக கிடைத்த சிறு இடத்தில நிறுத்தினான். அன்பு தன்னுடன் அலுவலுகத்தில் பணிபுரியும் அமித்தின் ‘BACHELOR PARTY’க்கு வந்திருந்தான்.இரவு எட்டு மணிக்கு வரவேண்டிய அமித்தின் 'BEACHHOUSE'க்கு 8.20க்கு வந்தடைந்தான். அமித்தின் BEACHHOUSEஐ சில வினாடிகள் ஏக்கமாய் பார்த்துவிட்டு வீட்டினுள்ளே நுழைந்தான்.செல்வராகவன் திரைப்படங்களில் வருவதுபோல் சிவப்பு பச்சை மஞ்சள் என வண்ண விளக்குகள் மின்ன ஆங்கில ராக் பாடல்களுடன் வெளியில் இருந்து பார்த்த அமைதிக்கு நேர் மாறாக அந்த அறை இருந்தது.அறை முழுவதும் மது வாசம் வீசியது. குறைந்த ஆடைகளுடன் பெண்களும் ஆண்களும் மதுகுவளைகளை கையில் ஏந்தியபடி ஆடிக்கொண்டிருந்தார்கள்.சிலர் தெய்வநிலை அடைந்த நிம்மதியில் சோபாவிழும் தரையிலும் கிடந்தார்கள்.அமித் அன்புவை வரவேற்று மது பாட்டிலை குடுத்து உபசரித்தான்.அன்பு அதை மறுத்துவிட்டு ஒரு மூலையில் போய் அமர்ந்தான்.அன்புவிற்கு மது பிடிக்காது.மது போதைக்காக இங்கு அவன் வரவில்லை, மாது போத

The Days of Being Wild (Last Days of IBM #5 - The End)

  The Days of Being Wild In the third semester of college, I had a fight with one of my roommates. I had lost my father in the second semester of college. It was a hard time for me and my family. The only thing that I had with me at that time were my friends. It may sound cringe, but the truth is, I needed to forget it all. I never wanted my friends to feel sympathy towards me. At that age, and especially in my 3rd semester, to avoid my gloom, I started acting weirdly. More like a cracked guy at times. By doing so, no one would feel sympathy towards me right? On the other hand, they would get irritated at me or would see me as funny and laugh with me right? - This was the kind of justification I told myself. Thinking about it now makes me laugh so hard and embarrassed. Ha! But why am I writing this now? There’s a reason for it. At the end of 3rd semester, one of my roommates took advantage of me. In that sense, he showed his superiority towards me. I don’t know why h