Skip to main content

Suck my (Di)Neck

 I hated twilight series.

But something anchored in me so strong that it made me watch the movie version of Twilight. I am not sure what happened and even not sure about this something.
This post will be more investigating and finding out that something rather than me blabbering about my pathetic life. (Well! A little bit of that too)
And now…
The day is on the 28th of March. A beautiful Friday. I decided to binge-watch the Twilight movies for the weekend. I have already watched it in my sophomore years but then, this something stirred my decisions and before I knew it, I downloaded the movies.

THE BOREDOM

To be frank, I was a bit lethargic to the situation that I am currently in.

YES!
The world is being attacked by this deadly Corona Virus (Some call this motherfucker COVID, well, who cares) and I was not prepared to go to my home.
I am staying in this shit hole of a place in Outer ring road of Bangalore called Nagwara when the first announcement for this virus came. Even my mallu roommate went (eloped with his girlfriend to be precise😝) to his home. I was left all alone. The reason for this lethargic decision is…
Netflix!
And Amazon Prime!
And My PG offers me a huge speed Internet.
My PG is more like a Boy’s hotel rather than an actual PG. The weird thing is calling this place as PG but in reality, I am the one who should be called as PG.
Well! What the fuck that a ‘Paying Guest (PG)’ had to do anything with a place?

Anyways….

My PG (I kinda habituated calling this shithole a PG) offers me a highly faster internet and tasty meals and henceforth I wanted to stay here.
And then the 1-week Work from Home announcement came followed by 21 days of 144 all over India.
Dabababababababa (Umm. The Drumroll)
With a drumroll, I have taken the first steps into this solitary life for the next 21 days.

THE ROUTINE

It took me a week to calm myself. By the end of the first week, I had finished reading the Twilight series.  I did not have any idea on how to spend the upcoming days of solitude.

 So, I planned on a routine to follow.
The day is for doing my boring IT job and studies.
The night is for movies and stuff.
Sparring only 4 hours of sleep daily, this plan was a success for the initial few days.

I never thought solitude would make me this much organized. Also, this routine helped me greatly in finding out that "something".
For the first few days of this routine, I did my job and studied some stuff on Udemy in the daytime and started reading Wattpad and watching YouTube in the night time.
One day I read a short story in Wattpad. I didn’t plan on reading this short story. Randomly I picked this one and started reading it. That something inside me felt happy, felt thirsty to read more of it.
But more of what?
It suddenly hit me right there. The answer to all my questions. The answer to why I felt like watching Twilight movies when I know that the book was an okayish romance drama. That something eluded me to all this mess. And All of a sudden, I realized that I wanted to watch more of,

Vampires!!!

THAT SOMETHING

 Then I knew that the "something" was Vampires. 

I downloaded the Twilight Saga movies and started watching it.
Weirdly enough, watching Twilight felt totally different than reading Twilight. I know it would feel different when we read something rather than watching it but, even the plot arcs and emotional elements I felt when reading the books were totally off when I watched the movies.
The parts that I disliked in the book, I liked it when I watched it.
Breaking Dawn was totally a bore to me. Especially after the Jacob’s POV (After the first half of the book). I didn’t like the second half of the breaking dawn but, my most favorite movie in the Twilight series is the Breaking Dawn Part 2.
I mean, What the Fuck?
Okay! Before I figure out why I felt this much of hypocrisy between the books and the franchise, I’ll rank my preferences in both the movies and the franchise. (Like Rank of Book Vs Rank of Movie Franchise)

TWILIGHT – BOOK SERIES 

 

         I.            Twilight 
       II.            Eclipse 
     III.            Breaking Dawn 
    IV.            New Moon

TWILIGHT SAGA – MOVIE FRANCHISE 

 

         I.            Breaking Dawn Part 2 
       II.            Twilight 
     III.            Breaking Dawn Part 1 (Marriage ceremony was totally awesome) 
    IV.            Eclipse 
      V.            New Moon

I like Twilight because of Edward and Bella. The way they attract to each other was exceptionally well written in books. Stephanie Meyer has this amazing way of bringing out the feelings of her characters. Breaking Dawn just felt like a book only written for the purpose of making it as a movie. (An awful Chetan Bhagat way of writing a novel)
Twilight is basically a romantic novel.
Bella is your normal high school girl who falls for a vampire dude, Edward. Due to the love they shared towards each other, they attract danger. (YES, I AM SPEAKING ABOUT THAT MOTHERFUCKER JACOB TOO) They somehow escapes from all the dangers and live happily ever after.

THE END.

But what about Vampires and Werewolves?

Where is the fucking action?

And that is precisely why I loved Part 2 of the Breaking Dawn a lot. It is no more a romantic movie which deals with fucking teenage problems. Action. A lot of action. A lot of Vampire and Werewolf action. Even after the movie ended, I wanted it.
I wanted it badly.

UNDERWORLD

Each district in India has its own set of local channels. Well, not now, since the cable TVs are diminishing rapidly, I am talking about my childhood days.
I was brought up in a small town called Karur. It has its own set of cable TVs (or local channels). There was this one channel I (My whole family) liked so much. And the name of that local channel is King TV.
 
Nostalgia hits me hard when I think about it. On every Saturday night at 9 PM, King TV will telecast a Tamil dubbed English movie. I can say that is how I developed a taste for foreign films. It opened my cinema viewing experience to a whole new level.
Twilight left me nothing but the desire to watch more vampires stuff. Since I was not in the mood of watching another Virgin Love Story (BTW I love Virgin Love Stories) at that moment, the memories of King TV struck my mind. (I can also say struck my heart!)
Somewhere in my 7th standard of high school, me and my family watched Underworld telecasted in King TV on a Saturday night. King TV was our kind of Netflix those days.
It was the last week of March, precisely 10 days after COVID Quarantine announcement, and after a boring week of work, I downloaded the movies and guess what.
The insomnia of the weekend began…

VAMPIRES VS WEREWOLVES

Underworld, in its core, was a story about the war between two bloodthirsty creatures.

 

 

 

 

 

Vampires

And

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Werewolves. (or Lycans as they call in these movies)

This 5-part (hopefully more) movie franchise’s main protagonist is Selena.
She is a Vampire, Death Dealer, lover and mother.
Throughout this series, I had this one dilemma that I had to deal with.
Whom should I side with? Vampire or Werewolf
I watch movies subjectively even it is an action movie and henceforth this is one dilemma I had to find the answer for.
Initially I loved Selene more which made me cheer up for Vampires. Then as the movie progressed, I wanted the Lycans to win. To top it off, Selene falls for a Michael who is now a Lycan.

LYCANS AKA WEREWOLVES

The difference between the werewolves in Twilight and the werewolves in Underworld is Underworld’s werewolves are the actual werewolves.
Those who had read the Twilight books might have known this fact already. The werewolves from the Twilight world are nothing but shapeshifters and the only shape they can shift is of a werewolf.
The Lycans – They were a different story. They were slaves dominated by Vampires. The 3rd part of this series Underworld – Rise of the Lycans was by far the best Underworld movie ever made.
Lucian (Head of the Lycans) played by Michael Sheen was out of the world. A surprising fact for me is that he is the same guy who played Aro in Twilight series.
A man of an oppressing community falls in love for the woman of a dominating community sparks a rebellion and it led to the 300-year-old war that forms the crux of the Underworld film series.
The last 2 parts of this film series disappointed me a little bit, but the action was good. I hope there will be a 6th part coming but as far as my research (YES! Now I am a fucking scientist), the possibility is zero.

I LOVE VAMPIRES

Finally, that is how I started a liking for Vampires. My thirst for watching vampire movies was hugely quenched by Underworld.
I mean, who doesn’t like vampires?

Even Quentin Torantino, my favorite director of all time, screen played a vampire movie.

Francis Ford Coppola (Director of Godfather) had directed a vampire movie about Dracula.

Park Chan Wook (Director of Old boy) made a realistic horror movie about vampires that have ever made in the world.

And much more…

Vampires are real. They're usually not the cape-wearing, "mwah-hah-hah-ing" types, but rather people with ordinary jobs who just happen to consume blood.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25TH POST!!!! Beyond the Clouds (EOI #7)

Beyond the Clouds I couldn’t able to sleep that night. I ended up dozing off at around 3 AM. It was my mallu friend who woke me up. I don’t know why (actually, the question to be asked is IDK how), I developed a habit of not waking up to my alarm. I have tried changing all the tunes, but the sound of my phone’s alarm never reaches my ear. I woke up, I didn’t change anything. I have planned for this day in a perfect manner. All I did was - had a warm bath, drank a hot strong coffee with a samosa for breakfast. Packed my bags, left my keys in the PG and for one last time, with a heavy-hearted sigh, I left my PG for good. The Cab was waiting for me and within an hour, I reached the airport. I have never been to an airport before, but Bangalore airport was a massive one. I had no clue what to do there. The first thing I did was, I took my printed copy of boarding pass. After a long queue for checking the body temperature and my AADHAR card, I entered inside the airport.   ...

Dravidian Otaku's First Year Anniversary

  It’s been a year since I started writing my blog! February 1, 2020 I had completed reading the first book of Twilight book series. I had my Netflix subscription back then and watched a lot of movies and series in the month of January 2020. Since it’s the beginning of a new year, I wanted to record all the movies and series I would be watching. So, I created an excel sheet to record it. Then suddenly, I lost interest in recording it. This happens always to me. I would never stick to something for a long time ever before. But then I started reading Twilight and it did something to me. Watching a 2 hours movie is one thing but, reading a book for a week is another thing. It would transport you to a world you’d never experienced before. This may feel like exaggerating but, trust me, you have to feel it to know it. I wanted to say something about it. So, I created to a blog to review the movies or series I have watched and books that I would read. Initially I had help from B...

Boy-Girl Group makes me sick!

Boy-Girl Group makes me sick! Talking to girls is one thing but grouping with girls is another thing. I hate grouping with girls. I have experienced a lot before and whenever this happens – Its cringey – EVERYTIME!!! I even tried to be a part of this boys’ and girls’ gang. The first time was in the second semester of our college. It was a group of boys’ and girls’ where the boys protect the girls.  They are the FIREWALLS and I was a FIREWALL on those days. But being a firewall means you must call the girls in that gang as sisters. I can’t call a girl sister when I am dreaming wet dreams about her.  Ahnn??!?!?!?!  Well I am not sure if that’s a bad behavior or a good behavior. Is it misogynistic? Or is it being human? But I am sure it’s ME! Its how I am inside. It’ll never go away. I’ll never call a girl of my age as sister. Basically, I am a horny guy and I came to the realization that it’s not my kind of place. So, I resigned myself from the FIREWALL.   **E...