Skip to main content

Escapisms of March

 https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0a/0a/58/0a0a5891dcf37396600f19a3875085dc.jpg

Greatest of the escapisms and beyond

This March I have watched a lot of great movies. Of course, those movies I watched were after the disaster – Nenjam Marapathillai.

It was the second Friday of March.

I had just finished reading the கருவாச்சி காவியம் and I didn’t like it as I thought I would. I thought of holding a bit before starting to read a new book right away. So, on that Friday, I planned to watch a movie.

I had a Malayalam movie called Munnariyippu in the watchlist of my Letterbox account. 

https://bloodybrilliant.in/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Munnariyippe-1.png

I haven’t downloaded that movie, but I didn’t want to watch any other movie at that time. I had read a lot of good reviews about that movie and it started growing inside me. So, I was searching for any OTT platform that would offer me to watch this movie and I found this movie in Jio Cinemas App. The only use of my Jio Sim (which is my secondary Sim; my primary Sim is Airtel) is that I can use Jio Apps. In my area, I don’t get network coverage (or signal) for Jio Sims.

Anyway, I watched this movie with the help of my Jio Sim and it’s a one-and-a-half-hour thriller movie. And till the last 5 minutes, this movie doesn’t feel like a thriller movie. And the end just creeped me out. One of the best endings I have watched in a while.

I spent my second weekend of March by watching the movies that I had downloaded already. But I was glad I had chosen the great ones out of the movies I had downloaded.

And it feels just bizarre that I had picked a feel-good film, then a hard-hitting film and at last a horror flick with a romantic twist to it. 

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BN2MyNWZlMmEtOWYwZi00ZWY3LTg3NDYtYmNjZWRkOGE3ZTlmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODY2NTk4NTA@._V1_.jpg

Sudani from Nigeria is a Malayalam feel-good film I picked that Saturday afternoon and at the end, tears where running down my eyes. It’s one of those movies where you would feel satisfied after watching it. I mean truly satisfied. 

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f3/15/21/f315215c936d9f12debe0874cea1927f.jpg

The Colour Purple is a kind of film that gives such vibes which I wanted கருவாச்சி காவியம் to give me. It’s a woman empowerment flick and a proper one. I am not a great judge of these kind of films but if it hits you, then it’s a great film.

 

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/75/bd/69/75bd69436cc6ad829e329ed1bd693294.jpg

And the last one is a film that I didn’t expect to become one of my favourite films of all time. The film’s name is Let the Right One in a Russian movie. It’s a vampire story and it is just that. It didn’t show any fantasy, didn’t show any triangle fuck story, didn’t show any young adult troupes that would cringe you out. It’s a simple love story that ends in a tragedy. Bliss!

My movie streak didn’t end just like that. The Next day, I went on watching 5 films in a row. 

 https://alternativemovieposters.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/ajinkyajadhav_JALLIKATTU.jpg

I re-watched Lijo Joseph Pellichery’s JALLIKATTU after 3 years, I guess. This time around, I loved the movie more than the last time I had watched it. I usually hate re-watches, but I really liked this re-watch. 

 https://s3.amazonaws.com/criterion-production/films/982571dae8ebca5af9f1a1d2757b90fa/uOXeswAxDn2Ua5It0skccwApkGd9B6_large.jpg

Then I watched Richard Linkletter’s BOYHOOD. And this too become one of my favourite films of all time. I don’t want to brag but, as I said before, I hate re-watches. And if a movie makes me to watch it again, then it qualifies to be in my favourite films list. And BOYHOOD is one such movie.

The mood which Richard Linkletter produces in his movies is so unique that it makes me easily to immerse in his world. I would simply watch his movie any number of times and would just chill myself.

 

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e9/ec/63/e9ec63b1843275d39d9a173bab5e1a26.jpghttps://i.jeded.com/i/weekend-at-bernies.169465.jpghttps://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/proxy/AVvXsEgSn9jtOQ5tAjysu4FlhDZho0LaDmwITKKA58LAi31p9_aa40wIiKDwWysnQoBQ91ZZ89GqBr70KetsxIAfq1VTi6iAM6pBQXXvLWBSCnrTcuC-KZvbtBNGmX1u5qrT7AyJ1ZPlYIxsibnJ0Rlm8xPVofKH6llqaNPDdDvVJoWIZhvDPw=

After letting out a Catharsis watching Boyhood, I wanted to watch some comedies. It’s been a while since I watched comedy flicks. And I picked three comedies suggested to me by my friend Uzumaki – Palm Springs, Weekend at Bernie’s I and Weekend at Bernie’s II.

These movies where not just comedies but with a weird element added to it. Palm Springs involves time travelling (or time looping to precise) and it’s my first time watching a comedy flick that deals with confusing time loop theories. Weekend at Bernie’s is a comedy which involves 2 guys and a dead body.

YOU gave me the Dexter Vibes

The last two weeks of March went so fast. After reading the two Tamil books about sex, I watched few movies on the third weekend of march. Compared to watching 8 movies on the 2nd weekend of March, I have only watched 3 movies on the next weekend. 

https://images.indianexpress.com/2018/05/ee-ma-yau-moive-review-1200.jpg

On Saturday, I have watched Ee.Ma.Yau which is another Lijo Joseph Pelicherry’s movie. It is by far the best movie of Lijo I have ever watched. Loved it. The next day I have watched Unda and Another Round. (I am the Martin in the climax raa fuckers)

ALL THESE THREE MOVIES ARE FUCKING MASTERPIECES!!!!!!!

https://images.cinemaexpress.com/uploads/user/imagelibrary/2019/6/14/original/Unda_poster-Mammootty.jpeg 

https://cdn.entertainment-focus.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/22100049/anotherroundfeat-1024x576.jpg

Finally, it’s the last week of March.

A year back, after I read the 50 Shades trilogy, I came across this tv show called YOU. At the time, I heard a lot of reviews as the second season of YOU got released on Netflix. It’s a young adult book series and when I heard that the main Protagonist is a stalker and kind of Dexter like character, I got hooked.

Then I came to know that the TV show had been adapted from a two-book series written by Caroline Kepnes. Suddenly I put those two books in the TBR. Also, I had other books in my TBR that I had wanted to read. So, I didn’t get a chance to read YOU at that time.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4f/36/2b/4f362b0b8bc54c3af74cba859a35c7bc.jpg

And its been 1 year since I TBR’d it. Its time to pick it up those two books.

And those two books were just meh for me. I liked the second book (Hidden Bodies) a lot better than the first book. It’s a Meh book but the TV Show was amazing.

The weird thing is I liked the first season of the TV show and the second season is just Meh! But when it came to book, I liked the second book than the first book. Its because how the ending of the first book got changed in the TV Show. It was amazing. The second book and the second season were totally different stories with the same characters. And I didn’t like that change. I liked the second season of YOU because it had Victoria Pedretti. I love her so much! Ah!

At the time of writing this post, the third book of the adventures of Joe has been released. I knew this even before started reading the book. I planned to read the third book too but after reading the first book, I didn’t want to read the second one either. Then I read the second book and I liked it so much which made me to think about buying the next book. But the third book costed nearly 1000 as it has recently released one and not yet distributed in India.

For now, I have just TBR’d the third book and if I have the mood and only after it has been distributed in India would I think about reading it.

And the March month of 2021 got ended.

Oh Wait!

I forgot to write about my Trekking to Vellingiri hills.

Yes! It’ll be my next post!

Comments

  1. Waiting for your next post dwarkii!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you would like my next post. Ungappan shivan ah konjam senju viturken adutha post la!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps of st

முதல் முத்தம்

முதல் முத்தம்  சிறுகதை  நவீன் செல்வகுமார்   இன்று(சனி)..  தனது PULSAR150ஐ, அதிகமான கார்கள் மற்றும் சில ரேஸ் பைக்குகள் நிறுத்தப்பட்டிருந்த பார்க்கிங்கில் ஒருவழியாக கிடைத்த சிறு இடத்தில நிறுத்தினான். அன்பு தன்னுடன் அலுவலுகத்தில் பணிபுரியும் அமித்தின் ‘BACHELOR PARTY’க்கு வந்திருந்தான்.இரவு எட்டு மணிக்கு வரவேண்டிய அமித்தின் 'BEACHHOUSE'க்கு 8.20க்கு வந்தடைந்தான். அமித்தின் BEACHHOUSEஐ சில வினாடிகள் ஏக்கமாய் பார்த்துவிட்டு வீட்டினுள்ளே நுழைந்தான்.செல்வராகவன் திரைப்படங்களில் வருவதுபோல் சிவப்பு பச்சை மஞ்சள் என வண்ண விளக்குகள் மின்ன ஆங்கில ராக் பாடல்களுடன் வெளியில் இருந்து பார்த்த அமைதிக்கு நேர் மாறாக அந்த அறை இருந்தது.அறை முழுவதும் மது வாசம் வீசியது. குறைந்த ஆடைகளுடன் பெண்களும் ஆண்களும் மதுகுவளைகளை கையில் ஏந்தியபடி ஆடிக்கொண்டிருந்தார்கள்.சிலர் தெய்வநிலை அடைந்த நிம்மதியில் சோபாவிழும் தரையிலும் கிடந்தார்கள்.அமித் அன்புவை வரவேற்று மது பாட்டிலை குடுத்து உபசரித்தான்.அன்பு அதை மறுத்துவிட்டு ஒரு மூலையில் போய் அமர்ந்தான்.அன்புவிற்கு மது பிடிக்காது.மது போதைக்காக இங்கு அவன் வரவில்லை, மாது போத

The Days of Being Wild (Last Days of IBM #5 - The End)

  The Days of Being Wild In the third semester of college, I had a fight with one of my roommates. I had lost my father in the second semester of college. It was a hard time for me and my family. The only thing that I had with me at that time were my friends. It may sound cringe, but the truth is, I needed to forget it all. I never wanted my friends to feel sympathy towards me. At that age, and especially in my 3rd semester, to avoid my gloom, I started acting weirdly. More like a cracked guy at times. By doing so, no one would feel sympathy towards me right? On the other hand, they would get irritated at me or would see me as funny and laugh with me right? - This was the kind of justification I told myself. Thinking about it now makes me laugh so hard and embarrassed. Ha! But why am I writing this now? There’s a reason for it. At the end of 3rd semester, one of my roommates took advantage of me. In that sense, he showed his superiority towards me. I don’t know why h