Skip to main content

My Classmate’s Marriage – Contd.

 https://i2.wp.com/teachersandwritersmagazine.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Rant-in-progress-e1488995992738.png?fit=571%2C400&ssl=1

My Classmate’s Marriage – Contd.

It was my classmate marriage. She’s a colleague of mine too. It was the first marriage of one of our classmates after the college. Also, I would get time to spend time with my friends. Though I had many issues to attend the marriage, I decided to attend the marriage on a whim. – And I regret this decision of mine a lot.

This Life Pawpaw GIF - ThisLife Pawpaw Cheii GIFs

Womanizer had a crush on her. He had proposed her during the college days, but she rejected his proposal. So, I thought it would be fun to attend the marriage and make fun of womaniser. But he too had something up in his sleeve to make fun of me. He had already announced that news to me before. I thought it would never affect me, but it had its effect a little.

It’s the surprise of this year’s February. (There’s one more thing too. But it’s a secret)

And the news is - My Ex is getting engaged to a college professor. 

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/proxy/AVvXsEhamnNJCxObqUZmQigHe-GsyaWcPc9xA3R5UG_4pCz4wDqgtslxjhORLrfr7AbgfY9dDWoN-FhZfnc-AkAtPU-DTqhDt56MoO-r6fPctxY_KkBXCspuQjlSQMbcKd-zDKbsml8Khh9BBYrgxBvLMq6iNOIqUEetgSktv64LbsLJQRxkoNOmNcgSi9pM6MNeHwEFal5r-9QW3dwDuS4M87bhk7s=

This February had taken its quota to surprise me.

I had similar kind of surprises in the last few Februarys.

I hated attending the marriage. Except the fun we boys had the night before the marriage – talking ghost stories and stuff like that, the marriage was no fun. I wish I had spent the time like we spent the previous night on the marriage too. As I told before, it’s a girl classmate’s marriage and our other girl classmates came with her office colleagues who are girls. 

Womaniser started talking to his girlfriends and ignored us as usual. I don’t blame him because he is womaniser. He can’t help himself. And Chettan is a committed fellow. So, he was spending time with his Valentine that day. And I had Lady Ji with me. I thought he would be giving me company. But he too gone with the wind.

Gone With The Wind GIF - GoneWithTheWind GIFs

It’s not like I was shy or anything. I just don’t feel like talking to a girl. I greeted some of them because I know them in IBM. And that’s the part I can play. Nothing more and nothing less. And I was too tired to talk to my friends too. I had slept for 2 hours and I was supposed to go to my Periyamma’s house after the wedding. The one guy who came to my rescue was the guy who Chettan and Womaniser didn’t want to come to the marriage. He too cringed me out in some places, but I had the liberty to scold him.

I know its kind of an insecurity but fuck it. 

After the wedding, we had many discussions on this. And all those discussions ended up as, me being the bad guy. Now I must accept the fact. I did some terrible things like lying to my closest friends and not behaving well on the marriage. I could’ve talked to the girls in a free way as if we are friends for a long time. But the problem was – I don’t speak to people who I am not close with, be it a boy or a girl.

Ace Ventura Thats It GIF - AceVentura ThatsIt JimCarrey GIFs

And finally, I will be me when I am around with my friends. And no one can take that part of me from myself; not even me.

I don’t want to discuss the secrets of the Februarys of 2017 to 2021. But I can say this – 

I am me because of the events that happened on those Februarys. From falling in love with a girl to breaking up with another girl (Technically it’s a break up as it’s a one side love), from escaping a near death experience to indulging myself in a life changing experience and from writing screenplays to directing amateur short films – These Februarys taught me and changed me a lot!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25TH POST!!!! Beyond the Clouds (EOI #7)

Beyond the Clouds I couldn’t able to sleep that night. I ended up dozing off at around 3 AM. It was my mallu friend who woke me up. I don’t know why (actually, the question to be asked is IDK how), I developed a habit of not waking up to my alarm. I have tried changing all the tunes, but the sound of my phone’s alarm never reaches my ear. I woke up, I didn’t change anything. I have planned for this day in a perfect manner. All I did was - had a warm bath, drank a hot strong coffee with a samosa for breakfast. Packed my bags, left my keys in the PG and for one last time, with a heavy-hearted sigh, I left my PG for good. The Cab was waiting for me and within an hour, I reached the airport. I have never been to an airport before, but Bangalore airport was a massive one. I had no clue what to do there. The first thing I did was, I took my printed copy of boarding pass. After a long queue for checking the body temperature and my AADHAR card, I entered inside the airport.   ...

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps o...

Boy-Girl Group makes me sick!

Boy-Girl Group makes me sick! Talking to girls is one thing but grouping with girls is another thing. I hate grouping with girls. I have experienced a lot before and whenever this happens – Its cringey – EVERYTIME!!! I even tried to be a part of this boys’ and girls’ gang. The first time was in the second semester of our college. It was a group of boys’ and girls’ where the boys protect the girls.  They are the FIREWALLS and I was a FIREWALL on those days. But being a firewall means you must call the girls in that gang as sisters. I can’t call a girl sister when I am dreaming wet dreams about her.  Ahnn??!?!?!?!  Well I am not sure if that’s a bad behavior or a good behavior. Is it misogynistic? Or is it being human? But I am sure it’s ME! Its how I am inside. It’ll never go away. I’ll never call a girl of my age as sister. Basically, I am a horny guy and I came to the realization that it’s not my kind of place. So, I resigned myself from the FIREWALL.   **E...