Skip to main content

OTAKU Vamsam Daww!!! (Last Days of IBM #3)

Time to go full on OTAKU MODE!!!

Ahhhh!!!

The days of preparing for the interviews were over!

It was finally time to have some fun. 

Reading Manga is fun! Reading a fighting manga is double the fun!! And reading a gory fighting manga is triple the fun!!!

So, I picked up Attack on Titan to read.

Attack on Titan is more of a political manga than a fighting manga. Since it had a lot of mysteries, it made it even more enjoyable for reading the manga. When you have a lot of mysteries, then it will build you double the amount of expectations. And TBH, this manga didn’t live up to its expectations. Especially the climax.

I hated the climax to the core.

It was a disappointment. I know. It was not a great treat for my boredom. I thought that the companies would give more work to the people who are in their notice period. But it didn’t happen for me at all. The only work I had was to give KT to the newly joined people. And here and there, I had prepared and appeared for other interviews.

Thus procrastination started to bloom and along with the disappointment caused by AOT, my inner Otaku got hurt badly. But not for long! Something special had happened all of a sudden.

Let me travel in time now. 1 year ago…

When I was enjoying my isolation in Bangalore in 2020, (it was the time I started watching Fairy Tail) I was watching and reading anime news frequently. This is a habit of mine. Whenever I indulge myself in any anime or manga, I would make a list of anime/manga to watch/read. But I never followed it. So, at that time, I was watching anime news and reading anime podcasts to catch up with the current trend of anime and manga.

And that’s when I found a reddit post about the Demon Slayer anime. I had watched the first season of Demon Slayer before the pandemic (in Jan 2020 I guess) and I loved the anime. And I heard that the second season would be released as a movie. That reddit post was about that movie.

This is the post: Bring Kimetsu no Yaiba (Demon Slayer) Movie to Indian theaters.

As the title says, it’s a petition. If we reach 50k votes, the movie would be screened in Indian theatres. 10k people had already signed the petition. It still needed 40k more. It was weird. I never thought this would change anything. Later on, I surfed the internet and found out that this had happened before.

Yes!

For DBS: Broly movie, they created a petition and after reaching the required votes, that movie was screened in Indian theatres. It gave me some home. I signed the petition and asked my friends to sign it as well. And I would check it from time to time.

Fast forward 1 year…

I haven’t watched/read any anime/manga for a lot of days. After reading 25 Volumes of Detective Conan in the month of January, I stopped being an Otaku (Except watching and reading both One Piece anime and manga). And while reading Attack on Titan, I started to read Otaku related news as usual. Then it suddenly struck me. I went back to see the Petition.

And I saw the Screenshot below.

Gommala, my inner Otaku, attained an orgasm to a level that it had never reached before.

It was released on the 2nd week of August and I saw this in the last week of August. After finishing Attack on Titan, I planned to see this movie at Fun Mall in Coimbatore. Initially I was planning on watching it alone. But later, I included SJ and NSK for the party. They didn’t like it but I totally enjoyed the full experience of watching the film in the theatres.

I watched the movie on August 30, 2021 - A beautiful Monday. 

I never expected to see a huge crowd in the theatres. And it's not even the first week. 

With that, one month of my notice period came to an end. 2 more months to go. And a sudden sadness engulfed my heart. And I need to find other escapisms to evade my glee. 

I thought of picking up some books to read. As per my plan that I had written in the January of that year, I still haven’t started the witcher series. But I wasn't able to bring myself to start it. I was doing one webapp project at that time. So, mostly I spent my time doing that. And even doing that is not escapism. It's just a way to kill time during my work hours. I even stopped watching movies. I wanted something else as an escapism.

And September gave me those escapisms in the form of travel!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25TH POST!!!! Beyond the Clouds (EOI #7)

Beyond the Clouds I couldn’t able to sleep that night. I ended up dozing off at around 3 AM. It was my mallu friend who woke me up. I don’t know why (actually, the question to be asked is IDK how), I developed a habit of not waking up to my alarm. I have tried changing all the tunes, but the sound of my phone’s alarm never reaches my ear. I woke up, I didn’t change anything. I have planned for this day in a perfect manner. All I did was - had a warm bath, drank a hot strong coffee with a samosa for breakfast. Packed my bags, left my keys in the PG and for one last time, with a heavy-hearted sigh, I left my PG for good. The Cab was waiting for me and within an hour, I reached the airport. I have never been to an airport before, but Bangalore airport was a massive one. I had no clue what to do there. The first thing I did was, I took my printed copy of boarding pass. After a long queue for checking the body temperature and my AADHAR card, I entered inside the airport.   ...

Dravidian Otaku's First Year Anniversary

  It’s been a year since I started writing my blog! February 1, 2020 I had completed reading the first book of Twilight book series. I had my Netflix subscription back then and watched a lot of movies and series in the month of January 2020. Since it’s the beginning of a new year, I wanted to record all the movies and series I would be watching. So, I created an excel sheet to record it. Then suddenly, I lost interest in recording it. This happens always to me. I would never stick to something for a long time ever before. But then I started reading Twilight and it did something to me. Watching a 2 hours movie is one thing but, reading a book for a week is another thing. It would transport you to a world you’d never experienced before. This may feel like exaggerating but, trust me, you have to feel it to know it. I wanted to say something about it. So, I created to a blog to review the movies or series I have watched and books that I would read. Initially I had help from B...

Boy-Girl Group makes me sick!

Boy-Girl Group makes me sick! Talking to girls is one thing but grouping with girls is another thing. I hate grouping with girls. I have experienced a lot before and whenever this happens – Its cringey – EVERYTIME!!! I even tried to be a part of this boys’ and girls’ gang. The first time was in the second semester of our college. It was a group of boys’ and girls’ where the boys protect the girls.  They are the FIREWALLS and I was a FIREWALL on those days. But being a firewall means you must call the girls in that gang as sisters. I can’t call a girl sister when I am dreaming wet dreams about her.  Ahnn??!?!?!?!  Well I am not sure if that’s a bad behavior or a good behavior. Is it misogynistic? Or is it being human? But I am sure it’s ME! Its how I am inside. It’ll never go away. I’ll never call a girl of my age as sister. Basically, I am a horny guy and I came to the realization that it’s not my kind of place. So, I resigned myself from the FIREWALL.   **E...