Skip to main content

And then I watched Vallamai Thaaraayo

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/09/23/17/09231786529ab89b73ecbfb7ab2bfe83.jpg

Stablishing myself through the Storm

As I had mentioned in my previous posts, February 15 was a disaster. I didn’t like the day even a little bit. It was not only that marriage day I hated but, the problems started happening right before it and the problems sustained even after that marriage day.

It was like getting caught by a storm.

Vallamai Thaaraayo was great escapism before February 15th and Cook with Comali helped me a lot in copping up with the events that followed that marriage day.

I started binging Vallamai Thaaraayo after watching a clip in Instagram. I am a great Fanatic of this YouTube channel called the Temple Monkeys. After watching their videos constantly and repeatedly, I started searching the works done by the actors in the Temple Monkeys Team.

I started watching Short Films of Rishikanth, Abdul Lee and even watched a Indian Mini Web series about Indian Military because of Badri from the Temple Monkeys.

That’s how I found Vallamai Thaaraayo when I saw a clip Abdul Lee had posted in his Instagram handle.

It a dialogue Abdul had spoken in the 70th Episode of that show. It’s a “FEMINIST SHOW”.

The Show is about the life of an Indian girl from her childhood to womanhood. The show depicts how a typical South Indian girl gets treated in the patriarchal society. And I love shits like these. It teaches you how to be a well-maintained closet misogynist. **laughs hysterically**

JK

Jk GIF - Joke Lol Jk GIFs

But Seriously, sometimes, the shows punched my guts by the true depicts of stereotypes of South Indian women. I can even say it felt like a serialized version of Great Indian Kitchen if I may. It’s a 15-minute episodic drama about a woman named Abi who evolves into from a shy girl to a normal human being with self-respect (And its very difficult to be a normal human being especially a girl in India)

I made my brother and my mother to watch this show. They both are a duo when comes to watching Tamil Serials. They both watch Pandian Stores and Bharathi Kannamma in Hotstar daily. Both were cringe fests if you ask me. I shouted and then pleaded at them to watch Vallamai Thaaraayo instead of that feminist wannabe Kannamma from Bharathi Kannamma.

Abi is much more matured than Kannamma in all aspects. **nods hysterically**

Yes Evil GIF - Yes Evil Headnod GIFs

The last episode aired in the second week of February on 12-02-2021.

I successfully predicted Abi’s decision she would be taking at the end of the serial. Fun Fact: I got in a fight with one Boomer in the comment section of Episode 72 of Vallamai Thaaraayo. It’s a intense fight and I finally faked my defeat to maintain my sanity. I’ll post the Screenshots here to make it as a nostalgic reference. The guy with the Tamil text is my opponent.



On the same week, I read Right Behind You by Neil D’Silva. I had bought this book from the great Womaniser to read. It’s a collection of short stories on Horror. I was planning on giving it back to him when I meet him at the marriage function. So, I finished it that week. I also finished reading Why I am an Atheist & Other Works by Bhagat Singh FINALLYYY!!!

I had watched only two movies on the second weekend of February both on the theatres.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/files/styles/contentpreview/public/kutti_story_vijay_sethupathi_sakshi_agarwal_starrers_official_poster.jpg?itok=nqZLAPoB

Kutty Story – I watched the evening show of this movie on a Saturday and this movie was a disaster. It’s an Anthology film with 4 short films by 4 different directors. Except Nalan’s movie, I hated all the other three. Yuck!

https://static.toiimg.com/thumb/msid-79620881,width-800,height-600,resizemode-75,imgsize-1505916/79620881.jpg

Parris Jayaraj – I watched this movie on a Sunday morning. I was supposed to go to the lodge to get ready for the wedding next day. Before that, me and my buddies watched this film and Surprisingly, I loved it. I loved all the songs in this movie. It’s a commercial comedy movie and I enjoyed it.

I finally finished a fictional novel that I have TBR’d on 2014 in the Goodreads. It’s the old book I have put in my TBR list in Goodreads. Its Train to Pakistan by Khushwant Singh. After the marriage function, my mind didn’t want to read anything. So, I temporarily stopped reading this book and started watching Cook with Comali.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps of st

முதல் முத்தம்

முதல் முத்தம்  சிறுகதை  நவீன் செல்வகுமார்   இன்று(சனி)..  தனது PULSAR150ஐ, அதிகமான கார்கள் மற்றும் சில ரேஸ் பைக்குகள் நிறுத்தப்பட்டிருந்த பார்க்கிங்கில் ஒருவழியாக கிடைத்த சிறு இடத்தில நிறுத்தினான். அன்பு தன்னுடன் அலுவலுகத்தில் பணிபுரியும் அமித்தின் ‘BACHELOR PARTY’க்கு வந்திருந்தான்.இரவு எட்டு மணிக்கு வரவேண்டிய அமித்தின் 'BEACHHOUSE'க்கு 8.20க்கு வந்தடைந்தான். அமித்தின் BEACHHOUSEஐ சில வினாடிகள் ஏக்கமாய் பார்த்துவிட்டு வீட்டினுள்ளே நுழைந்தான்.செல்வராகவன் திரைப்படங்களில் வருவதுபோல் சிவப்பு பச்சை மஞ்சள் என வண்ண விளக்குகள் மின்ன ஆங்கில ராக் பாடல்களுடன் வெளியில் இருந்து பார்த்த அமைதிக்கு நேர் மாறாக அந்த அறை இருந்தது.அறை முழுவதும் மது வாசம் வீசியது. குறைந்த ஆடைகளுடன் பெண்களும் ஆண்களும் மதுகுவளைகளை கையில் ஏந்தியபடி ஆடிக்கொண்டிருந்தார்கள்.சிலர் தெய்வநிலை அடைந்த நிம்மதியில் சோபாவிழும் தரையிலும் கிடந்தார்கள்.அமித் அன்புவை வரவேற்று மது பாட்டிலை குடுத்து உபசரித்தான்.அன்பு அதை மறுத்துவிட்டு ஒரு மூலையில் போய் அமர்ந்தான்.அன்புவிற்கு மது பிடிக்காது.மது போதைக்காக இங்கு அவன் வரவில்லை, மாது போத

The Days of Being Wild (Last Days of IBM #5 - The End)

  The Days of Being Wild In the third semester of college, I had a fight with one of my roommates. I had lost my father in the second semester of college. It was a hard time for me and my family. The only thing that I had with me at that time were my friends. It may sound cringe, but the truth is, I needed to forget it all. I never wanted my friends to feel sympathy towards me. At that age, and especially in my 3rd semester, to avoid my gloom, I started acting weirdly. More like a cracked guy at times. By doing so, no one would feel sympathy towards me right? On the other hand, they would get irritated at me or would see me as funny and laugh with me right? - This was the kind of justification I told myself. Thinking about it now makes me laugh so hard and embarrassed. Ha! But why am I writing this now? There’s a reason for it. At the end of 3rd semester, one of my roommates took advantage of me. In that sense, he showed his superiority towards me. I don’t know why h