Skip to main content

With the end, a new start begins (Being Otaku #6)

https://media.comicbook.com/2020/04/anime-manga-best-top-shonen-jump-show-series-ranked-1215900.jpeg?auto=webp&width=1200&height=628&crop=1200:628,smart

BEGINNING AND END OF AN ERA

2015

Summer

I finished my 12th final exams and was getting ready for the long summer holidays

I had completely lost all my interest in anime and manga. I gathered my interest for one last time and me and my brother watched our last anime as the OTAKU DUO.

It was the first season of ONE PUNCH MAN.

One Punch Man Serious GIF - OnePunchMan Punch Serious GIFs

I shifted my interest towards TV series.

The first TV series I watched was Dexter. I liked the first season of Dexter and it made me to forget anime and manga.

That summer holidays, I was totally into TV series and movie series, I had this crazy habit of collecting movies and animes that I have watched. I couldn’t afford for an external Hard Disk and I used to burn whatever in my PC to a DVD. I bought a lot of DVD’s that summer and started burning it.

I started going to type writing classes and I started gaining weight. I did a lot of things other than watching anime and reading manga.

I went to my cousin’s house who was the reason for my anime obsession. He was then married and had a baby. I spent time there and at that time, I watched all the marvel movies. We even went to watch the second avengers movie the Age of Ultron in Theaters.

That summer holidays went swiftly, and my results came. Soon after that I was joined in a strict college and even stricter hostel.

I was back to reading books because I was not allowed to use cellphone and laptop inside the hostel. I was a good tamil book reader. Until that point, I never read any English books. A friend of mine from the hostel named Elakiyan introduced me to Chetan Bhagat.

I found a friend named Naveen Selva Kumar who shared my same interest with Cinema, and we talked a lot about movies and stuff. He sooner became my rival and I started watching a lot of movies.

After the occurrence of a tragic event in my personal life, I was devasted and I wanted distractions a lot.

2016

Summer

The tragic event left my family in a critical state and I did everything in my sense to cope up. I became economically unstable and I discontinued my hostel and with a lot of friends, we rented a home together.

I spent a lot of time watching Dexter and Game of Thrones during that time.

Time to time I think about anime and manga.

As my interest in anime was decreasing, there was something going on in the anime community. That piqued my interest.

It was the news of the END OF THE BIG THREE

YES!!

Naruto ended on 2014. Now Shonen Jump (The Manga publishing company) made Tite Kubo (Author of Bleach) to end the manga. The manga was never on its final stages. There were a lot of questions to be answered.

But the politics of Shonen Jump won and Tite Kubo announced the ending of Bleach in a few weeks.

The only series remaining in the big three was One piece and with Naruto and Bleach ending, the Big three came to an end.

I got time and read the lost arc of Bleach manga at that time. After 1 whole year I was reading a manga. It felt good.

In my college days, I rarely watched any anime. Since the big three ended, I even lost interest in watching anime. I thought that there will never be a future for anime. Slowly I lost interest and even lost touch in anime and manga.

The only thing I was doing was I would read one-piece manga weekly and I would watch one-piece anime weekly and then I would watch the review for that week’s one-piece manga from tekking101.

This thing became a habit for me and deep down I wanted to keep in touch with anime.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/44/5c/cb/445ccb6270a1adb0f3f617d6f9da296a.jpg

THIRD PHASE

I was wrong.

Dead Wrong.

Anime can able to survive even without the Big three.

The last three years proved it.

My college life ended in 2019. I had a lot of memories from my college. I did a lot of things. I did things that I loved the most, I did things that I would come to regret for the rest of my life.

One of the things was not watching anime and not reading manga. But I did explore other things like watching foreign films, watching TV series, writing screenplays, going trips in bike and I even had gigs with making short films.

At the end of my college life, I even got a job.

2020

Joining the job, I cleared all my debts and gained credit card debts 😐

My current dope is reading novels.

Staring this year, I started watching the new generation anime. I started with watching My hero Academia. It was like watching a superhero version of Naruto to me.

I am making a list of anime to watch this year and the exciting thing is I can able to share my views.

I am not an avid user of social medias. I started using facebook in my 10th grade and used it excessively in my college days. I deleted all my social accounts (FB, Insta, Twitter) after my breakup in college. I even deleted whatsapp and reinstalled it (Classic breakup guy, right? 😐)

So, I opened an Insta account after joining the company. I haven’t used my account except once when I uploaded my Profile Picture. One time, I was surfing on the Insta and found this page called Otaku Nadu and was shocked.

Because it said Nadu which is a tamil word and near nadu it said Otaku which was me. 🤧 I once thought that this kind of things would never happen. It was a sweet twist for me.

Now I know I can able to share my views and share my interest with my fellow otakus who speak my language. But I must catch up a lot. I was making this list of animes to watch and starting this year, I am gonna be a real Otaku and enjoy being one.

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.1102509655.3132/flat,750x1000,075,f.jpg

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps of st

முதல் முத்தம்

முதல் முத்தம்  சிறுகதை  நவீன் செல்வகுமார்   இன்று(சனி)..  தனது PULSAR150ஐ, அதிகமான கார்கள் மற்றும் சில ரேஸ் பைக்குகள் நிறுத்தப்பட்டிருந்த பார்க்கிங்கில் ஒருவழியாக கிடைத்த சிறு இடத்தில நிறுத்தினான். அன்பு தன்னுடன் அலுவலுகத்தில் பணிபுரியும் அமித்தின் ‘BACHELOR PARTY’க்கு வந்திருந்தான்.இரவு எட்டு மணிக்கு வரவேண்டிய அமித்தின் 'BEACHHOUSE'க்கு 8.20க்கு வந்தடைந்தான். அமித்தின் BEACHHOUSEஐ சில வினாடிகள் ஏக்கமாய் பார்த்துவிட்டு வீட்டினுள்ளே நுழைந்தான்.செல்வராகவன் திரைப்படங்களில் வருவதுபோல் சிவப்பு பச்சை மஞ்சள் என வண்ண விளக்குகள் மின்ன ஆங்கில ராக் பாடல்களுடன் வெளியில் இருந்து பார்த்த அமைதிக்கு நேர் மாறாக அந்த அறை இருந்தது.அறை முழுவதும் மது வாசம் வீசியது. குறைந்த ஆடைகளுடன் பெண்களும் ஆண்களும் மதுகுவளைகளை கையில் ஏந்தியபடி ஆடிக்கொண்டிருந்தார்கள்.சிலர் தெய்வநிலை அடைந்த நிம்மதியில் சோபாவிழும் தரையிலும் கிடந்தார்கள்.அமித் அன்புவை வரவேற்று மது பாட்டிலை குடுத்து உபசரித்தான்.அன்பு அதை மறுத்துவிட்டு ஒரு மூலையில் போய் அமர்ந்தான்.அன்புவிற்கு மது பிடிக்காது.மது போதைக்காக இங்கு அவன் வரவில்லை, மாது போத

The Days of Being Wild (Last Days of IBM #5 - The End)

  The Days of Being Wild In the third semester of college, I had a fight with one of my roommates. I had lost my father in the second semester of college. It was a hard time for me and my family. The only thing that I had with me at that time were my friends. It may sound cringe, but the truth is, I needed to forget it all. I never wanted my friends to feel sympathy towards me. At that age, and especially in my 3rd semester, to avoid my gloom, I started acting weirdly. More like a cracked guy at times. By doing so, no one would feel sympathy towards me right? On the other hand, they would get irritated at me or would see me as funny and laugh with me right? - This was the kind of justification I told myself. Thinking about it now makes me laugh so hard and embarrassed. Ha! But why am I writing this now? There’s a reason for it. At the end of 3rd semester, one of my roommates took advantage of me. In that sense, he showed his superiority towards me. I don’t know why h