Skip to main content

The Late Reveal (The 4-Month Void #5)

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1240080664440913920/8cTywtY-_400x400.jpg

The Reveal

It all started in the month of March. 

Okay. I don’t want to be boring.

May – I watched all the Harry Potter movies and read all Sen Balan Novels

June – I watched all MCU movies and series till date (Canon)

July – I started attending Interview

August – I got offer in Infosys 

September – I am writing this motherfucking post.

I started working @ IBM on June 17, 2019. The initial training was very good, and I learned a lot.

But I got a project in an app where the main work I did was support. Then I got 3 to 5 months of development work in the middle of 2020. By the end of 2020, I got assigned to analyse the root cause of issues for permanently solving certain issues. 

The application I worked on is End to End Flow Management system (EFMS) and its an AT&T application. I joined this project on October 2019 and the end date for me in that project was March 2021. I planned to work on a different project after I completed this one. So, as soon as 2021 started, I was eager to end my time in this EFMS and waiting to start my experience in a new project within IBM.

But that did not happen at all. My project got extended for another year and I heard that they would extend it the next year too. So, from March 2021, my mind was occupied with a dilemma. Should I request my manager to change the project, or Should I switch to another company? I didn’t want to move out of IBM. I wanted to work in at least 2 projects in IBM. But the meeting with my friend Uzumaki in January slightly changed my opening.

He was preparing for company switch from December 2020 and when I met him in January, he was applying and attending interviews. He advised me to try and prepare but I was adamant in changing the project instead of the company.

That’s when I came to another shocking fact. If I want to work in another project, then my only option was to choose apps within AT&T. But I wanted to work on a different app. I could’ve pressured and requested my manager constantly but deep down I knew I couldn’t pull something like that. And I didn’t want to change the company too. So, the days of procrastination accompanied with this dilemma started.

This was the main reason why I had chosen to read Harry Potter. I wanted that escapism so bad. But as soon as I finished reading the series, I was back to square one.

It was May. I had another series in my TBR – The Witcher Series. But something else intrigued me and that was the detective stories of Karthick Aldo written by Sen Balan. Harry Potter movies and other movies occupied my first of May and I dedicated myself to finish Sen Balan books in the second half of May.

And by the end of May, I complete three fourth of books written by Sen Balan. But the sad truth was, the books didn’t provide me any escapism. I became frustrated on myself. I am not sure what is going on in my life anymore. It feels like I got stuck in a loop. To top of it, Tamil Nadu government announced lockdown for 2 months. YES! ITS BECAUSE OF THIS FUCKING CORONA VIRUS. And there goes my other escapism and joy – spending time with friends.

At this frustrating period of days, I suddenly started to continue learning the Web Development course that I stopped watching in May 2020. After a year, in May 2021, I planned to complete that course. So, to download the remaining course from Udemy, I called my friend Uzumaki, who was working on TCS. He can use all the Udemy courses for free using his company account. And it was a bad decision. 

My frustration upped 2X when I finished that call with Uzumaki. He started enlightening me about quitting my current job and apply to a new company. This was the one thing that I wanted to forget for all the fucking world. I wouldn’t blame him for his enlightenments because he had to be optimistic in his mind to handle whatever shit he was going through at that time (like applying and attending the interviews) It was just – He enlightened the wrong person at the wrong time. 

It was the last week of May. I planned to resume Brooklyn 99 in the first week of June and finished watching it by the end of June. So, I watched 5 movies of different genres from May 20 to May 30.

Cinema Bandi (2021)

A film about how cinema can drive people crazy. It was a blissful experience.

Kala (2021)

This movie would be in my list of top 3 movies of 2021. The main protagonist of this movie comes after 1 hour of the film and the movies enters a lit zone once he appears. Otha!

Labour of Love (2014)

I have watched only one Bengali movie in my life and I already forgot what it was. NSK suggested me to watch this movie. This is a kind of movie that I would like to watch in a theatre with no one else but me.

Army of the Dead (2021)

Zack Snyder’s movie! I loved his Justice League cut but this movie is a nice cliched version of a zombie apocalypse.

Friends: The Reunion (2021)

And here comes my most favourite thing that happened in May. I am a huge “friends” fan and completely blissed me out. It was an emotional rollercoaster.

And after watching “Friends” reunion, my plan to watch Brooklyn 99 got collapsed. I don’t know why. But I didn’t feel like watching B99. I started watching clips of “friends” and “HIMYM” episodes in a loop. 

I liked the feeling of revisiting my favourite moments. And in that time, I heard that MCU movies were coming back. Loki is coming back in the form of a TV series in June. Combing my desire to revisit my favourite moments and my desire to watch Loki, I started re-watching all the MCU movies and series.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohm Namashivaaya to you-all raa fuckers!!!

  It was very difficult for me to climb the first hill with my full stomach. I have never sat to take rest when I climbed the first hill back in 2019 but, this time around, I last count on how many times I had sat down to take a bit of rest. I even felt a sudden urge to quit this and go down. But my friends waited with me till I reached the first hill. And believe me, after reaching the first hill, my stomach didn’t upset me anymore. Instead, all the proteins I ate just gave me my stamina. This time It took me one hour to complete the first hill (may be more; I forgot) but, its certainly much slower than my last time. You know what! I am not going to compare my 2-years-back-self to my current-self. It’s just so frustrating. 2 Years Ago It was not till the end of 3 rd hill; I start to feel my legs shaking. Till the third hill, there would be steps arranged in a neat manner so that we can climb easily. But after that, the steps would be would start becoming irregular heaps of st

முதல் முத்தம்

முதல் முத்தம்  சிறுகதை  நவீன் செல்வகுமார்   இன்று(சனி)..  தனது PULSAR150ஐ, அதிகமான கார்கள் மற்றும் சில ரேஸ் பைக்குகள் நிறுத்தப்பட்டிருந்த பார்க்கிங்கில் ஒருவழியாக கிடைத்த சிறு இடத்தில நிறுத்தினான். அன்பு தன்னுடன் அலுவலுகத்தில் பணிபுரியும் அமித்தின் ‘BACHELOR PARTY’க்கு வந்திருந்தான்.இரவு எட்டு மணிக்கு வரவேண்டிய அமித்தின் 'BEACHHOUSE'க்கு 8.20க்கு வந்தடைந்தான். அமித்தின் BEACHHOUSEஐ சில வினாடிகள் ஏக்கமாய் பார்த்துவிட்டு வீட்டினுள்ளே நுழைந்தான்.செல்வராகவன் திரைப்படங்களில் வருவதுபோல் சிவப்பு பச்சை மஞ்சள் என வண்ண விளக்குகள் மின்ன ஆங்கில ராக் பாடல்களுடன் வெளியில் இருந்து பார்த்த அமைதிக்கு நேர் மாறாக அந்த அறை இருந்தது.அறை முழுவதும் மது வாசம் வீசியது. குறைந்த ஆடைகளுடன் பெண்களும் ஆண்களும் மதுகுவளைகளை கையில் ஏந்தியபடி ஆடிக்கொண்டிருந்தார்கள்.சிலர் தெய்வநிலை அடைந்த நிம்மதியில் சோபாவிழும் தரையிலும் கிடந்தார்கள்.அமித் அன்புவை வரவேற்று மது பாட்டிலை குடுத்து உபசரித்தான்.அன்பு அதை மறுத்துவிட்டு ஒரு மூலையில் போய் அமர்ந்தான்.அன்புவிற்கு மது பிடிக்காது.மது போதைக்காக இங்கு அவன் வரவில்லை, மாது போத

The Days of Being Wild (Last Days of IBM #5 - The End)

  The Days of Being Wild In the third semester of college, I had a fight with one of my roommates. I had lost my father in the second semester of college. It was a hard time for me and my family. The only thing that I had with me at that time were my friends. It may sound cringe, but the truth is, I needed to forget it all. I never wanted my friends to feel sympathy towards me. At that age, and especially in my 3rd semester, to avoid my gloom, I started acting weirdly. More like a cracked guy at times. By doing so, no one would feel sympathy towards me right? On the other hand, they would get irritated at me or would see me as funny and laugh with me right? - This was the kind of justification I told myself. Thinking about it now makes me laugh so hard and embarrassed. Ha! But why am I writing this now? There’s a reason for it. At the end of 3rd semester, one of my roommates took advantage of me. In that sense, he showed his superiority towards me. I don’t know why h