Skip to main content

Maturity will fuck your eye sockets :( (Last Days of IBM #4)

 


The month that I had enjoyed a lot! 

I both loved and hated  September 2021 to the extremes. 

In August of 2020, we had a reunion and after that, me and my friends had a lot of fun time together. But the amount of fun I had this time brings me so much compared to the other get-togethers. It brings me so much delight by even thinking about it. It was the time when one of my college mates invited us to his new house ceremony.

At first I had my doubts. Because our class girls would come to this function. And it would be impossible for us to BE US!!! I had the same issue in February 2021 when me and my friends attended one of my class girl’s weddings. I don’t even want to think about it now. 

But!

This time, I am not alone. With me, I have my Go4 guys. NSK and Shot were coming with me (except pangu). So, I had company alright. But what happened was a totally different kind of experience. It came as a total surprise for us. 

Most of the function, I was sitting and chatting idly with my friends and it was boring. Because we weren't able to speak our minds out as we were in a family gathering. And it was all so formal as fuck. Then one of my friends went to take a pee and never came back. He was followed by the others and all of them were disappearing (not coming back) one by one.

I had shot with me and when he decided to disappear (I mean to take a leak), I too wanted to go away from there. Then me and Shot went outside and walked towards the woods. After a while, we disappeared inside the woods. We found that all my friends were sitting and chatting in the old house of my friend (who had invited us to the function). 

We had the best time there and wanted to hang out there for the rest of the day. When we heard that our class girls were going to their home, we decided to go back to the function. And our surprise didn’t end there.

NSK came late to the party and with him came the news.

We heard that there’s a water canal (கால்வாய்) near that house. That did it for us. 

And for the next 2 to 3 hours, we were transported to the heavens. 

Saying Goodbye to TCS

The best form of escapism should be traveling, I would say. Or anything we do outside to enjoy ourselves is also a form of escapism. That is why, instead of reading books, watching movies or any other indoor activities, playing in water gave us bliss. We never wanted to leave that water canal that day. It was on September 10, 2021.

And I craved that kind of escapism more.

And during that time, Uzumaki made me an offer that I can’t refuse.

As I mentioned in my previous posts, Uzumaki got an offer in Infosys and his notice period is nearing its end. His last working date in TCS (his previous company) is 15th of September. So, we planned to stay in Chennai for a week. The idea was fascinating. Due to the pandemic, we were staying in the home all the time. Even the tour and outings last one or two days. Staying in Chennai for a whole week gave the fun vibes. 

I agreed to that offer and we are all set to have fun in Chennai from September 13 (Monday) to September 19 (Sunday).

And when you expect too much of anything, it will always disappoint you. The place we had booked was a tragedy. Adding to that, the climate was also so bad. For the first two days, it was alright. But after that we weren't able to handle it any more.  But we had no choice but to stay there. So we decided to have night strolls in the city. It was bliss. Other than that, Uzumaki ordered a Doner Shawarma and I haven’t eaten that kind of Shawarma in my life. It was fun.

By the end of the week, womanizer joined us and the fun doubled. We three went and stayed with one of Uzumaki’s friends. Then we went to eat the best Beef Kizhi Parotta of a lifetime. After that we went to watch a movie called Free Guy. It was damn good. Womaniser’s uncle joined us in our fun. We went to Shang Chi. Then ro fast and furious blah blah blah…

Though it started weirdly, the journey’s end was nice. By the end of the journey, me and Uzumaki planned to do this again after one and a half months. Because in the next 40 days, my life as an IBMer was coming to an end. We spit and shook hands on it and parted our ways.

After coming home, I started reading Confessions of the Economic Hit Man and finished it in the middle of October. I planned to write about it in the blog but now I don’t feel like writing about it. After that, I read Chetan Bhagat’s new book, 400 days and as usual I didn’t like it (At least it was an okayish read for me). 

I had started developing the FLAMES web app in the month of October and whenever I wanted to remove myself from that task, I would watch James Bond movies. And I came to know that Daniel Craig’s last movie as Bond is going to be released in theatres. So, I watched Daniel Craig’s James Bond marathon and went to the theatres to see the last movie. I died orgasming. 

And now…

The time had finally come to say goodbye to IBM…

1 more week to go. I didn’t want to go to Bangalore at all. I planned to send the laptop to IBM via courier. I even informed Subash about it. So, I broke our promise and decided not to stay in Bangalore as we did in Chennai. I know I need to have this escapism to avoid my sadness. 

Before saying anything, I need to reveal one thing here. There was a reason for my sadness. It was not because of IBM. Yes it's partially true, but there was one more reason for my sadness.

One fine day, my mother suddenly had a desire. It was as follows. She wanted to quit her job and desired to move to Bangalore with me and my brother. Her quitting her job was not an issue for me. At her age, it’s better for her to quit doing a stitching job. But the problem here is her desire to move to Bangalore. So, I decided not to go to Bangalore. Because if I go to Bangalore, then she would’ve asked me to find a house there and shift within a week. So, I was hesitant about it.

And guess what had happened. Nothing went according to the plan. She asked me to go to Bangalore and find a house to stay in for the next IDK for how many years. I was not happy about it. But at least I should make the most out of it. I decided to have fun in Bangalore with my close friends one last time. 

And thus it had begun.

The Days of Being Wild! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps of st

முதல் முத்தம்

முதல் முத்தம்  சிறுகதை  நவீன் செல்வகுமார்   இன்று(சனி)..  தனது PULSAR150ஐ, அதிகமான கார்கள் மற்றும் சில ரேஸ் பைக்குகள் நிறுத்தப்பட்டிருந்த பார்க்கிங்கில் ஒருவழியாக கிடைத்த சிறு இடத்தில நிறுத்தினான். அன்பு தன்னுடன் அலுவலுகத்தில் பணிபுரியும் அமித்தின் ‘BACHELOR PARTY’க்கு வந்திருந்தான்.இரவு எட்டு மணிக்கு வரவேண்டிய அமித்தின் 'BEACHHOUSE'க்கு 8.20க்கு வந்தடைந்தான். அமித்தின் BEACHHOUSEஐ சில வினாடிகள் ஏக்கமாய் பார்த்துவிட்டு வீட்டினுள்ளே நுழைந்தான்.செல்வராகவன் திரைப்படங்களில் வருவதுபோல் சிவப்பு பச்சை மஞ்சள் என வண்ண விளக்குகள் மின்ன ஆங்கில ராக் பாடல்களுடன் வெளியில் இருந்து பார்த்த அமைதிக்கு நேர் மாறாக அந்த அறை இருந்தது.அறை முழுவதும் மது வாசம் வீசியது. குறைந்த ஆடைகளுடன் பெண்களும் ஆண்களும் மதுகுவளைகளை கையில் ஏந்தியபடி ஆடிக்கொண்டிருந்தார்கள்.சிலர் தெய்வநிலை அடைந்த நிம்மதியில் சோபாவிழும் தரையிலும் கிடந்தார்கள்.அமித் அன்புவை வரவேற்று மது பாட்டிலை குடுத்து உபசரித்தான்.அன்பு அதை மறுத்துவிட்டு ஒரு மூலையில் போய் அமர்ந்தான்.அன்புவிற்கு மது பிடிக்காது.மது போதைக்காக இங்கு அவன் வரவில்லை, மாது போத

The Days of Being Wild (Last Days of IBM #5 - The End)

  The Days of Being Wild In the third semester of college, I had a fight with one of my roommates. I had lost my father in the second semester of college. It was a hard time for me and my family. The only thing that I had with me at that time were my friends. It may sound cringe, but the truth is, I needed to forget it all. I never wanted my friends to feel sympathy towards me. At that age, and especially in my 3rd semester, to avoid my gloom, I started acting weirdly. More like a cracked guy at times. By doing so, no one would feel sympathy towards me right? On the other hand, they would get irritated at me or would see me as funny and laugh with me right? - This was the kind of justification I told myself. Thinking about it now makes me laugh so hard and embarrassed. Ha! But why am I writing this now? There’s a reason for it. At the end of 3rd semester, one of my roommates took advantage of me. In that sense, he showed his superiority towards me. I don’t know why h