Skip to main content

Getting Old (Being Otaku #5)

https://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbseg/384/384530-bigthumbnail.jpg

Gantz was a Dark Seinen Manga. It deals with Aliens and post-Apocalyptic Worlds and stuff. If I want to rank all the mangas I have ever read it in my life, Gantz would be in the Top 5.

Reading gantz made me depressed in a good way. It was a cathartic experience. Whenever I feel low in my life, I remember gantz. It won’t make my depression disappear, instead it fuels my depression. Weirdly, I liked that effect. Every now and then I would read a random volume of Gantz to keep myself away from this world.

Gantz helped me to get over my Breakup during my college. It was the power of Gantz.

Finishing Gantz was amazing and it felt like my purpose of life had ended. It was too weird, but I liked that feel that Gantz gave me.

NO MORE ANIME AND MANGA

I watched two seasons of Code Geass around that time for a change, to take myself a break from all these manga reading. It was a refreshing break.

 I checked Code Provider for any anime recommendations, and I couldn’t find any. He was all manga and hentai. But after watching Code Geass, I wanted to watch anime. Not a shonen but a slice of life genred anime.

Samurai Samploo, Gintama, Rourin Kenshin and Cowboy Bebop satisfied me. I made the theme of Cowboy Bebop as my ringtone at that time.

Samurai Shamploo was too deep. If I want to rank all the animes I have ever watched it in my life, Samurai Shamploo would be in the Top 5.

I went on watching two episodes, three episodes of different animes to know my taste and to settle my mind in an anime series.

With this activity, I picked some animes and dropped it mid-way. I picked Toriko, Jo Jo was hot at that time, but I dropped watching it after the first season. I couldn’t able to remember the animes I watched for like 2-episodes and dropped immediately.

It was at that time, me and my brother, the OTAKU DUO had our last best binge Hunter X Hunter

I couldn’t able to settle on a single non shonen anime. Being a 16-year-old sucked. I couldn’t able to understand some animes at all.

I decided to go back and watch some shonen again. Also, solo watching bored the hell out of me. The anime communities in social medias were of different countries and I tried to mingle with them. All the efforts were ended in vain. I tried Indian anime groups in India to mingle but I couldn’t find a single group. The only person who can share my interest in anime was my brother and I wanted us to watch any anime together like old times.

https://wallpapermemory.com/uploads/456/hunter-x-hunter-background-hd-1280x1024-10853.jpg

We both decided to watch Hunter X Hunter and it was one hell of a ride. We caught up with Hunter X Hunter.

Hunter X Hunter was absolutely mind blowing. Be it its characters, be it its story arcs, be it its animation, be it its background score, everything was perfect. I even thought of reading all the chapter of Hunter X Hunter manga, but I couldn’t get myself to read any of the manga anymore.

I don’t want to write about Hunter X Hunter anymore because I am planning on reading the manga one of these days and I’ll be covering my opinion of HXH in my future blogs.

The OTAKU DUO finished HXH and my 11th grade also ended successfully. It was summer holidays all again.

I liked watching HXH as a part of the Otaku Duo and I wanted to introduce this slice of life genre to my brother.

Thus, the next anime we watched on the summer of 2014 was Bakuman. I know I have read all of manga, but I want to watch Bakuman with my brother. He liked the anime too much, but I was not able to watch the anime. Because I know what would happen in the anime.

My brother watched the anime and I left the OTAKU DUO.

11th grade summer holidays were good and bad. The good part was I was planning on watching this new anime and I was having two full months in my hand. The bad part was I must prepare for my 12th grade final exams.

12th grade final exams were crucial in every Indians life. The result would decide our future. But I didn’t care about my future. All I wanted for the rest of my life is to watch anime and read manga.

So, I decided to watch this new anime rather than to study for my supposed good future.

And the anime I had chosen was Attack on Titan.

https://wallpapermemory.com/uploads/403/eren-yeager-background-1080p-206001.jpg

Me and my brother already had watched the first season of AOT in my 11th grade. 2nd season was premiering that summer and I was waiting for it. My 11th summer holidays were short and the only anime I saw during that period was Attack on Titan. It was kind of the last anime that year.

Due to this 12th grade pressure, I forced myself to study, study and study.

It didn’t help me. I never studied and was poor at tests.

My anime adrenaline was draining fast during that time. There was a time in my life where the only anime and manga I watched and read was one piece and that too in a weekly manner.

My interest in anime was going away and I thought I was becoming mature as my parents said.

Getting Old GIF - GettingOld ImOld Joey GIFs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps of st

முதல் முத்தம்

முதல் முத்தம்  சிறுகதை  நவீன் செல்வகுமார்   இன்று(சனி)..  தனது PULSAR150ஐ, அதிகமான கார்கள் மற்றும் சில ரேஸ் பைக்குகள் நிறுத்தப்பட்டிருந்த பார்க்கிங்கில் ஒருவழியாக கிடைத்த சிறு இடத்தில நிறுத்தினான். அன்பு தன்னுடன் அலுவலுகத்தில் பணிபுரியும் அமித்தின் ‘BACHELOR PARTY’க்கு வந்திருந்தான்.இரவு எட்டு மணிக்கு வரவேண்டிய அமித்தின் 'BEACHHOUSE'க்கு 8.20க்கு வந்தடைந்தான். அமித்தின் BEACHHOUSEஐ சில வினாடிகள் ஏக்கமாய் பார்த்துவிட்டு வீட்டினுள்ளே நுழைந்தான்.செல்வராகவன் திரைப்படங்களில் வருவதுபோல் சிவப்பு பச்சை மஞ்சள் என வண்ண விளக்குகள் மின்ன ஆங்கில ராக் பாடல்களுடன் வெளியில் இருந்து பார்த்த அமைதிக்கு நேர் மாறாக அந்த அறை இருந்தது.அறை முழுவதும் மது வாசம் வீசியது. குறைந்த ஆடைகளுடன் பெண்களும் ஆண்களும் மதுகுவளைகளை கையில் ஏந்தியபடி ஆடிக்கொண்டிருந்தார்கள்.சிலர் தெய்வநிலை அடைந்த நிம்மதியில் சோபாவிழும் தரையிலும் கிடந்தார்கள்.அமித் அன்புவை வரவேற்று மது பாட்டிலை குடுத்து உபசரித்தான்.அன்பு அதை மறுத்துவிட்டு ஒரு மூலையில் போய் அமர்ந்தான்.அன்புவிற்கு மது பிடிக்காது.மது போதைக்காக இங்கு அவன் வரவில்லை, மாது போத

The Days of Being Wild (Last Days of IBM #5 - The End)

  The Days of Being Wild In the third semester of college, I had a fight with one of my roommates. I had lost my father in the second semester of college. It was a hard time for me and my family. The only thing that I had with me at that time were my friends. It may sound cringe, but the truth is, I needed to forget it all. I never wanted my friends to feel sympathy towards me. At that age, and especially in my 3rd semester, to avoid my gloom, I started acting weirdly. More like a cracked guy at times. By doing so, no one would feel sympathy towards me right? On the other hand, they would get irritated at me or would see me as funny and laugh with me right? - This was the kind of justification I told myself. Thinking about it now makes me laugh so hard and embarrassed. Ha! But why am I writing this now? There’s a reason for it. At the end of 3rd semester, one of my roommates took advantage of me. In that sense, he showed his superiority towards me. I don’t know why h