Skip to main content

This is how Adult Comedies should be done in Tamil (The 4-Month Void #4)

Adult Comedy Quotes. QuotesGram

 

I love adult comedies. It was 2018. I guess. My friend Naveen shared me a video. A guy is speaking vulgar words and it was funny as fuck. And the shock is, it was a Tamil video. It was a rare thing to happen. Tamil YouTube was already boomed and was rising at a study rate during 2016 and 2017. I came to know about Madan Gowri in my 3rd Semester and in 2018, he became a huge success. And other cringe love channels like Mic Set, Unakennappa were also booming. It was around that time, I happened to watch a YouTube channel.

It was Plip Plip. 

I am a sucker for anything that had adult content. Be it, sex, drugs, or gore.

Speaking of gore, I watched a fun gore movie called Braindead on the first week of April.

Braindead (1992)

 Why Braindead remains the pinnacle of grisly practical effects 

This is a vampirish movie with a lot of gore. Even as I am writing this sentence, the climax gore fest is popping in my mind. This is a kind of gore, where the story is not important, but the gore is. And in some areas, I nearly puked watching the movie. 

Usually, Tamil adult comedies were a rare occurrence. Even if they happen, it would either be a cringe or be a secret thing (like Hara Hara Mahadevaki audio files). But plip plip was a channel that had black humour with quality content. 

It was similar to another Tamil adult YouTube channel called The Temple Monkeys. I almost forgot about temple monkeys. I got introduced to them in my school days by watching a put chutney video (a baahubali spoof, I guess). Plip Plip had a similar vibe to that channel and I instantly liked their videos. 

It’s like in each part of my life, I came to know about these beautiful adult humour content.

In School – Temple Monkeys

In College – Plip Plip

At Job – SVK

So, why am I bragging about these?

Okay!

What I felt hearing about Periyar, I felt whenever I consume their content. One thing that Periyar told still hits me hard. It goes like this…

Don’t take any fact or news for granted. Analyse it. Blame anyone who does oppression and immoral deeds. Even if it’s me who doing it. Blame me!”

This kind of speeches would start a debate battle inside me. In April 2021, I watched a movie called Mandela where my head started a debate battle after watching that movie. One common debate battle I would have been whether the content I consumed was politically correct or not. And I felt a lot of political incorrectness in Mandela. I am definitely not trying to be a woke here.

Mandela (2021)

Mandela (2021) - IMDb 

Mandela is a movie where a village conducts an election, and the result of the election depends upon a single guy. And that guy is from an oppressed community. In order to win his vote, two major parties of that village try a lot of things to please him. I loved the film when I watched it. But when I discussed this film with my friends, I had some issues. (like I did with Paava Kadhaigal). One main issue I felt is the way a person represent himself as. But when we look closely, we see a different person.

This kind of realisation is what had happened with SVK. I started feeling their biased nature. And I hated it totally. 

I loved the above three guys, because they trolled everyone who lacked common sense. 

I was an avid listener of SVK podcast. I had listened to them from season 1 to season 3 on a weekly basis. But as soon as they started season 4, it became a biased one. 

Yes! I felt like they became suckers for one of the opposition parties of Tamil Nadu before 2021 election – DMK. As soon as any topic comes to DMK, they would turn a blind eye and it started becoming too obvious in season 4. 

I am a kind of guy who hates to be in the middle and I think one should be sided to either left or right. I am a leftist, and I would obviously incline towards DMK’s left ideology. But that doesn’t mean, I have to be a sucker for them. And that irritates me so much. 

And DMK’s IT Wing did a great job of trolling the other parties. It was a fun election. Although it was obvious to know who would win the election. 

On May 2nd, DMK won the 16th TN Elections and Thalapathy Stalin became the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu. 

With the help of SVK, I started listening to few other podcasts and I liked listening to podcast than hearing songs. Notable podcasts are, 

Vocal Oli by none other thalaivar Vijay Varadharaj

The WalkMonk

Om Creem

Marana Vilas

And more…

I had watched Joji and 99 Songs (A movie written by AR Rahman) in the middle of April. After that I got busy reading Harry Potter.

Joji (2021)

The one thing I love about Stephen King (though I read only one of his books but watches a lot of movies adapted from his books) is how he writes the dark side of humans. Joji does that exactly. Great One!

99 Songs (2021)

A cliched love movie with great music!

April month went swiftly after I started reading Harry Potter. 

But the next month went super-fast because of Superheroes…


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps of st

முதல் முத்தம்

முதல் முத்தம்  சிறுகதை  நவீன் செல்வகுமார்   இன்று(சனி)..  தனது PULSAR150ஐ, அதிகமான கார்கள் மற்றும் சில ரேஸ் பைக்குகள் நிறுத்தப்பட்டிருந்த பார்க்கிங்கில் ஒருவழியாக கிடைத்த சிறு இடத்தில நிறுத்தினான். அன்பு தன்னுடன் அலுவலுகத்தில் பணிபுரியும் அமித்தின் ‘BACHELOR PARTY’க்கு வந்திருந்தான்.இரவு எட்டு மணிக்கு வரவேண்டிய அமித்தின் 'BEACHHOUSE'க்கு 8.20க்கு வந்தடைந்தான். அமித்தின் BEACHHOUSEஐ சில வினாடிகள் ஏக்கமாய் பார்த்துவிட்டு வீட்டினுள்ளே நுழைந்தான்.செல்வராகவன் திரைப்படங்களில் வருவதுபோல் சிவப்பு பச்சை மஞ்சள் என வண்ண விளக்குகள் மின்ன ஆங்கில ராக் பாடல்களுடன் வெளியில் இருந்து பார்த்த அமைதிக்கு நேர் மாறாக அந்த அறை இருந்தது.அறை முழுவதும் மது வாசம் வீசியது. குறைந்த ஆடைகளுடன் பெண்களும் ஆண்களும் மதுகுவளைகளை கையில் ஏந்தியபடி ஆடிக்கொண்டிருந்தார்கள்.சிலர் தெய்வநிலை அடைந்த நிம்மதியில் சோபாவிழும் தரையிலும் கிடந்தார்கள்.அமித் அன்புவை வரவேற்று மது பாட்டிலை குடுத்து உபசரித்தான்.அன்பு அதை மறுத்துவிட்டு ஒரு மூலையில் போய் அமர்ந்தான்.அன்புவிற்கு மது பிடிக்காது.மது போதைக்காக இங்கு அவன் வரவில்லை, மாது போத

The Days of Being Wild (Last Days of IBM #5 - The End)

  The Days of Being Wild In the third semester of college, I had a fight with one of my roommates. I had lost my father in the second semester of college. It was a hard time for me and my family. The only thing that I had with me at that time were my friends. It may sound cringe, but the truth is, I needed to forget it all. I never wanted my friends to feel sympathy towards me. At that age, and especially in my 3rd semester, to avoid my gloom, I started acting weirdly. More like a cracked guy at times. By doing so, no one would feel sympathy towards me right? On the other hand, they would get irritated at me or would see me as funny and laugh with me right? - This was the kind of justification I told myself. Thinking about it now makes me laugh so hard and embarrassed. Ha! But why am I writing this now? There’s a reason for it. At the end of 3rd semester, one of my roommates took advantage of me. In that sense, he showed his superiority towards me. I don’t know why h