Skip to main content

Getting Old (Being Otaku #5)

https://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbseg/384/384530-bigthumbnail.jpg

Gantz was a Dark Seinen Manga. It deals with Aliens and post-Apocalyptic Worlds and stuff. If I want to rank all the mangas I have ever read it in my life, Gantz would be in the Top 5.

Reading gantz made me depressed in a good way. It was a cathartic experience. Whenever I feel low in my life, I remember gantz. It won’t make my depression disappear, instead it fuels my depression. Weirdly, I liked that effect. Every now and then I would read a random volume of Gantz to keep myself away from this world.

Gantz helped me to get over my Breakup during my college. It was the power of Gantz.

Finishing Gantz was amazing and it felt like my purpose of life had ended. It was too weird, but I liked that feel that Gantz gave me.

NO MORE ANIME AND MANGA

I watched two seasons of Code Geass around that time for a change, to take myself a break from all these manga reading. It was a refreshing break.

 I checked Code Provider for any anime recommendations, and I couldn’t find any. He was all manga and hentai. But after watching Code Geass, I wanted to watch anime. Not a shonen but a slice of life genred anime.

Samurai Samploo, Gintama, Rourin Kenshin and Cowboy Bebop satisfied me. I made the theme of Cowboy Bebop as my ringtone at that time.

Samurai Shamploo was too deep. If I want to rank all the animes I have ever watched it in my life, Samurai Shamploo would be in the Top 5.

I went on watching two episodes, three episodes of different animes to know my taste and to settle my mind in an anime series.

With this activity, I picked some animes and dropped it mid-way. I picked Toriko, Jo Jo was hot at that time, but I dropped watching it after the first season. I couldn’t able to remember the animes I watched for like 2-episodes and dropped immediately.

It was at that time, me and my brother, the OTAKU DUO had our last best binge Hunter X Hunter

I couldn’t able to settle on a single non shonen anime. Being a 16-year-old sucked. I couldn’t able to understand some animes at all.

I decided to go back and watch some shonen again. Also, solo watching bored the hell out of me. The anime communities in social medias were of different countries and I tried to mingle with them. All the efforts were ended in vain. I tried Indian anime groups in India to mingle but I couldn’t find a single group. The only person who can share my interest in anime was my brother and I wanted us to watch any anime together like old times.

https://wallpapermemory.com/uploads/456/hunter-x-hunter-background-hd-1280x1024-10853.jpg

We both decided to watch Hunter X Hunter and it was one hell of a ride. We caught up with Hunter X Hunter.

Hunter X Hunter was absolutely mind blowing. Be it its characters, be it its story arcs, be it its animation, be it its background score, everything was perfect. I even thought of reading all the chapter of Hunter X Hunter manga, but I couldn’t get myself to read any of the manga anymore.

I don’t want to write about Hunter X Hunter anymore because I am planning on reading the manga one of these days and I’ll be covering my opinion of HXH in my future blogs.

The OTAKU DUO finished HXH and my 11th grade also ended successfully. It was summer holidays all again.

I liked watching HXH as a part of the Otaku Duo and I wanted to introduce this slice of life genre to my brother.

Thus, the next anime we watched on the summer of 2014 was Bakuman. I know I have read all of manga, but I want to watch Bakuman with my brother. He liked the anime too much, but I was not able to watch the anime. Because I know what would happen in the anime.

My brother watched the anime and I left the OTAKU DUO.

11th grade summer holidays were good and bad. The good part was I was planning on watching this new anime and I was having two full months in my hand. The bad part was I must prepare for my 12th grade final exams.

12th grade final exams were crucial in every Indians life. The result would decide our future. But I didn’t care about my future. All I wanted for the rest of my life is to watch anime and read manga.

So, I decided to watch this new anime rather than to study for my supposed good future.

And the anime I had chosen was Attack on Titan.

https://wallpapermemory.com/uploads/403/eren-yeager-background-1080p-206001.jpg

Me and my brother already had watched the first season of AOT in my 11th grade. 2nd season was premiering that summer and I was waiting for it. My 11th summer holidays were short and the only anime I saw during that period was Attack on Titan. It was kind of the last anime that year.

Due to this 12th grade pressure, I forced myself to study, study and study.

It didn’t help me. I never studied and was poor at tests.

My anime adrenaline was draining fast during that time. There was a time in my life where the only anime and manga I watched and read was one piece and that too in a weekly manner.

My interest in anime was going away and I thought I was becoming mature as my parents said.

Getting Old GIF - GettingOld ImOld Joey GIFs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25TH POST!!!! Beyond the Clouds (EOI #7)

Beyond the Clouds I couldn’t able to sleep that night. I ended up dozing off at around 3 AM. It was my mallu friend who woke me up. I don’t know why (actually, the question to be asked is IDK how), I developed a habit of not waking up to my alarm. I have tried changing all the tunes, but the sound of my phone’s alarm never reaches my ear. I woke up, I didn’t change anything. I have planned for this day in a perfect manner. All I did was - had a warm bath, drank a hot strong coffee with a samosa for breakfast. Packed my bags, left my keys in the PG and for one last time, with a heavy-hearted sigh, I left my PG for good. The Cab was waiting for me and within an hour, I reached the airport. I have never been to an airport before, but Bangalore airport was a massive one. I had no clue what to do there. The first thing I did was, I took my printed copy of boarding pass. After a long queue for checking the body temperature and my AADHAR card, I entered inside the airport.   ...

Boy-Girl Group makes me sick!

Boy-Girl Group makes me sick! Talking to girls is one thing but grouping with girls is another thing. I hate grouping with girls. I have experienced a lot before and whenever this happens – Its cringey – EVERYTIME!!! I even tried to be a part of this boys’ and girls’ gang. The first time was in the second semester of our college. It was a group of boys’ and girls’ where the boys protect the girls.  They are the FIREWALLS and I was a FIREWALL on those days. But being a firewall means you must call the girls in that gang as sisters. I can’t call a girl sister when I am dreaming wet dreams about her.  Ahnn??!?!?!?!  Well I am not sure if that’s a bad behavior or a good behavior. Is it misogynistic? Or is it being human? But I am sure it’s ME! Its how I am inside. It’ll never go away. I’ll never call a girl of my age as sister. Basically, I am a horny guy and I came to the realization that it’s not my kind of place. So, I resigned myself from the FIREWALL.   **E...

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps o...