Skip to main content

Ending the February 2021 romantically

 https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ey6f-wJUYAIwfIe.jpg

Ending the February 2021 romantically

My own Enlightener – The Great Uzumaki suggested to watch this show. At first, I had my doubts and hesitated to watch this show.

The main reason for my hesitation is IT’S A FUCKING VIJAY TV SHOW.

Once upon a time, Vijay TV used to give quality content like Lollu Sabha, Nandu Sindu Vandu, the Office, Kana Kaanum Kaalangal and much more. Later it started to become cringe-y. So, I ignored this show initially.

I used to watch Facebook videos and Insta Reels to kill my time sometimes. And in those videos, I would watch clips of Cook with Comali. Over the time, I started liking those clips and decided to watch the show.

The first season of the show had already got over and second season of the show has been airing now. Nearly 20 episodes of Season 2 had been done. Each episode is a one hour long. So, I decided to skip the first season and planned to watch the second season from the start.

And that’s how my amazing journey of watching Cook with Comali began.

Vijay TV usually copies the concept of shows and it would do the Tamil Version constantly. Shows like Super Singer, Neengalum vellalaam our Kodi, Bigg Boss and much more were all rip offs of shows that aired in a foreign channel or other networks. But Cook with Comali is a VIJAY TV ORIGINAL show.

I started to attach myself so much with the Cooks and Comalis of this show. It’s like watching HIMYM and falling in love with the characters of that show. Just like that, I became fan of Pugazh, Sivaangi, Bala, Manimegalai, Sarath, Sunitha, Baba Master and the Judges (You too Rakshan!! You too). Even the Brother Sister Cringe of Pugazh and Sivaangi didn’t affect me. That’s how impactful this show became to me.

I finally caught up with the season 2 of this show and started waiting for the weekends. 

Sailor Moon Usagi GIF - SailorMoon Usagi DayDreaming GIFs

After getting caught up with this show, I resumed reading the Train to Pakistan and finished it on the fourth and the last week of February.

Before that, I planned to watch all the romantic films (in addition to some thriller flicks) I had saved in the watchlist of my letterbox account.

In the third weekend of February, I had watched 4 films. 2 Crime thrillers and 2 Love films.

https://img.onmanorama.com/content/dam/mm/en/entertainment/entertainment-news/images/2020/8/4/love-rajisha-shine.jpg

Love – The name of the movie may be Love but not it’s genre. In January, I had watched June and became fan of Rajisha Vijayan. So, I decided to watch this movie. I thought this would be a romantic film but guess what! It’s a mindfucking thriller. Woah the climax twists! Brings me the chills every time I think about it!

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BM2RiZDVjYWEtZGNhYy00ZGU0LTgwZjMtZTJmNmMyNGQ5NGYyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjY1MTg4Mzc@._V1_.jpg

Drishyam 2 – One of the most anticipated films of this year. Usually second part of all the great movie franchise would be somewhat worse than the first one. But it is not the case with Drishyam 2. Mohan Lal is a beast when it comes to acting. The film lagged a bit in the middle, but the climax had blown my mind away.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/76/91/60/76916099d00d37201fcab750525093e8.jpg

Before Sunrise – Pure Bliss. I am thinking of writing a separate post for the Before Trilogy. So, not gonna write anything here.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMjA1MTc0Mjc4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjU5Nzk4NjE@._V1_.jpg

Tamasha – I had high expectations on this movie, but I didn’t like it. It felt like a fucked-up version of Mayakkam Enna.

Then I finished reading the Train to Pakistan on a Monday (Fourth and Final week of February) and started reading Kallikaatu Idhigaasam by Vairamuthu. I didn’t finish reading this book by the end of February and ended reading it on the first week of March. So, I would be writing about it on the upcoming posts.

Then on the last weekend of February, I had watched three movies.

https://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Vijay_Sethupathi_Madonna_Sebastian_Kadhalum_Kadanthu_Pogum_Movie_First_Look_Poster_765756.jpg

Kadhalum Kadanthu Pogum – A re-watch. When it got released on 2016, I was in the first year of my college. This movie always gives me the nostalgia of those times. I had watched it twice in the theatres. This was the first movie I have watched after coming out of college hostel and renting a room with my friends. And this movie made me a VJS Kanni (which I started to hate later in my college days). Calling this movie, a poetic flick would be apt.

https://images.fandango.com/ImageRenderer/400/0/redesign/static/img/default_poster.png/0/images/masterrepository/fandango/157491/Before%20Sunset.jpg

Before Sunset – Yet another blissful film.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMDVkMDRkMzItN2EyYS00ZTI5LTljYzgtNzRmZDQ0OTQ3M2VjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODk4OTc3MTY@._V1_.jpg

The White Tiger – It’s a movie adapted from the book of the same name it seems. I haven’t read the book, but I liked the movie. I am not sure how to judge this movie or express my feelings towards this movie but, I can say I enjoyed watching this movie. I always love a good satire. When it has dark humour mixed with it, I would enjoy it totally. I had such experience with this movie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps of st

முதல் முத்தம்

முதல் முத்தம்  சிறுகதை  நவீன் செல்வகுமார்   இன்று(சனி)..  தனது PULSAR150ஐ, அதிகமான கார்கள் மற்றும் சில ரேஸ் பைக்குகள் நிறுத்தப்பட்டிருந்த பார்க்கிங்கில் ஒருவழியாக கிடைத்த சிறு இடத்தில நிறுத்தினான். அன்பு தன்னுடன் அலுவலுகத்தில் பணிபுரியும் அமித்தின் ‘BACHELOR PARTY’க்கு வந்திருந்தான்.இரவு எட்டு மணிக்கு வரவேண்டிய அமித்தின் 'BEACHHOUSE'க்கு 8.20க்கு வந்தடைந்தான். அமித்தின் BEACHHOUSEஐ சில வினாடிகள் ஏக்கமாய் பார்த்துவிட்டு வீட்டினுள்ளே நுழைந்தான்.செல்வராகவன் திரைப்படங்களில் வருவதுபோல் சிவப்பு பச்சை மஞ்சள் என வண்ண விளக்குகள் மின்ன ஆங்கில ராக் பாடல்களுடன் வெளியில் இருந்து பார்த்த அமைதிக்கு நேர் மாறாக அந்த அறை இருந்தது.அறை முழுவதும் மது வாசம் வீசியது. குறைந்த ஆடைகளுடன் பெண்களும் ஆண்களும் மதுகுவளைகளை கையில் ஏந்தியபடி ஆடிக்கொண்டிருந்தார்கள்.சிலர் தெய்வநிலை அடைந்த நிம்மதியில் சோபாவிழும் தரையிலும் கிடந்தார்கள்.அமித் அன்புவை வரவேற்று மது பாட்டிலை குடுத்து உபசரித்தான்.அன்பு அதை மறுத்துவிட்டு ஒரு மூலையில் போய் அமர்ந்தான்.அன்புவிற்கு மது பிடிக்காது.மது போதைக்காக இங்கு அவன் வரவில்லை, மாது போத

The Days of Being Wild (Last Days of IBM #5 - The End)

  The Days of Being Wild In the third semester of college, I had a fight with one of my roommates. I had lost my father in the second semester of college. It was a hard time for me and my family. The only thing that I had with me at that time were my friends. It may sound cringe, but the truth is, I needed to forget it all. I never wanted my friends to feel sympathy towards me. At that age, and especially in my 3rd semester, to avoid my gloom, I started acting weirdly. More like a cracked guy at times. By doing so, no one would feel sympathy towards me right? On the other hand, they would get irritated at me or would see me as funny and laugh with me right? - This was the kind of justification I told myself. Thinking about it now makes me laugh so hard and embarrassed. Ha! But why am I writing this now? There’s a reason for it. At the end of 3rd semester, one of my roommates took advantage of me. In that sense, he showed his superiority towards me. I don’t know why h