Skip to main content

Thinking about the trip is more fun than the actual TRIP?!??!?!??

 https://blog.tortugabackpacks.com/wp-content/uploads/diane-von-furstenberg-packing-quote.jpg

Ooty – Here I come!

Initially, we planned to stay in Ooty but eventually, it changed to a one-day trip. Mani suggested to call all our friends and I was against this idea. Because, if we start asking each one of them, then our trip would fail cent percent. Or at least, our trip would get postponed.

And the planning started. 

It's Happening! GIF - Ronpaul Happening Excited GIFs

One of the guys suggested to have a 2- or 3-day trip during Pongal holidays which will come after 3 weeks. Also, there’s the issue of money. If it’s a one-day trip, it would cost less, and we didn’t want to wait for another 3 weeks.

Speaking about the cost, we decided to take 1000 Rupees from each of the people who are coming for the trip and using it for all the expenses like Petrol, food and other things (like getting entry pass to visit an area… Stuff like that)

We all had 3 bikes and 6 persons in total. 2 persons for each bike and we are all set to go.

SJ and NSK, Shot’uh and Womeniser, Gundan and Me. Exactly on 3rd of January – A beautiful Sunday, we decided and finalised to have our trip.

2nd January 2021

As with all the plans, this one too had a crack. 

Regret Anchorman GIF - Regret Anchorman WillFerrell GIFs

It was nothing serious. Even before planning for the trip, I planned to watch Aayirathil Oruvan and Pudhupettai in Coimbatore. NSK proposed this plan to me. Later, SJ and Lovely tagged along for this plan. To our disappointment, no theatres had acquired the prints for these two movies. So, that plan got failed and I alone went and watched these two movies on the New Year in Tirupur. (Even in Tirupur, it was released on only one theatre)

To watch the morning show of the movie, I had bunked my night shift work on 31 December 2020. It’s not like I was the only one to bunk that day. I worked till 1 PM and logged off. The next day, I logged on sharply @ 7:00 PM and started doing my left-over work of the previous day.

After my dinner, I got a call from NSK and he asked me to check whether those two movies were playing in Coimbatore. Right then, I knew that I was going to bunk that night’s work too. I hated to do this because I had watched the movies already. But when I think about it, I would watch the movie once again too. It’s just that I had planned for other things to do and my whole plan was changing. 

Our Plan Kind Of Backfired Babs Buttman GIF - OurPlanKindOfBackfired BabsButtman PinkyMalinky GIFs

I checked BookMyShow and as suspected, those movies were playing in Coimbatore. Initially, I tried backing out but eventually, accepted it.

I had 3 hours at my disposal. I worked and completed as much of the work I could do at that time and logged off.

It was a sunny Saturday. Last few weeks were very cold, and the morning felt like evening. But 2nd January was a hot and bright day.

KG Cinemas – I had watched Baahubali – The Begging in the last year of my high school with my family. It was the last movie I had watched with my father in theatre. So, I always have that sentiment with KG Cinemas. It was also the same theatre where I watched Kabali 2 times – back to back. 

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71YR79Dv3sL._SL1024_.jpg

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/proxy/AVvXsEjiS1kNmWrCSf9hJlcWw6b4zpfrburSNc795ThqmS9ZlaO6naU9ohuWX7RUcR1D9Em82OghP7qzroIve39QBsEc-3AwRQ430eipQlOEaxWbVYr9I3Az2m7hzyR9MnfuTdzf0M_RiCnLuuII4A7KQ-hiZsdbm8t1EfFAoy66BVJT9hmgBKI=

Me, Uzumaki and Kattaru had our school reunion at that time. Kattaru brought his friend with him and we four had watched afternoon show and the evening show of Superstar’s Kabali on the same day.

After that, I was watching Aayirathil Oruvan (that I already watched the day before) once again.

SJ picked me on NSK’s Scooty Pep (Yes! Finally, NSK started exploring his Feminine side) at Laxmi Mills Stop. It was when I got attracted to this bike called Java. 

https://etimg.etb2bimg.com/photo/77416620.cms

I was crazy about bikes during my school days, but it got eroded by the time. It came to a point where I couldn’t able to drive a bike properly anymore. SJ pointed out the show room to me. It was like love at first sight. If I am going to buy a bike in future, I would be buying this one for sure. I won’t care about how many days it would take.

Talking about bikes, SJ dropped his bike at a service centre that day, prepping up for the trip.

Later that day, we would be picking up the bike from the service centre and taking it to get the pollution certificate. Lovely joined us, just for spending time with us and we had a peaceful night of sleep.

Because a peaceful sleep was needed for the next day – THE DAY OF THE TRIP TO OOTY!

 

Elmo Fire GIF - Elmo Fire Burn GIFs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps of st

முதல் முத்தம்

முதல் முத்தம்  சிறுகதை  நவீன் செல்வகுமார்   இன்று(சனி)..  தனது PULSAR150ஐ, அதிகமான கார்கள் மற்றும் சில ரேஸ் பைக்குகள் நிறுத்தப்பட்டிருந்த பார்க்கிங்கில் ஒருவழியாக கிடைத்த சிறு இடத்தில நிறுத்தினான். அன்பு தன்னுடன் அலுவலுகத்தில் பணிபுரியும் அமித்தின் ‘BACHELOR PARTY’க்கு வந்திருந்தான்.இரவு எட்டு மணிக்கு வரவேண்டிய அமித்தின் 'BEACHHOUSE'க்கு 8.20க்கு வந்தடைந்தான். அமித்தின் BEACHHOUSEஐ சில வினாடிகள் ஏக்கமாய் பார்த்துவிட்டு வீட்டினுள்ளே நுழைந்தான்.செல்வராகவன் திரைப்படங்களில் வருவதுபோல் சிவப்பு பச்சை மஞ்சள் என வண்ண விளக்குகள் மின்ன ஆங்கில ராக் பாடல்களுடன் வெளியில் இருந்து பார்த்த அமைதிக்கு நேர் மாறாக அந்த அறை இருந்தது.அறை முழுவதும் மது வாசம் வீசியது. குறைந்த ஆடைகளுடன் பெண்களும் ஆண்களும் மதுகுவளைகளை கையில் ஏந்தியபடி ஆடிக்கொண்டிருந்தார்கள்.சிலர் தெய்வநிலை அடைந்த நிம்மதியில் சோபாவிழும் தரையிலும் கிடந்தார்கள்.அமித் அன்புவை வரவேற்று மது பாட்டிலை குடுத்து உபசரித்தான்.அன்பு அதை மறுத்துவிட்டு ஒரு மூலையில் போய் அமர்ந்தான்.அன்புவிற்கு மது பிடிக்காது.மது போதைக்காக இங்கு அவன் வரவில்லை, மாது போத

The Days of Being Wild (Last Days of IBM #5 - The End)

  The Days of Being Wild In the third semester of college, I had a fight with one of my roommates. I had lost my father in the second semester of college. It was a hard time for me and my family. The only thing that I had with me at that time were my friends. It may sound cringe, but the truth is, I needed to forget it all. I never wanted my friends to feel sympathy towards me. At that age, and especially in my 3rd semester, to avoid my gloom, I started acting weirdly. More like a cracked guy at times. By doing so, no one would feel sympathy towards me right? On the other hand, they would get irritated at me or would see me as funny and laugh with me right? - This was the kind of justification I told myself. Thinking about it now makes me laugh so hard and embarrassed. Ha! But why am I writing this now? There’s a reason for it. At the end of 3rd semester, one of my roommates took advantage of me. In that sense, he showed his superiority towards me. I don’t know why h