Skip to main content

Okay! It's Time! (The 4-Month Void #1)

 https://www.kindpng.com/picc/m/118-1188879_one-punch-man-saitama-ok-png-transparent-png.png

Okay!

The last time I had written a single word in a post was after I trekked the seven hills in the first week of April.

In a few weeks of time, the Tamil Nadu Government had once again announced lock-down and with that my procrastination got started too. To add on top of that, a sudden guilt trip started budding in my head and at the end of May, it got to a level where my procrastination became depression.

That sudden guilt trip is a secret for now, but I can say this: it had got me to a point where I started hating reading books, watching movies and even FAPPING! (But more on that guilt trip later!)

It took two months to stabilize myself.

Baby Yoda Baby Yoda Soup GIF - BabyYoda BabyYodaSoup BabyYodaSip GIFs

Okay!

It’s starting to feel a little bit exaggerated. Long Story short: Had an amazing month of April. Went downhill for the next three months and finally got back to my normal shelf in the month of…

August!

Today is the 5th of August. I am not sure when I am going to post this in my blog, but the thing is, I will be reminiscing the past 4 months of my life in the upcoming posts.

Okay!

Where should I start from?

Should I start from the time I nearly lost my voice screaming in the theatre?

Or Should I start from the time I started watching 23 MCU Movies to save me from myself?

Or Should I reveal my guilt and trace the events backwards from there? (Okay! It would be boring to start from this.)

A Movie And Popcorn GIF - Movie Spongebob Watching GIFs

Okay!

Enough of these depressing arcs! I’ll start with the fantastic month I had in a long time. I haven’t read anything this long before and have never been involved like this before. (Well Except watching anime). It’s the time I read the 7 books of Harry Potter written by J.K.Rowling in the month of April 2021.

The Boy Who Lived

I still remember watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (the 2nd Film in the Franchise) when it got released. My brother (My Father’s brother’s son) who introduced me Dragon Ball Z was the one who made me watch Harry Potter. He didn’t force it or anything, but I watched that movie with him. I haven’t watched any English movies before. I had watched Hulk and X-Men (Tamil Dubbed DUH!) in theatres. Those were Superhero movies and I really loved them.

Then I watched Harry Potter. It didn’t impress me like those superhero movies like Hulk or X-men, but it something. I still couldn’t find it why. But after I read the books for the first time, after 15+ years since I heard of the name Harry Potter, it hit me.

Harry Potter was the first person to whom I got connected. Not like in a literal way but you know, watching a small guy becoming a member in a powerful magic school (the only school I loved at that time) kind of made me what to live that guy’s life. That right there made me the fan of Harry Potter. And on reading these books, I could able to understand more about the tragedies that happened in Harry’s life.

The empathy that all of us (probably 90s kids) towards Harry Potter who grew up watching him was so strong and that is why that franchise is so successful even after 20 years of its inception.

After that, I had the same feeling or empathy when I watched Tobey Maguire’s Spider Man. I was obsessed with spiders after that. I wanted some spider to bite me so that I can shoot webs and swing in the air. Aww! Those were the days!

Good Times Andy Samberg GIF - GoodTimes AndySamberg Esquire GIFs

Now!

You guys would’ve understood when I said empathizing with Harry Potter was what made me become his fan. Cut to my 2nd Standard. I was living in Erode at that time. I still remember going bat shit crazy when I watched the sneak peek of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban in Pogo on a Saturday Morning eating my favourite food at that time – Boori and Masala.

Then every year, I would wait for Harry Potter to release in India. I never watched any of those Harry Potter movies in the theatres, but I always got CD’s of Harry Potter Tamil Dubbed version.

In my 10th Standard, I knew Harry Potter franchise got ended. In Karur, Kalaiyarangam Theatre released Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows (Tamil Dubbed). Unfortunately, I missed seeing the movie in theatres. I regret this event till date. After the 10th grade, I got into anime and after watching Bleach and before starting Naruto, I planned to watch Harry Potter (all the 8 movies) in a row. By then, I got comfortable in watching movies with English Subtitles.

And I started my binge which became one of the first and greatest movie franchise binge in my life. (The next amazing movie series binge I had was American Pie Franchise. Totally unrelated, but thought of writing it here)

Like Harry Potter, I too became the boy who lived (as in lived the life happily not like Harry lived by escaping death) or more like started to live and become a day dreamer. 

IMiss It Its The Best Andy Samberg GIF - IMissItItsTheBest AndySamberg Esquire GIFs

Finally Starting the Journey

When corona hit us in the March of 2020, I planned to start becoming an avid reader. At that time around, I wanted to start reading the Harry Potter series as my first book series. But I got intimated by the number of books at the time. There were 7 books written with a lot of short stories.

So, I started reading Twilight series, 50 shades of Grey series and Hunger Games series in a row. (By taking a short break of watching Yu Yu Hakusho anime and HIMYM series). I planned to read Harry Potter before the end of 2020 but failed in doing that too. I came to my home from Bangalore (more like escaped) and suddenly Dan Brown got my interest, immersed myself into it totally and completed his bibliography. 

Zach Galifianakis GIF - Hangover ThumbsUp ZachGalifianakis GIFs

2021 happened. Still the world was suffering from COVID.

I thought I would return to Bangalore to work in 2021. I had plans of learning new Technology, switching my company, exploring Bangalore and the delicacies it has to offer and much more. I missed Bangalore. But I compensated that by spending time with my friends. We went to Ooty and came back in one day, climbed seven hills and came back alive, boozed hard and partied like we’re going to die the next day. 

Cat Sounds Good To Me GIF - Cat SoundsGoodToMe Cool GIFs

But those times came to a halt in the month of April. After the elections in Tamil Nadu (the craziest election. More on that in the upcoming posts), they announced a state-wide lock-down for a whole month.

So, with a full month of lock-down in the hand, I finally got time to start reading the guy who I adored so much since I was a 4-year-old kid.

April 11, Sunday 9:52 PM – I got sucked into the world of Harry Potter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps of st

முதல் முத்தம்

முதல் முத்தம்  சிறுகதை  நவீன் செல்வகுமார்   இன்று(சனி)..  தனது PULSAR150ஐ, அதிகமான கார்கள் மற்றும் சில ரேஸ் பைக்குகள் நிறுத்தப்பட்டிருந்த பார்க்கிங்கில் ஒருவழியாக கிடைத்த சிறு இடத்தில நிறுத்தினான். அன்பு தன்னுடன் அலுவலுகத்தில் பணிபுரியும் அமித்தின் ‘BACHELOR PARTY’க்கு வந்திருந்தான்.இரவு எட்டு மணிக்கு வரவேண்டிய அமித்தின் 'BEACHHOUSE'க்கு 8.20க்கு வந்தடைந்தான். அமித்தின் BEACHHOUSEஐ சில வினாடிகள் ஏக்கமாய் பார்த்துவிட்டு வீட்டினுள்ளே நுழைந்தான்.செல்வராகவன் திரைப்படங்களில் வருவதுபோல் சிவப்பு பச்சை மஞ்சள் என வண்ண விளக்குகள் மின்ன ஆங்கில ராக் பாடல்களுடன் வெளியில் இருந்து பார்த்த அமைதிக்கு நேர் மாறாக அந்த அறை இருந்தது.அறை முழுவதும் மது வாசம் வீசியது. குறைந்த ஆடைகளுடன் பெண்களும் ஆண்களும் மதுகுவளைகளை கையில் ஏந்தியபடி ஆடிக்கொண்டிருந்தார்கள்.சிலர் தெய்வநிலை அடைந்த நிம்மதியில் சோபாவிழும் தரையிலும் கிடந்தார்கள்.அமித் அன்புவை வரவேற்று மது பாட்டிலை குடுத்து உபசரித்தான்.அன்பு அதை மறுத்துவிட்டு ஒரு மூலையில் போய் அமர்ந்தான்.அன்புவிற்கு மது பிடிக்காது.மது போதைக்காக இங்கு அவன் வரவில்லை, மாது போத

The Days of Being Wild (Last Days of IBM #5 - The End)

  The Days of Being Wild In the third semester of college, I had a fight with one of my roommates. I had lost my father in the second semester of college. It was a hard time for me and my family. The only thing that I had with me at that time were my friends. It may sound cringe, but the truth is, I needed to forget it all. I never wanted my friends to feel sympathy towards me. At that age, and especially in my 3rd semester, to avoid my gloom, I started acting weirdly. More like a cracked guy at times. By doing so, no one would feel sympathy towards me right? On the other hand, they would get irritated at me or would see me as funny and laugh with me right? - This was the kind of justification I told myself. Thinking about it now makes me laugh so hard and embarrassed. Ha! But why am I writing this now? There’s a reason for it. At the end of 3rd semester, one of my roommates took advantage of me. In that sense, he showed his superiority towards me. I don’t know why h