Skip to main content

OTAKU Vamsam Daww!!! (Last Days of IBM #3)

Time to go full on OTAKU MODE!!!

Ahhhh!!!

The days of preparing for the interviews were over!

It was finally time to have some fun. 

Reading Manga is fun! Reading a fighting manga is double the fun!! And reading a gory fighting manga is triple the fun!!!

So, I picked up Attack on Titan to read.

Attack on Titan is more of a political manga than a fighting manga. Since it had a lot of mysteries, it made it even more enjoyable for reading the manga. When you have a lot of mysteries, then it will build you double the amount of expectations. And TBH, this manga didn’t live up to its expectations. Especially the climax.

I hated the climax to the core.

It was a disappointment. I know. It was not a great treat for my boredom. I thought that the companies would give more work to the people who are in their notice period. But it didn’t happen for me at all. The only work I had was to give KT to the newly joined people. And here and there, I had prepared and appeared for other interviews.

Thus procrastination started to bloom and along with the disappointment caused by AOT, my inner Otaku got hurt badly. But not for long! Something special had happened all of a sudden.

Let me travel in time now. 1 year ago…

When I was enjoying my isolation in Bangalore in 2020, (it was the time I started watching Fairy Tail) I was watching and reading anime news frequently. This is a habit of mine. Whenever I indulge myself in any anime or manga, I would make a list of anime/manga to watch/read. But I never followed it. So, at that time, I was watching anime news and reading anime podcasts to catch up with the current trend of anime and manga.

And that’s when I found a reddit post about the Demon Slayer anime. I had watched the first season of Demon Slayer before the pandemic (in Jan 2020 I guess) and I loved the anime. And I heard that the second season would be released as a movie. That reddit post was about that movie.

This is the post: Bring Kimetsu no Yaiba (Demon Slayer) Movie to Indian theaters.

As the title says, it’s a petition. If we reach 50k votes, the movie would be screened in Indian theatres. 10k people had already signed the petition. It still needed 40k more. It was weird. I never thought this would change anything. Later on, I surfed the internet and found out that this had happened before.

Yes!

For DBS: Broly movie, they created a petition and after reaching the required votes, that movie was screened in Indian theatres. It gave me some home. I signed the petition and asked my friends to sign it as well. And I would check it from time to time.

Fast forward 1 year…

I haven’t watched/read any anime/manga for a lot of days. After reading 25 Volumes of Detective Conan in the month of January, I stopped being an Otaku (Except watching and reading both One Piece anime and manga). And while reading Attack on Titan, I started to read Otaku related news as usual. Then it suddenly struck me. I went back to see the Petition.

And I saw the Screenshot below.

Gommala, my inner Otaku, attained an orgasm to a level that it had never reached before.

It was released on the 2nd week of August and I saw this in the last week of August. After finishing Attack on Titan, I planned to see this movie at Fun Mall in Coimbatore. Initially I was planning on watching it alone. But later, I included SJ and NSK for the party. They didn’t like it but I totally enjoyed the full experience of watching the film in the theatres.

I watched the movie on August 30, 2021 - A beautiful Monday. 

I never expected to see a huge crowd in the theatres. And it's not even the first week. 

With that, one month of my notice period came to an end. 2 more months to go. And a sudden sadness engulfed my heart. And I need to find other escapisms to evade my glee. 

I thought of picking up some books to read. As per my plan that I had written in the January of that year, I still haven’t started the witcher series. But I wasn't able to bring myself to start it. I was doing one webapp project at that time. So, mostly I spent my time doing that. And even doing that is not escapism. It's just a way to kill time during my work hours. I even stopped watching movies. I wanted something else as an escapism.

And September gave me those escapisms in the form of travel!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps of st

முதல் முத்தம்

முதல் முத்தம்  சிறுகதை  நவீன் செல்வகுமார்   இன்று(சனி)..  தனது PULSAR150ஐ, அதிகமான கார்கள் மற்றும் சில ரேஸ் பைக்குகள் நிறுத்தப்பட்டிருந்த பார்க்கிங்கில் ஒருவழியாக கிடைத்த சிறு இடத்தில நிறுத்தினான். அன்பு தன்னுடன் அலுவலுகத்தில் பணிபுரியும் அமித்தின் ‘BACHELOR PARTY’க்கு வந்திருந்தான்.இரவு எட்டு மணிக்கு வரவேண்டிய அமித்தின் 'BEACHHOUSE'க்கு 8.20க்கு வந்தடைந்தான். அமித்தின் BEACHHOUSEஐ சில வினாடிகள் ஏக்கமாய் பார்த்துவிட்டு வீட்டினுள்ளே நுழைந்தான்.செல்வராகவன் திரைப்படங்களில் வருவதுபோல் சிவப்பு பச்சை மஞ்சள் என வண்ண விளக்குகள் மின்ன ஆங்கில ராக் பாடல்களுடன் வெளியில் இருந்து பார்த்த அமைதிக்கு நேர் மாறாக அந்த அறை இருந்தது.அறை முழுவதும் மது வாசம் வீசியது. குறைந்த ஆடைகளுடன் பெண்களும் ஆண்களும் மதுகுவளைகளை கையில் ஏந்தியபடி ஆடிக்கொண்டிருந்தார்கள்.சிலர் தெய்வநிலை அடைந்த நிம்மதியில் சோபாவிழும் தரையிலும் கிடந்தார்கள்.அமித் அன்புவை வரவேற்று மது பாட்டிலை குடுத்து உபசரித்தான்.அன்பு அதை மறுத்துவிட்டு ஒரு மூலையில் போய் அமர்ந்தான்.அன்புவிற்கு மது பிடிக்காது.மது போதைக்காக இங்கு அவன் வரவில்லை, மாது போத

The Days of Being Wild (Last Days of IBM #5 - The End)

  The Days of Being Wild In the third semester of college, I had a fight with one of my roommates. I had lost my father in the second semester of college. It was a hard time for me and my family. The only thing that I had with me at that time were my friends. It may sound cringe, but the truth is, I needed to forget it all. I never wanted my friends to feel sympathy towards me. At that age, and especially in my 3rd semester, to avoid my gloom, I started acting weirdly. More like a cracked guy at times. By doing so, no one would feel sympathy towards me right? On the other hand, they would get irritated at me or would see me as funny and laugh with me right? - This was the kind of justification I told myself. Thinking about it now makes me laugh so hard and embarrassed. Ha! But why am I writing this now? There’s a reason for it. At the end of 3rd semester, one of my roommates took advantage of me. In that sense, he showed his superiority towards me. I don’t know why h