Skip to main content

THE frustrating write-up series that I am gonna start (Last Days of IBM #1)

End is always the beginning of something new!

I love this saying because, in a weird way, it is pessimistically optimistic (well! I said it was a weird one). 

And this time around, in my life, I kind of hated this saying. I don’t want it to end. But sometimes, some things have to end to give way for new beginnings.

So…

It's time to say goodbye to IBM.

August 2

It was a normal Monday like any other Monday. Ever since I started doing this work from home, Mondays never felt like a MONDAY! 

But that Monday was a different one. 

My friends shot a short film that previous week. And the director of that short film, NSK, was working on editing the footage we had shot in a single day. He was in the ending stages of his editing work and asked me to give some ideas on editing. I helped him with the cinematography of that movie and gave him ideas on the script. I am planning on writing about that crazy short film adventure in a separate post but let me focus on this MOTHERFUCKING MONDAY right now.

So…

I was planning on checking the footage we shot for the short film, for the millionth time, to decide whichever we could keep. That was all I planned to do on Monday and also, I wanted to create a subtitle file for that short film. I hadn’t informed this to NSK, but it was in my mind. And before checking the footage, I had to login to my IBM network. 

The below steps were my usual routine of mine on Mondays:

  1. I’ll connect to the IBM server (network) by using Cisco VPN Client. I would have to do this to claim my ILC (Intranet Labour Claiming) – Basically like marking our attendance by ourselves and by adding the hours we would be working for that particular week.

  2. Then I would visit the Workday website for IBMers and there, I’ll do my shift claiming for the previous week.  

  3. And then, I’ll check Gmail and IBM verse (An email service provided by IBM for the IBMers) and I’ll note down whatever tickets I have to check.

  4. Once I checked my emails, I would connect to the AT & T server (network) using Cisco VPN Client. 

  5. Then I would open a Ticket Management Website called AOTS to check the newly created tickets that day and at last, I would open the Q Chat (where AT&T project people would communicate with each other) to start my work.

The last three steps were my daily routine and on Mondays, I would do the first two steps before doing the last three. 

Usually, I would get 5 new tickets every day and I was planning on checking the footage after checking those 5 tickets. But even before completing the 3rd step…

It had happened!

I got my fucking Offer Letter from Infosys!

I Resigned from IBM

The Offer Letter from Infosys came as a surprise, and with that, I realised I had to resign from IBM.

In IBM, we had a 3-month notice period. So, I applied for my resignation on 2nd August 2021 (Monday) and my Last Working Day in IBM became 31st October 2021 (Sunday) with 91 days of Notice period.

So, I started counting the days after that. Also, I wanted to brush up Spring by creating a web application. I had three months in hand and I wanted to create at least one web application. But I ended up creating 2 web applications by the end of my Last Working Date. More on that in the upcoming posts. 

But apart from learning coding, I really wanted to finish any one of the things I started earlier this year. I started a number of things. I started reading Attack on Titan in January and read only 10 chapters, then suddenly, I started reading Detective Conan and completed nearly 25 Volumes (out of 100 Volumes). Then it became repetitive and boring. 

So, instead of coding or learning some shit, it was the time to finish what I had started.

So, I started reading Attack on Titan on the weekend of when I got my Infosys Offer (8th August)

Before I brag about AOT, I missed one thing.

It was our Short film “NOI”.

After a lot of editing, removing, and adding scenes, and all the promotions (kind of), we released our short film on 6th of August. When I think about it now, it was a fun experience. But when we did that, it was the most exhausting thing we had ever done. We planned to take 2 days to shoot 7 pages of content. 

That’s right! The script was only 7 pages and we planned to shoot it in 2 days. On a weekend, Saturday, and Sunday. And due to my lethargy, we were unable to shoot anything on Saturday. And it took three fourths of Sunday to wrap our shoot. To be honest, after our one-day shoot, our director and the only actor of that film planned to shoot a 3-minute scene a few days later. And it even led to a beef between our director and the actor. 

And it was not a nice one. 

And here I am, going to discuss what went wrong and why we even started to make a short film in my next post. 

Before I wrap this post up, I want to recall one incident that happened a few years back in my life. And it goes like this…

There lived a boy who wanted to write stories. He loved to write fantasy and thriller stories, and this made him watch similar themed movies eventually. Later on, in his life, he meets a similar kind of guy but had a little skill to do what he wanted to do. They both became friends and their passions towards making cinema had grown as the years passed by. But the boy soon realised that there were no skills and the passion for cinema in him and in contrary, the no-skill friend of his, driven by a severe hunger for making films, honed his skills (both writing and directorial skills) and went on to become the best version of himself in the upcoming years.

That boy was ME!

And his friend was NSK!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps of st

முதல் முத்தம்

முதல் முத்தம்  சிறுகதை  நவீன் செல்வகுமார்   இன்று(சனி)..  தனது PULSAR150ஐ, அதிகமான கார்கள் மற்றும் சில ரேஸ் பைக்குகள் நிறுத்தப்பட்டிருந்த பார்க்கிங்கில் ஒருவழியாக கிடைத்த சிறு இடத்தில நிறுத்தினான். அன்பு தன்னுடன் அலுவலுகத்தில் பணிபுரியும் அமித்தின் ‘BACHELOR PARTY’க்கு வந்திருந்தான்.இரவு எட்டு மணிக்கு வரவேண்டிய அமித்தின் 'BEACHHOUSE'க்கு 8.20க்கு வந்தடைந்தான். அமித்தின் BEACHHOUSEஐ சில வினாடிகள் ஏக்கமாய் பார்த்துவிட்டு வீட்டினுள்ளே நுழைந்தான்.செல்வராகவன் திரைப்படங்களில் வருவதுபோல் சிவப்பு பச்சை மஞ்சள் என வண்ண விளக்குகள் மின்ன ஆங்கில ராக் பாடல்களுடன் வெளியில் இருந்து பார்த்த அமைதிக்கு நேர் மாறாக அந்த அறை இருந்தது.அறை முழுவதும் மது வாசம் வீசியது. குறைந்த ஆடைகளுடன் பெண்களும் ஆண்களும் மதுகுவளைகளை கையில் ஏந்தியபடி ஆடிக்கொண்டிருந்தார்கள்.சிலர் தெய்வநிலை அடைந்த நிம்மதியில் சோபாவிழும் தரையிலும் கிடந்தார்கள்.அமித் அன்புவை வரவேற்று மது பாட்டிலை குடுத்து உபசரித்தான்.அன்பு அதை மறுத்துவிட்டு ஒரு மூலையில் போய் அமர்ந்தான்.அன்புவிற்கு மது பிடிக்காது.மது போதைக்காக இங்கு அவன் வரவில்லை, மாது போத

The Days of Being Wild (Last Days of IBM #5 - The End)

  The Days of Being Wild In the third semester of college, I had a fight with one of my roommates. I had lost my father in the second semester of college. It was a hard time for me and my family. The only thing that I had with me at that time were my friends. It may sound cringe, but the truth is, I needed to forget it all. I never wanted my friends to feel sympathy towards me. At that age, and especially in my 3rd semester, to avoid my gloom, I started acting weirdly. More like a cracked guy at times. By doing so, no one would feel sympathy towards me right? On the other hand, they would get irritated at me or would see me as funny and laugh with me right? - This was the kind of justification I told myself. Thinking about it now makes me laugh so hard and embarrassed. Ha! But why am I writing this now? There’s a reason for it. At the end of 3rd semester, one of my roommates took advantage of me. In that sense, he showed his superiority towards me. I don’t know why h