Skip to main content

I TREKKED 7 FUCKING HILLSSS!!!!

 https://www.blog.123coimbatore.com/uploads/ckeditor-files/the-temple-was-really.jpg

Vellingiri Vettai

The world still is suffering from the COVID virus.

So, my decision to trek a hill may be bad decision. I convinced myself that the people who trek Vellingiri hills would be full of Stamina and immunity against the CORONA VIRUS. I agree it’s a half ass-ed excuse for trekking at a dangerous period in human history. Well, if the virus spread is that large amount, then the government would be never allowed anyone to do the trekking.

So, thinking it’s safe, me and my friends have planned to go for the trekking.

Homer And Apu GIF - Homer Apu TheSimpsons GIFs

Even before the advent of this COVID virus, when I was in Bangalore (that had become a dream now), me boys were talking about trekking the Vellingiri hills.

This is my second time trekking the Vellingiri hills. The first time I trekked was before 2 years on March of 2019. After I done with my trekking the first time, I promised myself that I would never ever in my life would trek Vellingiri again. It took me two years to break my promise.

What is the big deal? Is trekking Vellingiri dangerous? Why do one fear about trekking the Vellingiri hills?

Well, for one thing, its not like we will be trekking only one hill. WE HAVE TO CLIMB UP AND DOWN 7 HILLS.

S-E-V-E-N!

F-U-C-K-I-N-G!

H-I-L-L-S!

Scare Cat GIF - Scare Cat Coko GIFs

In 2019, me and 5 of my friends trekked Vellingiri hills and I was the second to reach the down and first to climb down. See, I had stamina at that time because I would go to my college from my rented house by walk. It’ll take 30 to 45 minutes of time by walk and to avoid bus charges, I would just walk. And I was on diet (not willingly) and maintained my body fat to perfect levels.

Coming back to 2021, it’s the age of Work from Home Baby!!!

 Yeah Baby Austin Powers GIF - YeahBaby Yeah AustinPowers GIFs

I would just sit for 9 hours straight (that’s a bit of exaggeration though) and to be convenience, the bed is just 2 feet from where I sit and work.

Its Eat – Sit – Type – Sleep – Repeat!

In my college days, my weight was 70 kgs and when I started working, it got 72 kgs I guess. But now, last time I checked was 3 weeks back, I am 81.8 kgs. As a 175 cm guy, my BMI shows 26.8 which indicates that I am overweight.

Well fuck it! If I have interest in trekking, weight doesn’t matter. But still, I had a fear lingering inside me.

Once a legend said,” மனம் இருந்தால் மார்கபந்து!” And on April 2nd at exactly 8:00 PM, we started climbing the first hill of Vellingiri.

DO or DIE

Last time, on 2019, we reached Vellingiri by taking bus. After reaching Ukkadam, we walked to prakasham where we caught the bus (I forgot the bus number) to Vellingiri. But this time, we had enough bikes to travel.

We six (Me, NSK, Shot’uh, Pangu, Gundan and lovely) had 3 vehicles and 2 took one vehicle.

SJ accompanied us for half of our journey and before reaching Vellingiri, we stopped at a hotel to eat. And that was my first mistake. I am an atheist and I don’t have these beliefs in not eating nonveg before going to temple. So, I order Fish Fry for the six of us. But some of us followed that ritual and so, I ended up eating a lot.

I can’t able to understand this logic of eating nonveg before going to a temple. Then what about கிடா வெட்டு? (Goat Killing Ceremony? Meh! Who cares?). If they say that eating heavy food before trekking would upset our stomach, then that’s a logic. I didn’t intend to eat a lot of heavy food. I just wanted to fill my stomach with a lot of protein (IT’S A FUCKING FISH DA FUCKERS) so that it’ll give me my stamina while trekking. Due to this illogical belief, I ended up eating more. 

Eat Kirby GIF - Eat Kirby Anime GIFs

Anyhow, we would reach the top of the hill after many hours and by the time of reaching the top, our food would’ve got digested. So, the ritual doesn’t even make sense. Well, as I eat a lot, my stomach did get upset and the theist motherfuckers would say that that was because of the wrath of god as I didn’t follow the ritual.

Well fuck them!

Fun Fact Time

Before starting to write my adventure, I would like to share some of the fun facts on climbing these seven hills. When we climbed last time, we had been warned by some of our other classmates that there was a rumour about tigers were seen by someone while climbing this hill. But the truth is that the government would allow people to trek the Vellingiri hills for only 3 months (March, April and May) and during these months, no animals would wander freely because of the heat or something. But if summer rain starts to pour, then snakes would come out of its habitat and would wreak havoc it seems. And fortunately, it didn’t rain in both our trekking jouneys.

Comments

  1. Food tha mukiyyam namakku dwarkii!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kovil poradhukku munaadi Non Veg Saapuduradhu Adha vida mukkiyam 😎😎

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

25TH POST!!!! Beyond the Clouds (EOI #7)

Beyond the Clouds I couldn’t able to sleep that night. I ended up dozing off at around 3 AM. It was my mallu friend who woke me up. I don’t know why (actually, the question to be asked is IDK how), I developed a habit of not waking up to my alarm. I have tried changing all the tunes, but the sound of my phone’s alarm never reaches my ear. I woke up, I didn’t change anything. I have planned for this day in a perfect manner. All I did was - had a warm bath, drank a hot strong coffee with a samosa for breakfast. Packed my bags, left my keys in the PG and for one last time, with a heavy-hearted sigh, I left my PG for good. The Cab was waiting for me and within an hour, I reached the airport. I have never been to an airport before, but Bangalore airport was a massive one. I had no clue what to do there. The first thing I did was, I took my printed copy of boarding pass. After a long queue for checking the body temperature and my AADHAR card, I entered inside the airport.   ...

Dravidian Otaku's First Year Anniversary

  It’s been a year since I started writing my blog! February 1, 2020 I had completed reading the first book of Twilight book series. I had my Netflix subscription back then and watched a lot of movies and series in the month of January 2020. Since it’s the beginning of a new year, I wanted to record all the movies and series I would be watching. So, I created an excel sheet to record it. Then suddenly, I lost interest in recording it. This happens always to me. I would never stick to something for a long time ever before. But then I started reading Twilight and it did something to me. Watching a 2 hours movie is one thing but, reading a book for a week is another thing. It would transport you to a world you’d never experienced before. This may feel like exaggerating but, trust me, you have to feel it to know it. I wanted to say something about it. So, I created to a blog to review the movies or series I have watched and books that I would read. Initially I had help from B...

Boy-Girl Group makes me sick!

Boy-Girl Group makes me sick! Talking to girls is one thing but grouping with girls is another thing. I hate grouping with girls. I have experienced a lot before and whenever this happens – Its cringey – EVERYTIME!!! I even tried to be a part of this boys’ and girls’ gang. The first time was in the second semester of our college. It was a group of boys’ and girls’ where the boys protect the girls.  They are the FIREWALLS and I was a FIREWALL on those days. But being a firewall means you must call the girls in that gang as sisters. I can’t call a girl sister when I am dreaming wet dreams about her.  Ahnn??!?!?!?!  Well I am not sure if that’s a bad behavior or a good behavior. Is it misogynistic? Or is it being human? But I am sure it’s ME! Its how I am inside. It’ll never go away. I’ll never call a girl of my age as sister. Basically, I am a horny guy and I came to the realization that it’s not my kind of place. So, I resigned myself from the FIREWALL.   **E...