Skip to main content

And it begins… (The 4-Month Void #2)

 And so it begins

And it begins…

Mr. H. Potter
The Cupboard under the Stairs
4 Privet Drive Little Whinging
Surrey

 .

So!

Last Month I posted about the reminiscing my last 4 months. And in that post, I pretty much fanboyed Harry Potter and compared how I related to him and more shit like that.

In this post, I guess I’ll do the same but comparing my adult self to Harry Potter (and less fanboying) is what I’ll be doing now.

I read all the seven Harry Potter books in exactly 4 weeks (28 days) and took 15 days for reading its short stories. I slow paced myself when I started reading the short stories. After completing the original 7 books and before starting the short stories, I watched all the 8 films of Harry Potter and also 2 of the Fantastic Beasts movies.

So, roughly, it all started in the second week of April and ended in the last week of May.

I watched very few movies in those 6 weeks as a break. But I didn’t want to extend those breaks for a long amount of time. If I had done that, then I would’ve started procrastinating and THE SAID GUILT would’ve consumed me as a whole. 

Smiling Scared Sticker - Smiling Scared Squinting Stickers

All I needed was escapism and HP provided me immensely.

The first two books of Harry Potter where just a bunch of introductory compilations of characters and the world. The real fun starts from the fourth book in the HP series. The third book sort of acts as a bridge or a transition from childish to the more matured mode.

And it his you hard when it reaches the fourth book. The Goblet of Fire

I just want to write about the first three fun books of this series now. Because I longed for these mundane lives of Howardian students instead of the serious and action-packed storyline once I started the fourth book. And why did I miss the mundane slice of life books?

Well, the reason is the fact that Harry Potter became this huge out of world phenomena was not because of its serious story arcs. Its because how well the characters had built up in the first three books.

To say it in a clear way, I’ll put it like this: When I reached the fourth book in the HP series, I wanted to more about the story and paced my reading speed higher. I just wanted to finish the book faster. It was not the case with the first three books. Of course, the story was adventurous as usual and a page turner. But when I was reading the first three books, I didn’t want the book to end. 

I Dont Want It To End Guy Tang GIF - I Dont Want It To End Guy Tang Friends Song GIFs

And that is how a good basement for any story should be written. Another great example for this is the East Blue Saga (Before the Sabaody Archipelago Arc) from One Piece. Harry, Ron, and Hermione were having fun together. And it is fun for us to watch them having fun.

Especially the moments when the story shows the bond among characters. In the Philosopher’s stone, there was one scene where Ron and Harry try to save Hermione from a troll (a monster). Before this scene, Harry, and Ron where the only combo and this scene intensified the bond among the three of our heroes. And let’s not forget the scene where Harry meets his parents through the Mirror of Erised. It was so emotional scene to read. And it was also the scene where Harry and Dumbeldore meets personally.

The Chamber of Secrets was my least favourite book of the HP series and the most absurd of all. But this book gave us one of my most favourite character of all time – Dobby. And it also gives us the backstory of our main villain – Lord Voldemort.

We all have had this one friend who was our enemy at first. And then they would become our best friend. And one person we hate the most in our class, who would constantly bully us, and we would give anything for seeing our bully eat mud. These are some of the emotions I personally felt in the first two books. It was...

Brooklyn99 Noice GIF - Brooklyn99 Noice Jake Peralta GIFs

Prisoner of Azkaban was a book which had its childish moments as well as its serious moments.

And by this book, I started to realise the formula that made these three books adventurous and fun. And these were also the reasons why this book had a strong basement of building its characters and the world.

1. Harry's time spent in the Dursley's

2. First Day at the Hogwarts of that year

3. Quidditch Match practice Session

4. Halloween

5. Quidditch Match (Mostly Gryffindor Vs Slytherins)

6. Something mysterious happens (like the starting of it)

7. Christmas

8. The trio trying to find out about the mystery

9. The end twist (which was awesome so far)

10. The last Day of the year at Hogwarts  

I would give anything to read another Harry Potter book which follows this formula. From the fourth book, it doesn’t follow this structure and focuses mostly on building the storyline and the arc.

And with this book, the fun gets over.

From this point on, we get to read how the temperament of our beloved characters change and how it affected me.

Harry and Me

Goblet of Fire is where Harry Potter takes a turn in its story line. It’s a FUCKING TRAGEDY!!!

One fun fact is that I was watching Brooklyn 99 series before I started reading the Harry Potter series. When I finished reading the third book, I wanted to take a break from reading more Harry Potter. I even considered rereading the first three books again but decided against it. So, I planned to watch a season of Brooklyn 99 before starting the fourth Harry Potter book.

AND IT WAS A MISTAKE!

This is a weird coincidence that had ever happened in my life. I was careful not to get myself spoiled while reading Harry Potter. But I got spoiled by non-other than the TV series – Brooklyn 99.

Its unbelievable right?

Get It GIF - Seth Meyers Right Am I Right GIFs

But it’s the truth. I was watching an episode in B99 where Jake and Amy were discussing about Harry Potter and how they love it so much. Suddenly Jake lets out that Cedric Greggory dies in the series. And I was spoiled then and there. And stopped watching the show.

One of the most important things that happened in that book was how Harry and Ron started having feeling watching the girls and their path from Boyhood to Manhood was so fun to read!

After the tragedy, the next book showcases the depressed Harry. The Order of Phoenix Harry was supposed to be a depressed guy and I thought I would feel sorry for him. Instead, Harry becomes a dick. I mean, he wants to make things right which makes him reckless and a fool.

I loved this dynamic of Harry’s temperament. It proves that Harry is nothing but a mere human being. I have read a lot of manga and I know how the protagonist would grow mentally and physically. Even though Naruto couldn’t be able to cast a shadow clone jutsu, he tries hard and achieves it in the end of the chapter. Even though Ichigo was foolish to ride the Soul Society to save Rukia, he beat FUCKING KENPACHIIII (Fuck you Bayakuya!). 

 Baby Girl Middle Finger GIF - Baby Girl Middle Finger Mood GIFs 

The point is, usually we would see hero fail and it gets compensated by a rising/shining moment.

But Harry doesn’t get any. In the climax of the fifth book, just when I thought Harry is gonna get his rising moment, his godfather – Sirius Black, dies. And its because of Harry’s recklessness. The final battle between Voldemort and Dumbledore was awesome though!!!

I loved this book because it had the formula that the first three books of the HP series had. Yes! I got to enjoy reading the mundane lives of students in Hogwarts. And this time, the level of Mundane rises up and we see that the story was going to focus on exams.

I even noted down the exam schedule of Harry…

Monday - Charms

Tuesday - Transfiguration

Wednesday - Herbology

Thursday - Defense against the Dark Arts

Friday - Off (but Hermione had the Ancient Runes exam as she took it as an extra subject)

 

Monday - Potions

Tuesday - Care of Magical Creatures Exam

Wednesday - Astronomy in the morning and Divination in the Afternoon (Byt Hermoine had Arithmancy exam as she refused take Divination)

Thursday - History of Magic

This book had the most hated Villain of Harry Potter series – Dolores Umbridge. And Harry became a rebel and formed the Dumbledore Army. Ha! This book was a genius! **Chef’s Kiss**

Bob Ross Very Good GIF - Bob Ross Very Good GIFs

By the time I picked the Half Blood Prince, I was convinced that another character was going to die. Because two characters died in the climax of the last two books and its only natural to assume that someone’s gonna die in the sixth book too.

But I never thought it would be ALBUS FUCKING DUMBELDORE!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps of st

முதல் முத்தம்

முதல் முத்தம்  சிறுகதை  நவீன் செல்வகுமார்   இன்று(சனி)..  தனது PULSAR150ஐ, அதிகமான கார்கள் மற்றும் சில ரேஸ் பைக்குகள் நிறுத்தப்பட்டிருந்த பார்க்கிங்கில் ஒருவழியாக கிடைத்த சிறு இடத்தில நிறுத்தினான். அன்பு தன்னுடன் அலுவலுகத்தில் பணிபுரியும் அமித்தின் ‘BACHELOR PARTY’க்கு வந்திருந்தான்.இரவு எட்டு மணிக்கு வரவேண்டிய அமித்தின் 'BEACHHOUSE'க்கு 8.20க்கு வந்தடைந்தான். அமித்தின் BEACHHOUSEஐ சில வினாடிகள் ஏக்கமாய் பார்த்துவிட்டு வீட்டினுள்ளே நுழைந்தான்.செல்வராகவன் திரைப்படங்களில் வருவதுபோல் சிவப்பு பச்சை மஞ்சள் என வண்ண விளக்குகள் மின்ன ஆங்கில ராக் பாடல்களுடன் வெளியில் இருந்து பார்த்த அமைதிக்கு நேர் மாறாக அந்த அறை இருந்தது.அறை முழுவதும் மது வாசம் வீசியது. குறைந்த ஆடைகளுடன் பெண்களும் ஆண்களும் மதுகுவளைகளை கையில் ஏந்தியபடி ஆடிக்கொண்டிருந்தார்கள்.சிலர் தெய்வநிலை அடைந்த நிம்மதியில் சோபாவிழும் தரையிலும் கிடந்தார்கள்.அமித் அன்புவை வரவேற்று மது பாட்டிலை குடுத்து உபசரித்தான்.அன்பு அதை மறுத்துவிட்டு ஒரு மூலையில் போய் அமர்ந்தான்.அன்புவிற்கு மது பிடிக்காது.மது போதைக்காக இங்கு அவன் வரவில்லை, மாது போத

The Days of Being Wild (Last Days of IBM #5 - The End)

  The Days of Being Wild In the third semester of college, I had a fight with one of my roommates. I had lost my father in the second semester of college. It was a hard time for me and my family. The only thing that I had with me at that time were my friends. It may sound cringe, but the truth is, I needed to forget it all. I never wanted my friends to feel sympathy towards me. At that age, and especially in my 3rd semester, to avoid my gloom, I started acting weirdly. More like a cracked guy at times. By doing so, no one would feel sympathy towards me right? On the other hand, they would get irritated at me or would see me as funny and laugh with me right? - This was the kind of justification I told myself. Thinking about it now makes me laugh so hard and embarrassed. Ha! But why am I writing this now? There’s a reason for it. At the end of 3rd semester, one of my roommates took advantage of me. In that sense, he showed his superiority towards me. I don’t know why h